Fan Clubs (beta)

Open Club  ·  55 members  ·  Free

Wrestling

WWE Unforgiven 2008 Discussion Thread- September 7, 2008 from Cleveland, OH

TPIB

What Did You Think of The 10'th Annual WWE Unforgiven?  

21 members have voted

1. 1. What Did You Think of The 10'th Annual WWE Unforgiven?

• Very Good
    • Good
    • Average
    • Poor
    • Very Poor

The 10'th Annual WWE Unforgiven will come to you, live, from the Quicken Loans Arena in Cleveland, OH (The Miz's Hometown) on September 7, 2008. "Rock Out" by Motorhead off of their 24'th album, "Motorized", is the official Unforgiven 2008 Theme Song.

http://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e317/wwecsh88/AUnforgiven2008Poster-1.jpg

Confirmed Matches/Events

WWE Championship Scramble*:

Triple H © Vs. Jeff Hardy Vs. MVP Vs. Shelton Benjamin Vs. The Brian Kendrick

World Heavyweight Championship Scramble*:

CM Punk © Vs. Batista Vs. JBL Vs. Kane Vs. Rey Mysterio

Unsanctioned Match:

Chris Jericho Vs. Shawn Michaels

ECW Championship Scramble*:

Mark Henry © Vs. Matt Hardy Vs. The Miz Vs. Finlay Vs. Chavo Guerrero

Divas Championship:

Michelle McCool © Vs. Maryse

World Tag Team Championship:

Cody Rhodes & Ted DiBiase © Vs. Cryme Tyme

*The match will start off one-on-one between any of the five competitors. Every five minutes, another competitor will enter the match. The match will have a 20-Minute Time Limit and whoever earns a pin or submission will be the temporary champion, whoever is the temporary champion when the 20 minutes expire will be the official champion.

Edited by TPIB

• Replies 241
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest bigmatt
The last time WWE had a match like this was at Wrestlemania 16 with the Hardcore Battle Royal.

I'm surprised they didn't have a match like this for Triple H so he could up his title count.

I don't think the title change within match counts officially in this one.Only the guy who is holding the fall at the end of the 20 minutes.

Guest joe boy
It's a good gimmicky match to have IMO. Probably could be longer, but it should be good

Yer could be abit longer but im looking forward to it anyway.

Personally i think CM Punk will come out as champion still, i think he will lose the title at survivor series to John Cena or Batista.

Edited by Kam

I don't think the title change within match counts officially in this one.Only the guy who is holding the fall at the end of the 20 minutes.
I'm sure Adamle said they would become the current champion between falls.

They would be the current champion, but just temporarily. There will only be one official World Heavyweight Champion at the end of the 20 Minutes. All title changes do not count unless the temporary champion holds out for the 20. Here is an exert from WWE.com's preview for the match:

The championship can change hands several times throughout the 20 minute time frame. Whoever the champion is when the clock stops will officially be recognized as the World Heavyweight Champion.

Guest bigmatt

No he made sure that he said only the "champion" at the end of the 20 minutes will be officialy recognised as such.

To be honest though they could have worded it better to avoid confusion.

Guest Black Knight

WWE recycling 'Championship Scramble' idea from WrestleMania 2000?

VKingOfTheWorldV sent this in regarding the Championship Scramble at WWE Unforgiven:

The did this same exact match but with the Hardcore Title years ago at Wrestlemania 2000. I know I remember seeing it so it can't really be a new concept maybe because it's for the World Title and not Hardcore title but the basics of the match has already been done in WWE before.

Hardcore Battle Royal

Participants: Tazz, Viscera, Pete Gas, Rodney, Joey Abs, Bradshaw, Faarooq, Hardcore Holly, Taka Mitchinoku, Funaki, Mosh, Thrasher, and Hardcore Holly

Tazz pinned Crash Holly (14:31); Viscera pinned Tazz (14:02); Funaki pinned Viscera (7:46); Rodney pinned Funaki (6:52); Joey Abs pinned Rodney (6:30); Thrasher pinned Joey Abs (6:18); Pete Gas pinned Thrasher (5:33); Tazz pinned Pete Gas (4:46); Crash pinned Tazz (0:387); Hardcore went for a pin at 0:03, he didn't pin Crash, but the referee gave the win to him, even though Crash left with the title.

It's basically what the World Title scramble will be, don't you think?

Guest BlackEyed

Smackdown will be having it's own title scramble

Jeff Hardy/Brian Kendrick/MVP/Shelton Benjamin/HHH

This sounds better than the RAW one IMO

Guest Jayfunk
Jeff Hardy/Brian Kendrick/MVP/Shelton Benjamin/HHH

Spanky and benjamin get a title shot what happened to the main event picture on smackdown? Heck even MVP and hardy makes this match a upper mid card at best

• Join the Club!

Become a member to participate in the forums and our Fan Clubs.

• Latest Club Activity