Fan Clubs (beta)

Open Club  ·  55 members  ·  Free

Wrestling

If you could change anything in WWE what would it be?

Guest joe boy

Guest joe boy
Personally i would bring back the days when the IC title actually meant something.Its a joke really now it used to be a jumping of point for bigger and better things now it truely is just a prop.Their are other things i would change but given one choice that would be the one thing for me.Look how hotlly contested it used to be i really do miss those days.

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Redneck Messiah
I'd change the way they book matches/promos/interviews and treat secondary titles with more respect. Enough with the matches with tons of rest holds. Enough with the heels always booked to look weak to the faces. Enough with holding down wrestlers and what they are allowed to do in the ring. I don't care if the opening match shows up the main event......let them go all out. They also need to allow certain wrestlers more freedom on the mic. Let the guys with decent charisma shine and show what they can do. I'm tired of overscripted promos. Make a decent Tag Team division where you build stars. Don't have tag team guys being jobbers for the main event guys. Same with the IC and US title holders. Use the straps to make new stars and don't have them facing the HW title holders all the time and getting beat. With booking, try new things and don't go back to the things they do all the time. Add a freshness to the product whenever possible.

I'd bring back the Cruiserweight Title. Give wrestler's like Jimmy Wang Yang, Jamie Noble and others a chance winning a title.

Guest joe boy
I'd change the way they book matches/promos/interviews and treat secondary titles with more respect. Enough with the matches with tons of rest holds. Enough with the heels always booked to look weak to the faces. Enough with holding down wrestlers and what they are allowed to do in the ring. I don't care if the opening match shows up the main event......let them go all out. They also need to allow certain wrestlers more freedom on the mic. Let the guys with decent charisma shine and show what they can do. I'm tired of overscripted promos. Make a decent Tag Team division where you build stars. Don't have tag team guys being jobbers for the main event guys. Same with the IC and US title holders. Use the straps to make new stars and don't have them facing the HW title holders all the time and getting beat. With booking, try new things and don't go back to the things they do all the time. Add a freshness to the product whenever possible.

You make some great points.WWE should let all the talent they do have just go out and show what they can do great post m8.

Guest ScottyB
I'd bring back the Cruiserweight Title. Give wrestler's like Jimmy Wang Yang, Jamie Noble and others a chance winning a title.

This.

I'd also focus more on the Tag Titles of each brand.

Guest Nemesis Enforcer

First thing i'd do is get rid of 95% of the scripting in promos and just give out bullet points for wrestler to hit during their segment, for those who I saw potential in but couldn't talk very well i'd bring back mouth pieces to talk for them all those who couldn't cut it without scripting and didnt have enough talent to get over without cutting promos would be fired.

Second thing i'd do is get cut the titles down to: WWE title, IC title, World Tag titles, US title, Women's title and bring back the Cruiser title. The WWE title would be be defended on all 3 shows as would Tag titles others are brand exclusive.

Thirdly i'd sign up/create some recognised tag teams rarther then just throw 2 singles guys together and tag teams would be given proper team names (not just Cade and Murdoch for example)

Fourthly i'd cut back on the soap opera style shows and give matches more time and have less backstage segments and promos. I'd not cut all the segments out just more even up the time spent on showing in ring action.

Fifthly i'd make the IC title mean something again by booking it stongly and putting it on some upper mid card lower main event guys and have iot defended on PPV high in the card in well built and meaningful angles.

Sixthly i'd fire most of the current writing staff and pay Heyman and Cornette whatever it took to get them back to take over as heads of creative and let then have free reign to write good TV

Thats all I can come up with for now but i'm sure there is more I would do if I was incharge

Personally i would bring back the days when the IC title actually meant something.Its a joke really now it used to be a jumping of point for bigger and better things now it truely is just a prop.
If you had posted this a few months ago, I would have agreed, but from the day Kofi Kingston won the title from Jericho, the champion and the title have featured on almost every RAW, with Kofi defending the belt against different wrestlers. The title was also defended on Summerslam in a match that actually had a storyline reason for happening rather than just to get the belt on the show.

I would change WWE's habit of changing a new wrestler's name when he goes on TV. i can understand the marketing reasoning behind it, but when the wrestler has an established name (Colt Cabana is a prime example), it should be left alone.

In a lot of cases, it works (Undertaker instead of "Mean" Mark Callous), but that's more when there's a gimmick change as well.

CM Punk got to keep his name, as did the ECW Originals (for different reasons), so why not guys like Cabana, etc?

Edited by DC

Guest the HiTman

The big thing for me is scripted promo's. It's impossible for us to buy a wrestler as themselves outside the ring if they are all reading the same persons writing.

Second is the IC title - this needs to be something that is resepected and worshiped as the final step before going for the main title.

Last, but not least - and this will probably cause the most disagreement, but, I would rejoin the brands and have one, and ONLY one, main title. This would mean trimming the roster dramatically, but it would also mean the wrestlers that aren't successful on their own can be teamed up in legit, long term, meaningful tag teams.

On tag teams - I'm a firm believer in the fact that Tag Teams make stars - moreso than a wrestler trying to make it on his own. If not a tag team, then a faction. It hides faults in the early years and lets their characters develop over time and lets the crowd make up their own mind as to whether they should be liked or disliked.

Guest joe boy
If you had posted this a few months ago, I would have agreed, but from the day Kofi Kingston won the title from Jericho, the champion and the title have featured on almost every RAW, with Kofi defending the belt against different wrestlers. The title was also defended on Summerslam in a match that actually had a storyline reason for happening rather than just to get the belt on the show.

In a way i do agree mabey it has featured more on raw but as for it being reastablished as a important and meaninful title we are still a long way off yet.

Guest Bryp13
I would like the tag belts to mean more. I mean you have Miz and Morrison drop the belts when they are majorily over, and give them to Hawkins and Ryder who before the match that they won the belts were jobbing to jesse and festus. Then on the RAW Side, right when Dibiase and Rhodes are getting over and main eventing Raw's you have them lose to Batista and Cena just to have that stale storyline of tag partners that hated each other when the fued did not need that. Then next week you have them win it back. It made no sense.

Guest DarkMatchJobber

1) Fire all creative team members who have no background in wrestling,understanding of the business or passion for it.

2) Remove Stephanie McMahon from any position which influences the company's creative direction.

3) Hire Scott 'Raven' Levy and Scott D'Amore and put them on a new creative team with Dusty Rhodes.

4) Renew the developmental relationship with OVW as a breeding ground for future WWE stars as the cost of running it is minimal but the amount of money to be made from it potentially is significant (look at Cena and Batista).

Guest The Franchise

Oh boy!!

What would I change about the WWE?

1. No more exclusives on any of the 3 shows.(Raw, ECW, & Smackdown) Anybody from any of the 3 shows can show up and shake the foundation of the show anytime they want.

2.Bring back all the titles.All the titles that once graced WWE soil when the Invasion happened many years ago bring them back. Use these titles to help develop new talent and help push those thats paid their dues but never truly gotten a real fair shake in the spotlight.

3.Turn the Great American Bash into a summer event instead of just one mere PPV once a year.

4.Push for new feuds.(Faces vs. faces & Heels vs. Heels)

5.Bring Back The Wargames for the Survivor Series every year.

6.Bring the element of The Bunkhouse Stampede to the Royal Rumble match.(Make it more exciting)

7.Bring back putting bounties on peoples heads.

8.Bring in more former pro wrestlers to help develop with the creative writing team to help make better storylines for wrestlers today.

9.Bring back the wrestling top ten.(A plateau to help set up feuds and to help bring order as to why certain people gets title shots at certain times)

10.Develop open invitation contracts.(Anyone from any wrestling promotion can come and wrestle for the WWE.If the WWE concensus likes them and the crowd takes to them offer them a long-term contract)

11.Bring in more tag teams & cruiserweights from all over the world to compete on all 3 shows.(Add some flair to each show.)

12.Every WWE PPV showcases all of the best from Raw, Smackdown, and ECW instead of each show having their own PPV.

Guest The Beltster

Bring back more titles, to develop people?! Since when did Rick Rude, Curt Hennig, Ted DiBiase, Harley Race, Ric Flair, Ricky Steamboat, Bret Hart, Shawn Michaels etc need a ton of titles to develop?!

Bringing in more worthless titles, which would water down even more the ones they have which dont mean a great deal and just putting them on any old jobber or rookie is a stupid idea completely.

You need time and more places to work if you want to develop, not carry a meaningless title to the ring, that would help you learn how to work.

If you want to bring anything back that will actually help guys develop, bring back some thriving territories, not some worthless titles.

And every PPV is tri-branded now and have been for a good while.

Guest The Franchise
Bring back more titles, to develop people?! Since when did Rick Rude, Curt Hennig, Ted DiBiase, Harley Race, Ric Flair, Ricky Steamboat, Bret Hart, Shawn Michaels etc need a ton of titles to develop?!

Bringing in more worthless titles, which would water down even more the ones they have which dont mean a great deal and just putting them on any old jobber or rookie is a stupid idea completely.

You need time and more places to work if you want to develop, not carry a meaningless title to the ring, that would help you learn how to work.

If you want to bring anything back that will actually help guys develop, bring back some thriving territories, not some worthless titles.

Let me get this straight: You are comparing the current crop of talent that the WWE has to that A-list of pro wrestling legends you listed? I dont think so.

First off back then you had a group of veterans that knew how to work with what they had. Less meant more back then. Now its all about flash, entertainment, and in your face. Which bringing in more titles IMO would indeed add to that formula. Plus how can you know for sure how good or bad someone will be if you dont put a title around their waist to see how they carry themselves?

Every wrestling great was a up and comer once before they being groomed and pushed for greatness. Well, adding more titles brings more exposure and more opportunities to others in the WWE. And you consider that a bad thing? :doh32:

A title is only meaningless by the way its defended. That goes for major and minor championships. Hell, the best two teams in the WWE are who? Dibiase and Rhodes? The Miz & John Morrison? LOL!!! Gimme a break here! There are no real teams in the WWE to make the WWE tag team titles exciting.

If there were more bonafided teams in the WWE it would only add to the prestige of those titles. Same can be said about the singles on all 3 shows. If there were more titles to go around there would be more excitement for the WWE and for the wrestling fans if its done right. :xyx

Guest The Beltster
Let me get this straight: You are comparing the current crop of talent that the WWE has to that A-list of pro wrestling legends you listed? I dont think so.
As usual, you jump to the wrong conclusions and get it all wrong. I didnt compare them, I'm saying those guys didnt need more worthless titles when they broke in as green rookies to help them develop into the stars they became, so if they didnt, why would anybody else? READ IT PROPERLY before you get it all mixed up man!

First off back then you had a group of veterans that knew how to work with what they had. Less meant more back then. Now its all about flash, entertainment, and in your face. Which bringing in more titles IMO would indeed add to that formula. Plus how can you know for sure how good or bad someone will be if you dont put a title around their waist to see how they carry themselves?
Dont be so wet! You had a group of veterans who knew how to work back then because of the territory system that taught them how, not a bunch of worthless title belts!

And how can you, for one millisecond, think that putting a title which doesnt mean jack sh*t on a guy, will let you know how "good he can be"?! Christ, thats seriously some of the most ass-backwards nonsense I've ever read.

Every wrestling great was a up and comer once before they being groomed and pushed for greatness. Well, adding more titles brings more exposure and more opportunities to others in the WWE. And you consider that a bad thing? :doh32:
But it doesnt. Nobody cares about Gregory Helms when he held the WWE Cruiserweight title for a year, because the title meant nothing and neither did he. The title didnt help whatsoever.

Putting titles on everybody just waters down all the others, if you dont see and understand that, then I dont think you really know the importance of having less championships.

A title is only meaningless by the way its defended. That goes for major and minor championships. Hell, the best two teams in the WWE are who? Dibiase and Rhodes? The Miz & John Morrison? LOL!!! Gimme a break here! There are no real teams in the WWE to make the WWE tag team titles exciting.
A title is meaningless if anybody can win it. What made the old WWF, IC and tag titles special is that only a select few guys held it, which made it seem like only the best of the best would be a champion, and thats how it should be. In legitimate sports, only the best of the best win titles, medals, championships and so on. Can you imagine what an Olympic medal would be worth if they made one for everybody in the race?! Here is your 17th place medal in the marathon, congratulations! All of a sudden, the gold medal isnt as important anymore, because everybody is getting one regardless of how good they are, how relevant they are or what position they are in. It would be retarded.

If there were more bonafided teams in the WWE it would only add to the prestige of those titles. Same can be said about the singles on all 3 shows. If there were more titles to go around there would be more excitement for the WWE and for the wrestling fans if its done right. :xyx
No, there wouldnt, I'm sorry but you are wrong! WWE had loads of titles a few years ago and it was ridiculous, they have too many now. Why do they need two sets of tag titles when there are only two teams?! Why do they have two womens titles when there are only about 8 women to fight over them? Why does ECW have a world title when they have about 11 people on the roster?! Its f'n stupid.

Less titles makes them more important, thats been discussed and agreed upon here many times and its correct. Adding more wont get anybody over any better or quicker, if they hold a worthless European title but cant work, they still cant work!

Honestly, anybody who thinks WWE need to add more titles really needs to get a clue.

Guest The Franchise

Uh-huh.

As usual, you jump to the wrong conclusions and get it all wrong. I didnt compare them, I'm saying those guys didnt need more worthless titles when they broke in as green rookies to help them develop into the stars they became, so if they didnt, why would anybody else? READ IT PROPERLY before you get it all mixed up man!

Dont be so wet! You had a group of veterans who knew how to work back then because of the territory system that taught them how, not a bunch of worthless title belts!

And how can you, for one millisecond, think that putting a title which doesnt mean jack sh*t on a guy, will let you know how "good he can be"?! Christ, thats seriously some of the most ass-backwards nonsense I've ever read.

But it doesnt. Nobody cares about Gregory Helms when he held the WWE Cruiserweight title for a year, because the title meant nothing and neither did he. The title didnt help whatsoever.

Putting titles on everybody just waters down all the others, if you dont see and understand that, then I dont think you really know the importance of having less championships.

A title is meaningless if anybody can win it. What made the old WWF, IC and tag titles special is that only a select few guys held it, which made it seem like only the best of the best would be a champion, and thats how it should be. In legitimate sports, only the best of the best win titles, medals, championships and so on. Can you imagine what an Olympic medal would be worth if they made one for everybody in the race?! Here is your 17th place medal in the marathon, congratulations! All of a sudden, the gold medal isnt as important anymore, because everybody is getting one regardless of how good they are, how relevant they are or what position they are in. It would be retarded.

No, there wouldnt, I'm sorry but you are wrong! WWE had loads of titles a few years ago and it was ridiculous, they have too many now. Why do they need two sets of tag titles when there are only two teams?! Why do they have two womens titles when there are only about 8 women to fight over them? Why does ECW have a world title when they have about 11 people on the roster?! Its f'n stupid.

Less titles makes them more important, thats been discussed and agreed upon here many times and its correct. Adding more wont get anybody over any better or quicker, if they hold a worthless European title but cant work, they still cant work!

Honestly, anybody who thinks WWE need to add more titles really needs to get a clue.

Let me ask you a question. When Hogan was the champion in the WWE do you think it was cool that during that time guys like Ricky Steamboat, Tito Santana,JYD,Jake Roberts,and Billy Jack Haynes never got a shot at being the WWE champion against him?

Guest The Beltster
Let me ask you a question. When Hogan was the champion in the WWE do you think it was cool that during that time guys like Ricky Steamboat, Tito Santana,JYD,Jake Roberts,and Billy Jack Haynes never got a shot at being the WWE champion against him?
ok first off all, you have just bypassed/ignored everything I said, which tells me you agree and have to answer for it, thats cool.

As for your question, I wasnt worried about Jake and Steamboat not getting shots against him because I was enjoying the awesome Hogan/Orndorff feud and Hogan feuding with the Heenan Family guys like Bundy, Studd, Andre, Rude and so on.

Plus, it gets no mention, but watch the old SNME, Hogan had title matches with tons upon tons of guys, Race, Funk, DiBiase, Haku, Genius, Muracco, Honky, Akeem, Bossman, Savage, Perfect, Quake, Piper, Orndorff, Bundy, Andre, Sika, Flair, Warrior etc.

On top of that, you had Savage and Honky defending their IC title against guys like Steamboat, Jake, Warrior, Rude etc.

Everybody had a place on the card, the pecking order was great, every-so-often they would throw a guy like DiBiase or Savage into the World title picture and it would be fresh, they worked their way up the card and it made sense.

Not everybody should have runs with the world title, only the select few best of the best like I mentioned.

Guest The Franchise

Just like I thought. This is way over your head Beltster.

ok first off all, you have just bypassed/ignored everything I said, which tells me you agree and have to answer for it, thats cool.

As for your question, I wasnt worried about Jake and Steamboat not getting shots against him because I was enjoying the awesome Hogan/Orndorff feud and Hogan feuding with the Heenan Family guys like Bundy, Studd, Andre, Rude and so on.

Plus, it gets no mention, but watch the old SNME, Hogan had title matches with tons upon tons of guys, Race, Funk, DiBiase, Haku, Genius, Muracco, Honky, Akeem, Bossman, Savage, Perfect, Quake, Piper, Orndorff, Bundy, Andre, Sika, Flair, Warrior etc.

On top of that, you had Savage and Honky defending their IC title against guys like Steamboat, Jake, Warrior, Rude etc.

Everybody had a place on the card, the pecking order was great, every-so-often they would throw a guy like DiBiase or Savage into the World title picture and it would be fresh, they worked their way up the card and it made sense.

Not everybody should have runs with the world title, only the select few best of the best like I mentioned.

No more questions for this witness.The line of questioning is too much for him to consume. The Jury rests.:roll

Guest The Beltster
Another Frenchfries 'point' dealt with. Its so easy to make you look like a prat, we just sit back and let you open your mouth and the foul smell of nonsensical bullsh*t fills the air.

• Join the Club!

Become a member to participate in the forums and our Fan Clubs.

• Latest Club Activity