Fan Clubs (beta)

Open Club  ·  55 members  ·  Free

Wrestling

Gail Kim finished with TNA?

The Fury

Gail Kim gone?

In a peculiar deal, Gail Kim's profile has been quietly removed from the TNA website. When you go to her profile page, you get the standard "You are not authorized to view this resource" page, which is what happens to the profile pages after a wrestler parts ways with TNA.

Perhaps proving that the removal of her profile wasn't some sort of accident or error, all of her Knockouts photos have been removed as well. When you go to the Knockouts photo section, Gail's page is nowhere to be found.

TNA almost never announces company departures on the website, so there is no way of knowing what the deal is with missing talent unless you go to a wrestling news website such as NoDQ. In fact, the only "future endeavors" notes they have announced over the past year were done to further angles involving Christopher Daniels and Frankie Kazarian so they could be written off of television.

It was announced on September 6, 2006 that Gail Kim had a signed a contract with TNA. If by chance her contract were to expire, it would probably be around this time. Team 3D signed three-year deals during this time frame, so perhaps she had the same contract length as well. Talent rarely get four-year deals, five-year deals are usually long, and we never heard anything about Gail renewing her contract on a year-to-year basis, so her original contract was likely a three-year deal.

Gail is scheduled to wrestle Awesome Kong in a Street Fight on tomorrow night's Impact, which was taped last Wednesday. She is still named in the preview that is up on the site.

I guess we'll find out soon.

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Gail Kim gone?

I guess we'll find out soon.

source: PWInsider.com

It has been confirmed that Gail Kim is indeed through with TNA. No details yet regarding this sudden news, but they should be coming out soon.

Kim's profile and photos were quietly removed from the company website earlier today. Regarding the speculation on the removal of her stuff from the website, one TNA source said, "It means exactly what you think it means."

Kim had been with the company for nearly three years - since September 2005. Kim was originally brought in as a pesky heel valet for Jeff Jarrett and America's Most Wanted. When the Knockouts division was created, Kim was pegged as the star babyface. Kim became the first ever TNA Women's Knockout Champion and had a good feud with Awesome Kong. Kim lost the belt on an episode of Impact in January and the focus of the division shifted to some of the other girls. As of late she was a top face in the company, but no longer the top face, sharing the spotlight with Taylor Wilde and ODB.

Looks like she is gone. Will she return to WWE though?

Guest Jimmy Redman
Well assuming its all true, that is quite the blow to the Knockouts. Quite a shame as she's been one of the shining lights of Impact, if there is such a thing.

Guest Jayfunk
Well assuming its all true, that is quite the blow to the Knockouts. Quite a shame as she's been one of the shining lights of Impact, if there is such a thing.

There is, Impact isn't as bad as people make out it is IMHO i enjoy it. (also you have said on countless time you don't even watch it much anymore).

Kim would be a loss but i think they have brought Taylor in as a decent replacement, her matches with kong and melissa have been solid.

But then again it might be time for a change i would reorganise the knockouts. get melissa out of the role she is in and bring back the cheerleader gimmick then bring in MsChef and re create the best damn women's fued every IMHO Melissa vs MsChef that would be gold

Guest Jimmy Redman
There is, Impact isn't as bad as people make out it is IMHO i enjoy it. (also you have said on countless time you don't even watch it much anymore).

Kim would be a loss but i think they have brought Taylor in as a decent replacement, her matches with kong and melissa have been solid.

But then again it might be time for a change i would reorganise the knockouts. get melissa out of the role she is in and bring back the cheerleader gimmick then bring in MsChef and re create the best damn women's fued every IMHO Melissa vs MsChef that would be gold

I cant watch it. I can respect that you like it, but I dont. In any case, Gail Kim has been generally great for them the last 12 months, which is the point.

I do hope for their sake that Taylor does take off, Gail is a big loss for them and IMO Taylor hasnt done near enough to fill her shoes yet. The recent Kim/Kong interaction, to me, highlights how far ahead those two are/were of anything else they're doing.

Guest Jayfunk
I cant watch it. I can respect that you like it, but I dont. In any case, Gail Kim has been generally great for them the last 12 months, which is the point.

I do hope for their sake that Taylor does take off, Gail is a big loss for them and IMO Taylor hasnt done near enough to fill her shoes yet. The recent Kim/Kong interaction, to me, highlights how far ahead those two are/were of anything else they're doing.

i understand were you are coming from however Kim/Kong has pretty much over shadowed most womens wrestling in the last year IMHO it was an amazing fued very much like Sting vs Vader. however i would like to see Nikki Roxxi v Kong which i think would be a better match, check out shimmer vol 5 or 14 for the match and the re match it was a good example of how to work a small person vs big monster those matches were extremely good.

Edited by Jayfunk

Guest Nemesis Enforcer

I would love to see Kim back in WWE esspecialy as they are generally using the better wrestlers in matches now as opposed to people like Maria and Kelly Kelly winning matches left and right.

TNA's loss would be WWE gain in this instance I just hope they bring her back in!

I would love to see Kim back in WWE esspecialy as they are generally using the better wrestlers in matches now as opposed to people like Maria and Kelly Kelly winning matches left and right.
Would this be the same Kelly Kelly who was in a match this week?

Guest MastersGonads
Yes it would be, hence the word generally as while Maria and Kelly Kelly etc are still in matches they are far less frequent now and often it ends with their defeat to the better wrestlers

Kelly has been on pretty much every Raw since the Draft, while if your a cynic, would would say this is because she is being primed, to be the next Diva to appear in Playboy, but she is currently mentored backstage by Dave Finlay and Ricky Steamboat, so I would suggest the WWE have a future for Kelly as a serious in ring competitor

Guest bigmatt
Kelly Kelly has improved a lot recently.So what more can she do?If she is getting beter and better and working hard what more do you expect?

and she is indeed heading to wwe

Date Added: August 21, 2008

Story By: Cornelius Wilson

Gali's Kim release from TNA came as a shocker to those within the company. Kim was negotiating a new contract and she could not come to an agreement with TNA. A source noted that she "wanted guarantees TNA was not willing to give".

Gali Kim is reportedly headed back to WWE according to several WWE sources. WWE has already changed its trademark on Kim from inactive to an active status. She's expected to be heavily involved in the Diva mix.

Credit: ProWrestling.net

Guest Nemesis Enforcer
She's expected to be heavily involved in the Diva mix.
I'd love to see her over on Smackdown with the likes of Nattie and Victoria so this is good news for me at least

Does anybody actually buy Playboy and if so why?

For the articles...

Nah, pre internet I got the occasional special (example Torrie Wilson and Sable) that I wanted. Other than that nope.

Playboy is actually comprised of a lot of articles and not as much naked lady flesh as you would imagine.

I've only bought specials myself, but to me, it's no different to buying FHM, Loaded, Nuts, Zoo, etc.

Playboy is actually comprised of a lot of articles and not as much naked lady flesh as you would imagine.

I've only bought specials myself, but to me, it's no different to buying FHM, Loaded, Nuts, Zoo, etc.

Agreed. It does show delicate areas which those magazines don't usually, but you can see much "worse" on the internet in a 5 sec google image search (safe search off, ofc). It's mainly articles and advertising nowadays (and boy, is there advertising)

Guest Jimmy Redman

As others have alluded to, Kelly Kelly has wrestled most weeks since being on Raw, as has Maria since she found her way to Smackdown. Which isnt exactly the worst thing in the world, Kelly and Maria are both decent as hell.

I tell you though, I would mark the funk out if Gail Kim showed up in WWE soon.

As others have alluded to, Kelly Kelly has wrestled most weeks since being on Raw, as has Maria since she found her way to Smackdown. Which isnt exactly the worst thing in the world, Kelly and Maria are both decent as hell.

I tell you though, I would mark the funk out if Gail Kim showed up in WWE soon.

I wonder if Vince will have her cut a vignette about trashing the Knockouts it a similar manner to TNA trashing the Divas. ;)

It'll be interesting if some of the other Knockouts follow her out the door if Kim gets a good push upon her return. The WWE Divas have been wrestling an awful lot in the last six months (making a mockery of the "We're Not Divas" promos), so it'd be interesting to see what Vince could do with an Awesome Kong (most likely have her marry Umaga - which would be fantastic just to watch, lol).

One thing though, The Beautiful People would need a change of gimmick seeing as how they'd look pretty plain next to the majority of Divas (although I do have a soft-spot for Velvet Sky).

Guest Jimmy Redman
I dont think you'd need to change their gimmick too much. They think the world revolves around them because they're blonde and hot, you can do that even with the Divas; heels are always going on about how they're more attractive than the other Divas.

I dont think you'd need to change their gimmick too much. They think the world revolves around them because they're blonde and hot, you can do that even with the Divas; heels are always going on about how they're more attractive than the other Divas.
It works in TNA because they (i.e. Velvet Sky) generally are more attractive than the rest of the roster.

I guess it could work if they were brought in and continued the gimmick in a deluded fashion.

• Join the Club!

Become a member to participate in the forums and our Fan Clubs.

• Latest Club Activity