Fan Clubs (beta)

Open Club  ·  55 members  ·  Free

Wrestling

RAW Discussion Thread- August 25, 2008 from Wilkes-Barre, PA (#796)

TPIB

What Did You Think of RAW #796?  

17 members have voted

1. 1. What Did You Think of RAW #796?

Credit: WWE.com

RAW comes to you live on Sci Fi Channel tonight – for one night only – and this edition of Monday night mayhem is one you cannot miss. In addition to a live appearance by Shawn Michaels, Santino Marella’s Intercontinental Title will be at risk and four World Heavyweight Championship Scramble competitors take up arms, just weeks before their Unforgiven clash for the gold.

Last week on RAW, Chris Jericho rendered a remorseless tirade despite his despicable actions at SummerSlam, where he struck HBK’s wife Rebecca in the face, fracturing her jaw. Tonight, Michaels will be on hand and one can only imagine what the past eight tumultuous days might drive the emotional Showstopper to say, or more importantly, do. Will tonight mark the next salvo in the tireless war between Jericho and Michaels or will HBK remit and “stay down” as his rival has vehemently encouraged?

World Heavyweight Champion CM Punk might share HBK’s hostile emotions when it comes to Jericho. Last Monday, the first-ever Undisputed Champion essentially robbed Punk of the perfect homecoming in Chicago by earning a tainted victory over the Straightedge Superstar. Can CM Punk rebound tonight against one of his World Heavyweight Championship Scramble opponents, John “Bradshaw” Layfield, when they meet one-on-one tonight?

Speaking of the Unforgiven Scramble, two other participants also collide this evening as Batista faces Kane, whose recently revitalized villainy has put The Animal’s good friend, Rey Mysterio, in serious physical peril. Can the Wachovia Arena contain the girth and hostility shared by these behemoths? Will this lead to any further revelation of Mysterio’s condition or whereabouts?

The hot lights of RAW will also illuminate the gold around the waist of Santino tonight, as the Italian Superstar defends the Intercontinental Title against former champion Kofi Kingston. Just one week ago, Santino secured the title without Kingston even involved in the decision in the Winners Take All Tag Match at SummerSlam. Can Kofi find redemption by reclaiming the gold from his uni-browed foe?

Perhaps the answer to the aforementioned question can only be determined by the presence of Women’s Champion Beth Phoenix. The other half of “Glamarella,” Phoenix has played an integral role in Santino’s matters in recent weeks. The Glamazon meets RAW beauty Kelly Kelly tonight in singles action, but will the Women’s Champion play her hand in Marella’s collision with the Jamaican craze?

For the answers to these questions and more, watch Monday Night RAW live at its regular time of 9/8 CT, tonight on Sci Fi Channel - for one night only. And if that’s not enough, catch the special replay at 11/10 CT on RAW’s usual home, USA.

Venue: Wachovia Arena in Wilkes-Barre, PA

Confirmed Matches/Events

Special One Night Only Sci-Fi Edtion of RAW

Non-Title:

CM Punk Vs. John "Bradshaw" Layfield

Batista Vs. Kane

Shawn Michaels To Appear

Intercontinental Championship:

Santino Marella © Vs. Kofi Kingston

Non-Title:

Beth Phoenix Vs. Kelly Kelly

Build To Unforgiven

Edited by TPIB

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Redneck Messiah
I haven't attended a RAW in close to three years but thinking of breaking down as it's only 90 minutes away from me. I've been to about six or seven RAWs but the last two sucked and I refused to go (and spend money) anymore. I doubt I'll break down and go but thinking about it. I'd love to see Jericho live again and would LOVE to see Santino for the first time live!

Four big matches have been announced for RAW- World Heavyweight Champion CM Punk Vs. JBL in a non-title match, Batista Vs. Kane, Santino Marella Vs. Kofi Kingston for the Intercontinental Title, & Women's Champion Beth Phoenix Vs. Kelly Kelly in a non-title match. Also, Shawn Michaels will appear live.

Any news on what J Cena's doing?

Hopefully quitting or getting fired, but that's just wishful thinking. He'll probably cut a horrible promo or squash a team in a Handicap Match again, probably the tag team champions.

Actually, I just read this (courtesy of FourDown.org, WrestleRadio.com, & F4WOnline.com):

John Cena is reportedly having serious problems with his neck, which has caused numbness in one of his arms.

Cena had an MRI done Saturday before the Raw brand house show at Madison Square Garden. He returned to the arena and said, "Long story short, my neck is (expletive) up badly."

Cena was originally slated to work singles matches at this weekend's house shows, but they were turned into tags with Batista as his partner. Batista worked the majority of their tag matches at all three shows.

Cena has yet to indicate if he's going to be taking some time off or not.

Edited by TPIB

Guest joe boy
Hopefully quitting or getting fired, but that's just wishful thinking. He'll probably cut a horrible promo or squash a team in a Handicap Match again, probably the tag team champions.

I can see you are extremely fond J Cena :lol

Guest MastersGonads
Hopefully quitting or getting fired, but that's just wishful thinking

We think the same about you as US Forum Leader.....:greets4:

Guest Redneck Messiah
Whew.....glad I decided not to go. Gotta say the matches for tonight don't sound very good. JBL vs Punk again? Kane vs Batista will most likely suck. Beth should pretty much squash Kelly Kelly. Kofi vs Santino would be the only one I'd look forward to for the pre match promo by Santino.

Guest joe boy
Whew.....glad I decided not to go. Gotta say the matches for tonight don't sound very good. JBL vs Punk again? Kane vs Batista will most likely suck. Beth should pretty much squash Kelly Kelly. Kofi vs Santino would be the only one I'd look forward to for the pre match promo by Santino.

The sad thing is Raw raerly has much to offer now a days

Guest MastersGonads
Touche.

I'm not a Forum Leader so STFU......

Yeah!!!! Cena (and his crippled neck) 1 TPIB 0!!!

Talking of Cena, whats the betting he screw's Big Dave tonight so Kane can slap his Rey loving ass?

Guest joe boy
Really? The show's having it's best run all year IMO.

Yes and no its better now than what it was earlier in the year i quite agree with you on that but bar CM punk using his money in the bank a few weeks ago everythings to predictable still.

Guest RobVanDammit

**Spoilers regarding unforgiven**

It seems that the special 1 off taping for raw was to promote the ECW title match at Unforgiven...Give ya 3 guesses what type of match it is

• Join the Club!

Become a member to participate in the forums and our Fan Clubs.

• Latest Club Activity