Fan Clubs

The X Factor 2008 Thread

Guest FreeSpirit

Guest FreeSpirit

Preview:

The X Factor 2008 Official Website HERE

The fifth UK series of The X Factor is due to be broadcast on ITV from Saturday 16th August through to December 2008.

Auditions in front of producers were held in April/May, with callbacks in front of the judges in June. The number of applicants for series 5 reached an all-time high with a reported 182,000 people auditioning.

Like the previous series a year before, series 5 gained media attention even before auditions in front of the judges began. Press attention was largely over the changes made to the cast—most notably the departures of Sharon Osbourne as a judge and Fearne Cotton as presenter of spin-off show The Xtra Factor.

After much media reportage, on 10 June 2008 ITV confirmed that Osbourne was to be replaced by Girls Aloud singer Cheryl Cole. Cotton is being replaced by Holly Willoughby!

Well The X Factor starts tonight at 7.30pm on ITV1, with The Xtra Factor following immediately after on ITV2 at 8.30pm.

• Replies 398
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I much prefer the auditions-you get to hear the scary bad singers, and the ones who think they're amazing and have all this family support but are actually nothing special. It's great to see their faces drop before they go all psycho on the judges :lol

Guest Nicole
There was a guy from Dwich last year who was one of the bad auditionees. Now he wears a tshirt around the town advertising he was on xfactor and does special kareoke appearances :D I love the mad people on the auditions, but Simon Cowell is right, they should not be encouraged by friends and family - it's cruel!

Guest Nemesis Enforcer
I only ever really watch the audiction as they are the best part just for the crazy no talent people on there who get angry when they are told they can't sing, shall tune in tonight and laugh at them once again

Guest Shane O Mac

The audtions are the best bit!

I was hooked on Pop Idol 2(Sam, Mark, Chris :wub:wub:wub), but never got into X Factor as much. I watch it when I can, but not that bothered if I miss it

Guest Shane O Mac
Uh oh folks: Here we go with the sob stories.

Wouldn't be X Factor without it :lol

She's pretty good though! Sounds a bit too much like Amy though

Guest Nemesis Enforcer
Agreed G2G, I just wish all these people with good voices would just sing rarther then go through the whole "I have had such a hard life and this is the only thing that will make up for it, me winnin" stuff though

Guest Nemesis Enforcer

OMG!!!!

The brothers who were taken out after refusing to leave were hillarious and they were still at it after the audition ended :lol

Hey look, it's someone who's quite photogenic, can string more than two words together, has a dramatic and/or tragic story AND has solemn piano music playing as they introduce her before her audition.

I wonder if she'll get through...

::: EDIT :::

Colour me surprised! She got through! Wowzer! Never saw THAT coming!

Man I'm getting cynical in my old age...

Edited by Inno