Open Club  ·  55 members  ·  Free

Wrestling

Cena Neck Injury

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Cathal
John Cena is having serious problems with his neck which is causing numbness in one of his arms.

After having an MRI done on Saturday before the show in Madison Square Garden, he returned to MSG and said, "Long story short, my neck is f*cked up badly."

That's the reason singles matches with Cena for this weekend were turned into tags, and why Batista worked most of the matches at all three shows.

Cena hasn't indicated if he's going to take time off at this point or not.

Credit: F4WO

Guest Jimmy Redman
Cena having a dodgy neck sucks. I hope if its that serious he fixes it properly, instead of going down an Angle route and having permanent problems. He's young enough to do so.

Perhaps it's a twisted karma for not being out as long as expected with his pec injury.

If he's out for a 9-12mth period, it'll give a chance for him to be missed and come back fresh... perhaps even as a heel if "the people forget about him" while he's out.

Guest Nemesis Enforcer

Update on Cena:

-- As of yesterday, Cena was telling those close to him that he wasn't going to miss any ring time, but apparently he's received some serious news regarding the neck injury as he's been pulled from the Unforgiven pay per view and all other events until further notice.

-- John Cena will be heading to San Antonio, Texas on Wednesday to have his neck looked at by Dr. Lloyd Youngblood, the surgeon who performed major neck surgeries on Steve Austin, Edge, Lita, and others. WWE.com reported that Cena will also be flying to Pittsburgh tomorrow to be examined by neurosurgeon Dr. Joseph Maroon.

WWE's website posted some comments tonight from Cena regarding his injury:

“It needs to be dealt with because I lost most of the feeling in my right arm and am having pain in my shoulder....I’m losing 20 percent of my strength per day. If I don’t do anything about it, the injury will end up rupturing and then the surgery will be more difficult. It’s not easy, because surgery never is."

“Every moment I stay away from the table is another moment something bad can happen. The disk is so bulged out and inflamed that any sudden move could make it worse.”

Credit: Wrestlezone.com

Looks like Cena is going to be out for quite a long time if the injury is as serious as he thinks it is

Guest The Beltster

Obviously its not a nice thing and nobody, even Cena haters, want to see him go down with a serious injury, however for the TV product I think its a welcome change than having him eat up TV time with his crappy promos every week and horrible matches.

On a Cena related note, does anybody else find his Dad really REALLY unlikable? He is so unlikeable to me its crazy, I dont know what it is about him but I hate Cena's Dad with a passion. And whats up with those two guys, did the Cena boys get beaten with the ugly stick or something? John Sr and Jr are unbelievably ugly!

Guest Al Stevens
Oh Cena haters will welcome the news with great cheer cause they are looking at not having him around for a year (give or take), however it is never nice to see anyone get a major injury. However it will be interesting to see who gets pushed to replace him and who knows when he gets back he can come back fresh as hell who knows might improve some area's.

Guest The Beltster
Either way, thank God the Cena/Batista feud is over, at least for now. It sucked and they have no chemistry whatsoever.

Santino vs. Big Dave~! I'm calling it right now. :lol

Anywhoo, isn't HHH owed a Wrestle Mania win for a long time now? Maybe the best way to do this would be by making him turn heel right at Mania.

Guest Nemesis Enforcer
There is reportedly a lot of fear within the WWE when it comes to John Cena's neck injury. The belief is that the prognosis is going to be a neck fusion that would keep him out until at least the fall of 2009. This would mean he would miss WrestleMania and even SummerSlam, at least from a wrestling standpoint.

As we reported yesterday, Cena is in Pittsburgh today visiting a neurosurgeon and flying to San Antonio, Texas tomorrow to visit with Dr. Lloyd Youngblood, who has done numerous neck fusions for WWE performers in the past.

We'll keep you posted as soon as we get the results from his visits.

Credit: PWInsider.com

So some major bad news for Cena then, don't know if a mod wants to make all this Cena news into its own thread or if its still just random new worthy material?

Guest Jayfunk
maybe it is the best thing for him look at austin is next injury helped, by allowing him to his antihero character rather than his average in ring work, maybe Cena could do something like that.

Guest Dave7g
He's not dead, he'll be ok, so I'm taking this as excellent news. I can't stand the cheeseball, and I won't miss his shoulderblock marathons some call matches.

The thing is Edge was good wrestler although Cena has improved hes not in same lge as Edge.

Yeah i know, what i was meaning was that Edges neck injury did not slow him down or make him a worse wrestler upon his return. His work arguably improved as he tweaked his style compensate his neck.

Im not saying i think Cena will come back an awesome wrestler or technition, what i mean is that he could come back and work to an equal or even slightly higher standard than he is doing so already.

Guest joe boy
Yeah i know, what i was meaning was that Edges neck injury did not slow him down or make him a worse wrestler upon his return. His work arguably improved as he tweaked his style compensate his neck.

Im not saying i think Cena will come back an awesome wrestler or technition, what i mean is that he could come back and work to an equal or even slightly higher standard than he is doing so already.

Although i dont feel the same ,because i think edge is naturally gifted and Cena is not, you do make a good point. :)

• Join the Club!

Become a member to participate in the forums and our Fan Clubs.

• Latest Club Activity