Fan Clubs (beta)

Open Club  ·  55 members  ·  Free

Wrestling

RAW Discussion Thread- September 8, 2008 from Fort Wayne, IN (#798)

TPIB

What Did You Think of RAW #798?  

19 members have voted

1. 1. What Did You Think of RAW #798?

• Very Good
    • Good
    • Average
    • Poor
    • Very Poor

Credit: WWE.com

At Unforgiven, Chris Jericho experienced both one of the lowest and one of the highest points of his impressive career. Despite receiving a righteous beating at the hands of Shawn Michaels earlier in the night, the first-ever Undisputed Champion went on to win the first-ever World Heavyweight Championship Scramble. Having beat out four other Superstars to win the gold, who will World Heavyweight Champion Chris Jericho defend the title against first? And now that he has proven himself as RAW’s “top dog,” can the rivalry between Jericho and HBK be put to bed? Now that he’s defeated his rival and new World Heavyweight Champion, what does this mean for Shawn Michaels’ future and career?

Jericho was not originally scheduled to be part of the Scramble, and only received his slot after then-World Heavyweight Champion CM Punk was rendered unable to defend it. The Straightedge Superstar was attacked in the locker room area by Randy Orton along with World Tag Team Champions Cody Rhodes & Ted DiBiase and Manu, the son of WWE Hall of Famer Afa. With the championship gold around the waist of Jericho, and a team of impressive second and third-generation Superstars to blame, who will feel Punk’s wrath first? Also, what is the nature of the alliance between Orton, Rhodes, DiBiase & Manu? Have they forged a new coalition of ruthless Superstars?

World Tag Team Champions Rhodes & DiBiase’s performance wasn’t solely limited to the beating they administered to the former World Heavyweight Champion, however. The two also successfully defended their titles against Cryme Tyme, proving that there’s more to these competitors than impressive last names. With the more experienced Randy Orton seemingly in their corner, who will fall at the World Tag Team Champions’ feet next?

Beth Phoenix's second reign as Women's Champion has been littered with decimated opponents. But on RAW, she'll be forced to defend her title against the Diva she won it from, Mickie James. Will Mickie be able to reclaim the Women's Title, or will The Glamazon stand tall against the challenge?

For the answers to these questions and more, make sure to tune in to Monday Night RAW at 9/8 CT on USA.

Venue: Allen County War Memorial Coliseum in Fort Wayne, IN

Confirmed Matches/Events

New World Heavyweight Champion Chris Jericho To Appear

Women's Championship:

Beth Phoenix © Vs. Mickie James

Unforgiven Fallout

Edited by TPIB

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Many of the ECW guys are in the building and one report has Evan Bourne supposed to be featured early on the show tonight. C.M. Punk will not be there selling the attack from last night.

F4W.

Guest Redneck Messiah
Here we go! I have a feeling it will be a good RAW tonight and hope I'm right. Yes, starting it off right with Jericho! Beth vs Mickie should be good. I'm kind of hoping they add one more member to the second generation stable but maybe tonight's too soon. Jericho looks so smug I love it :)

Guest Al Stevens
Here we go! I have a feeling it will be a good RAW tonight and hope I'm right. Yes, starting it off right with Jericho! Beth vs Mickie should be good. I'm kind of hoping they add one more member to the second generation stable but maybe tonight's too soon. Jericho looks so smug I love it :)

Here is our lord and Saviour :worship.

Also you mean the 3rd generation stable Redneck Messiah

Guest Redneck Messiah
Here is our lord and Saviour :worship.

Also you mean the 3rd generation stable Redneck Messiah

Oops forgot to add the 3rd generation for Orton and Dibiase! I'm excited to see what is in store for this stable :)

The crowd is loud tonight which is a nice change from last night. Jericho's giving a great promo and playing to the crowd nicely. Punk vs Jerico in a steel cage will be good but there's really no reason for a cage match between the two.

Guest Al Stevens
Oops forgot to add the 3rd generation for Orton and Dibiase! I'm excited to see what is in store for this stable.

The crowd is loud tonight which is a nice change from last night. Jericho's giving a great promo and playing to the crowd nicely. Punk vs Jerico in a steel cage will be good but there's really no reason for a cage match between the two.

Well Rhodes is a 3rd generation isn't he. The only one I can think who isn't is the new lacky for Priceless.

Also in story line it would be to stop Cade, Orton and co from interfering with the match so in a way it does make sense.

This should be a good start to Raw with Beth and Mickie

Guest dpddave

For some reason I thought he was gonna say next weeks match would be a steel cage match before he'd even said it..... wierd.

Hopefully Orton shows up tonight aswel.

Guest Al Stevens
Hopefully Orton shows up tonight aswel.

Ditto I really hope he appears because well orton is just great

Oh great who invited Candice to Raw :lol

Guest Redneck Messiah
Well Rhodes is a 3rd generation isn't he. The only one I can think who isn't is the new lacky for Priceless.

Also in story line it would be to stop Cade, Orton and co from interfering with the match so in a way it does make sense.

This should be a good start to Raw with Beth and Mickie

I thought Rhodes was a second generation guy but might be wrong. Who else do they have that they could bring in if they would want one more member? Would Joe Henning be ready? DH Smith seems like he'd be a good choice. Not sure why I think five would make it better.

Yes it's The Redneck Messiah Jamie Noble!

Guest Al Stevens
I thought Rhodes was a second generation guy but might be wrong. Who else do they have that they could bring in if they would want one more member? Would Joe Henning be ready? DH Smith seems like he'd be a good choice. Not sure why I think five would make it better.

Yes it's The Redneck Messiah Jamie Noble!

I always thought it was Dusty (1st) Dustin (2nd) and then Cody. Also at the moment I am not too sure who else would be brought up.

OMG CHL CHL CHL :lol

Edited by Al Stevens

I always thought it was Dusty (1st) Dustin (2nd) and then Cody. Also at the moment I am not too sure who else would be brought up.

OMG CHL CHL CHL :lol

Nah, Dustin would have to be Cody's dad for him to be third generation.

• Join the Club!

Become a member to participate in the forums and our Fan Clubs.

• Latest Club Activity