Fan Clubs (beta)

Are you happy being Single?

Guest Claire

Guest Claire

As the title says are you happy being single ? I thought i was ok with it untill last night. Cutting a long story short i went to a birthday party and almost everyone there was loved up or in a relationship.

Don't get me wrong because lots of my family were there i wasn't sat alone and being fancy dress it was hilarious seeing everyone's outfits we basically laughed all night long. However when it came to dancing i did feel quite lonely and actually if im being very honest quite sad ! Most people danced with their partners and it was only then that i really felt like a gooseberry sat on my own and wishing that i had somebody to cuddle up to and dance with.

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

are you offering? :)

I'm not noticing a lot of difference so far. Less sex, natch. Not much by the end, right enough... smaller phone bill, less cooking...

Guest Nemesis Enforcer
I am fine with being single, having only ever had a long distance relationship with someone I have spent practically all my life single, in that event when I had a girlfriend we only saw eachother face to face very occasionally, so I am very used to being without a partner

Guest DarkMatchJobber

I don't mind being single but it'd be nice to have a distraction/drinking partner/cinema goer-with/restaurant goer-with/intimate conversations with type of girl.

(plus kissing,hugs and the other stuff)

I'm single but I live with a teenager so I guess I'm not ever alone. Rats. It would be nice to have someone around just to take the pressure off once in awhile, but after 10 years of being a single parent I'm used to it.

What a bunch of sad sacks we sound like. Someone should start a dating thread. Only kidding.:lol

I like my own little space and my own company most of the time, it's just nice to have someone that "gets" you. I'm not sure I ever really have, or ever really will.

Failing that, a good old horizontal lambada doesn't hurt once in a while :)

I like my own comapany but like sharing my life with someone as well. I guess i am destined to be single for a long time as have not met anyone remotely my age down here. I do not club or pub so that kind of stops me meeting people i guess. I think i could get on well with a certain person but he lives sooo far away at the moment the chance of us even meeting due to neither of us having any money is remote let alone getting together.

I have been single for 4 years and where as most of that has been through choice as my ex hurt me a lot i do want to share my life and have kids with someone one day.

Guest Redneck Messiah
I've been single for over four years and pretty happy. I was in a relationship for close to four years and although I enjoyed many things about it I realized at the end I'm probably more happy being single. I've always been independent and don't mind being alone. It does suck sometimes (I did enjoy always having somebody around to do something with) but I choose to be single and satisfied this way. I just worry I'll change my tune when I'm older but for now I'm pretty content being single.

Guest Claire
I'm single but I live with a teenager so I guess I'm not ever alone. Rats. It would be nice to have someone around just to take the pressure off once in awhile, but after 10 years of being a single parent I'm used to it.

What a bunch of sad sacks we sound like. Someone should start a dating thread. Only kidding.:lol

OMG Fiona i thought i was the only single parent of 10 years here !! I feel so much better knowing that im not alone.

Also as lafdugga said, like-wise i don't go to pubs/bars or clubs very often either which no doubt prevents me from meeting anyone new and although i know alot of people round here i don't consider them my friends well apart from one or two maybe, so i don't have anyone to go out with even if i wanted to ... :?

OMG Fiona i thought i was the only single parent of 10 years here !! I feel so much better knowing that im not alone.

Also as lafdugga said, like-wise i don't go to pubs/bars or clubs very often either which no doubt prevents me from meeting anyone new and although i know alot of people round here i don't consider them my friends well apart from one or two maybe, so i don't have anyone to go out with even if i wanted to ... :?

There are more of us than you realize Claire. I'm quite happy with my life as it stands right now. The best thing to come out of being a single parent is that Joel and I have a bond that will be very hard for someone to break or come between. A lot of parents I know don't have any relationship with their kids and that's sad.

Guest natalieeee

i hateeeee it! well sometimes it doesn't bother me but most of the time it does :( men just don't seem to like me in that way, i'm usually just the 'nice' girl, apparantly i'm not girlfriend material :|

been single my whole life though so don't really know any different!

i hateeeee it! well sometimes it doesn't bother me but most of the time it does :( men just don't seem to like me in that way, i'm usually just the 'nice' girl, apparantly i'm not girlfriend material :|

been single my whole life though so don't really know any different!

I'm quite similar to you in that respect, I get on well with the guys in my life but they just see me as a friend and that goes for a lot of other guys too. I think it's mainly my own self-confidence issues though that mean I find it difficult to see myself as someone men would "fancy" if you like.

I would like to be with someone, but I'm under no pressure to find them. When it happens it happens.

I can dig that, Popsi. Anyone who's ever spoken to me will tell you I have a whole HOST of self confidence, self esteem, and self loathing issues. It's not a pleasant place to be in. I try and fight a lot of them but I really don't feel confident even talking on a phone to people I call friends.

Guest natalieeee
I'm quite similar to you in that respect, I get on well with the guys in my life but they just see me as a friend and that goes for a lot of other guys too. I think it's mainly my own self-confidence issues though that mean I find it difficult to see myself as someone men would "fancy" if you like.

I would like to be with someone, but I'm under no pressure to find them. When it happens it happens.

exactly! i'm so not confident! i've tried to just go out and try not to think about it and people always tell me not to look and it'll find you but i don't believe that!

i also can't stand it when people say 'oh you'll find someone' :info7:

i just want a man to cuddle :sad::sad5: