Fan Clubs (beta)

Open Club  ·  55 members  ·  Free

Wrestling

Favourite Summerslam match of all time?

Guest joe boy

Guest joe boy
I said match not event because i cant pin point an event as a whole but as far as matches go mine would either be Bret Hart v Bulldog 92 or HBK v Razor Ramon 95 although i really do enjoy watching SS 98 as a whole.

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest The Beltster

Hulk Hogan vs Shawn Michaels - SummerSlam 2005

I've got alot of personal favourites from the early years of SummerSlam too.

Edited by The Beltster

Can't say I think there's a best summerslam or even my own favourite match.

I've watched earlier Summerslams but it doesn't mean much when I didn't grow up watching them (well to me it doesn't) so I'm starting from 98.

Rock/HHH 98'

HHH/Angle/Rock 00'

HHH/HBK 02'

Rock/Lesnar 02'

Orton/Benoit 04'

Hogan/HBK 05'

Edge/Taker 08'

Any of those could be my favourite.

Guest Jimmy Redman
Wasnt Bret/Owen in the cage at Summerslam? I'm convinced it was, but now I'm starting to doubt myself. If it was, then its that.

Wasnt Bret/Owen in the cage at Summerslam? I'm convinced it was, but now I'm starting to doubt myself. If it was, then its that.
Yeah, that was Summerslam '94 (and is one of the best blue-bar cage matches IMO).

Guest The Beltster

I remember watching it thinking man, this is a weak main event. Good midcard match, but Owen Hart in the main event? Are you kidding me?

Terrible star power main events in those days, kinda like today with CM Punk vs JBL as a main event match.

I remember watching it thinking man, this is a weak main event. Good midcard match, but Owen Hart in the main event? Are you kidding me?

Terrible star power main events in those days, kinda like today with CM Punk vs JBL as a main event match.

Whats wrong with Owen in the Main Event? In my opinion he was much more talented than Bret.

Guest Jimmy Redman
To me it looks better than a lot of other 'midcarders' in a main event, simply because they were brothers, and the feud that I gather they had made perfect sense to me. And anyway, as I only saw the match I really dont mind.

Guest The Beltster
Whats wrong with Owen in the Main Event? In my opinion he was much more talented than Bret.
Talent really has little to do with whether you should be in the main event or not as we all know. Bret was a bigger name star and the perception of him as a star made it easier for people to accept him in the main event. Owen, for years, had been jobbing and just a low position guy, having him work the main event just emphasised the little number of actual name talent main event guys WWF had at the time.

The match was good, dont get me wrong, I'm not taking away from that whatsoever, I'm just saying the match didnt seem like a big time main event due to the people involved, moreso Owen, and felt more like a midcard kind of deal.

Guest Dave7g
It was the best fued possibly of 1994, it was built up fantastically and needed to be the main event, even though it wasn't. The PATHETIC Undertaker vs Undertaker fiasco had the honour of stinking the place to high heaven instead. Was that a main event? I think not.

• Join the Club!

Become a member to participate in the forums and our Fan Clubs.

• Latest Club Activity