Fan Clubs (beta)

Open Club  ·  55 members  ·  Free

Wrestling

SmackDown Discussion Thread - 12th September 2008

Guest FreeSpirit

What Did You Think of SmackDown #474?  

10 members have voted

1. 1. What Did You Think of SmackDown #474?

• Very Good
    • Good
    • Average
    • Poor
    • Very Poor

Guest FreeSpirit

Preview:

Venue:

The Bradley Center - Milwaukee, Wisconsin

TV Schedule:

UK: Sky Sports 3 at 10pm

USA: The CW at 8/7c

Scrambling For Gold; Running From Death

12th September 2008

This Sunday at Unforgiven, WWE Champion Triple H faces heavy odds in an unprecedented five-man WWE Championship Scramble Match. United States Champion Shelton Benjamin, Jeff Hardy, Montel Vontavious Porter and The Brian Kendrick will all be vying for The King of Kings' coveted gold. Can The Game reign supreme, or will one of his challengers return to SmackDown as the new WWE Champion?

Undertaker warned SmackDown General Manager Vickie Guerrero that he will burn her alive at Unforgiven. If The Deadman follows through with his grave threat, will the land of SmackDown be thrown into chaos without a GM?

Besides the three Championship Scramble Matches, Divas Champion Michelle McCool will defend her title against Maryse at Unforgiven. Can the All-American Girl prove she is the top Diva in the land of SmackDown? Or, will Maryse upset the champ and return to Friday night with gold around her waist?

Don't miss all the action at Unforgiven LIVE tonight at 1am. Then witness all of the fallout on Friday Night SmackDown at 10pm only on Sky Sports 3![/Quote]

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest FreeSpirit

Spoilers:

Credit:

wrestlezone.com

* Triple H comes out to open the show. He says that everyone should buy the Unforgiven DVD because he is getting residuals. Jeff Hardy comes out to interrupt. They both agree they respect each other. Triple H gives Jeff a hard time. They continue to go back and forth for a while.

* Maria, Michelle McCool, Brie Bella b. Victoria, Natalya, Maryse

- Standard diva match. The live crowd wasn't into it at all.

* A fatal four way match is announced for later tonight and the winner will face Triple H for the WWE Championship at No Mercy. Jeff Hardy, MVP, Brian Kendrick, and Shelton Benjamin are the participants.

* R-Truth b. Chavo Guerrero

- Truth gets the win after interference from Bam Neely. Bam attacks Chavo. Truth takes them both out.

After the match R-Truth gets a huge pop. The live crowd loves his new theme music.

* Festus vs. Kenny Dykstra

- Jesse helps Festus wrap Kenny in bubble wrap. They put him on a moving dolly and duct tape his mouth. They then wheel him out.

* A video of The Undertaker and Big Show from Unforgiven is shown.

* Vickie comes out to a tremendous amount of heat. She brings out Big Show and says that he took out The Undertaker at Unforgiven because Undertaker does not follow the rules. Vickie explains that it is a power alliance with her and Show and the alliance will lead to Big Show being the WWE Champion.

* Vladamir Kozlov b. Scotty Goldman & Funaki in a squash match. Vladamir says that he wants a challenge and if no one will give it to him, he'll find on himself.

* Triple H is shown stirring up trouble with the Fatal Four Way participants for later tonight. For those that missed it earlier in the spoilers, there will be a Fatal Four Way match later tonight with the winner facing Triple H at No Mercy for the WWE Championship. The participants are Jeff Hardy, MVP, Brian Kendrick, and Shelton Benjamin.

* Carlito & Primo Colon b. WWE Tag Team Champions Zack Ryder & Curt Hawkins in a non-title match. Carlito worked the majority of the match.

* Jeff Hardy, MVP, Brian Kendrick, and Shelton Benjamin in a fatal Four Way is up next. The winner will face Triple H for the WWE Championship at No Mercy.

* Jeff Hardy b. MVP, Brian Kendrick, and Shelton Benjamin

- Kendrick stays on the outside most of the match and draws lots of heat. Hardy continues to get thrown out of the ring repeatedly. MVP vs. Shelton most of the match. Jeff Hardy regains strength and hits a Swanton Bomb on Kendrick and Shelton. He gets the win via pinfall.

After the match Vladimir Kozlov comes out. He attacks Hardy and walks out. SmackDown goes off the air.

Dark Matches:

* D'Lo Brown b. Nic "The Natural" Nemeth

- Brown got the win via pinfall after hitting his "low down" finisher.

Guest thelonleyangel
I am guessing HHH vs Hardy at the next PPV then. Hardy fans might get their wish about a World title regien. I hope not

whats rong with hardy i like hhh but hardy is kl plus it may lead to a bring back of the hardy boys tag team

Guest MastersGonads
whats rong with hardy i like hhh but hardy is kl plus it may lead to a bring back of the hardy boys tag team

For anyone over the age of 13

What is wrong with Jeff Hardy? I like Triple H, but Jeff Hardy is cool. It may also lead to the WWE bringing back the Hardy Boys as a tag team!

For anyone over the age of 13

What is wrong with Jeff Hardy? I like Triple H, but Jeff Hardy is cool. It may also lead to the WWE bringing back the Hardy Boys as a tag team!

Thanks for that. Can I hire you to translate some of my brothers text messages? Whats wrong with vowels now'a'days.

............God 30'hood has hit early!

Why does Jeff being cool make him any good ?

And thank you MG.

I have never considered him a serious main eventer. he can't talk and isn't that good in the ring IMHO.

Guest DarkMatchJobber
I have never considered him a serious main eventer. he can't talk and isn't that good in the ring IMHO.

Since when has in-ring ability ever counted for anything in terms of drawing in WWE or TNA?

Jeff's not a bad worker but he isn't a memorable one either.

I see that WWE draft is in full effect again, Primo on Smackdown already. Was there any explaination for this or shall we assume that anyone can go to any show now, and it doesn't matter.

I hope Jeff wins, he is a perfect title holder for smackdown. HHH is too boring. And honestly, there is no one close to being the WWE champion other than Hardy on smackdown, and no MVP isn't that good.

Since when has in-ring ability ever counted for anything in terms of drawing in WWE or TNA?

Jeff's not a bad worker but he isn't a memorable one either.

you have a point, nice if it did thou :xyx

Guest Jimmy Redman

So...I'm tearing myself away from the beautiful sun to watch Smackdown. Seriously, I even feel a bit sunburnt. Its spring baby! Anywho, its the Backlash from Unforgiven, where Michelle showed Maryse No Mercy and...something about HHH and winning. Which could apply for any PPV of the calendar, really. So, I expect HHH gloating, Kendrick gloating, Shelton wrestling, Maryse burning, although only one of those is guaranteed.

We recap the SCRAMBLE! Where Jeff missed out by a second by being daft. We then announce a Fatal Four Way with the Scramble guys to decide the No. 1 Contender for No Mercy. I assume Jeff will win, but is it bad that I hope Shelton wins? Jeff v HHH should really be saved for a more special time with better build, and Shelton has more than deserved a PPV challenge. We also ask "WHY?" of the Big Show. The meanie.

Ask and you shall receive. Its time to play the Game. He spruiks the Unforgiven DVD and recaps the PPV in his hilarious way. He gloats. He says if he's on PPV to put money on it because its a sure bet, and that is the exact formula I follow for most vBookie threads. He gloats some more, before being interrupted (~!) by Jeff. Jeff walks to the ring, gets on his knees and gives HHH a blow job. I wish I was kidding. I'm not. It was almost embarrasing. HHH reciprocates in a very insincere and sarcastic fashion, and ends up blasting Jeff for all of the "almosts", the "story of your life". Jeff counters with never having had the Kliq (oooh!), or DX (OOOH!) or "the family" (oh no he DIDNT~!) to help him along. Can we have one HHH promo without a smart insider comment, ever? HHH counters with Matt keeping Jeff on the straight and narrow, as a team, hence why now he's so distracted on his own. HHH ends by saying "I hope you win tonight, and prove me wrong, because at the PPV, you'll prove me right." I...I'm really not sure what to make of that, except that its a shame about Shelton not winning tonight. It was interesting. And Jeff keeps improving his mic skillz as he goes along.

Maryse! Nattie! VICTORIA! Holy crappity, this is just about the best team in history. They face Stone Cold, Maria and Brie Cheese. Maria looks like she's wearing pyjamas, if only Maryse had stumbled across her backstage this week! Michelle is all "Dont worry ladies, I got this" to the others to start, ace. Her and Nattie do some nifty stuff, as always. Brie clearly looks much more greener than the other two, her offense is really awkward. She goes under, Camembert comes out, roll up of infinite DOOM on the one and only VICTORIA, and boom, we're over. As I've said before, Camembert can keep rolling up VICTORIA every single week. So yeah, that was fun enough.

R-Truth again raps his entrance theme from the crowd. They eventually cotton on towards the end too. Its a bit fast for crowd participation though. Anywho, Chavo. They trade spinning heel kicks, they do fun stuff, they generally have a good, short match. They're on the top turnbuckle and Bam pushes Truth off, DQ. Chavo is pissed, pissed I tells ya. He yells at Bam, pushing him, and says he wont get paid today. He pushes Bam again so Bam throws the f*cker down. Yes! Bam is intense man, intense! Truth comes back and downs both of them. That was..surprisingly fun actually. And quite literally the best thing Bam has ever done.

Backstage, Shelton is backstage talking to Eve. HHH comes up and tells Shelton he shouldnt have to prove himself again, and plants the seed of beating Jeff Hardy. Hmm, the plot thicketh.

Biscuits and Gravy come to..the..ring...dressed as...moving men, for no good reason. As in, removal guys. With a trolley and tape and bubble wrap and a box. Oh, you know. Anywho, Kenny comes out, cuts a damn good promo on the way, and attacks Festus (before the bell, natch). Jesse saves Festus by ringing the bell himself, which they sell very well. Gravy pins Kenny in double-quick time, and he and Biscuits start to wrap Kenny with duct tape, before taping him to the trolley. We're all confused as we go to break.

Back from the break, they're wheeling Kenny away. At the bottom of the ramp, Kenny is yelling sh*t so Biscuits tapes up his mouth. They take him away. We're still confused. Shame about Kenny, he's a very decent promo.

JR says the lolz is over now as Show and Vickie are next. We recap Unforgiven. Vickie is awesome.

Vickie comes to the ring in a lovely pantsuit, crowd explodes, she says "Excuse me", its all awesome. She is just great here. She welcomes the Big Show. He cuts a long promo about stuff. Not as convincing as I'd like, and it didnt explain the whole thing very well. The short of it is, they now have a business relationship, and Vickie still wants an apology, damn it. And Vickie is awesome.

Funaki and SCOTTY GOLDMAN are already in the ring. Tagging with Funaki?! F*cking sh*t! Kozlov comes out. Guess what happens. Funaki comes off the top, Funaki dies. Another "I demand better challenge" promo, another idea which, incidentally, is just like Kozlov's squashing run; been drawn out way, way too long. He says if he doesnt get any (challenge), he'll get it himself. There really is no hope for the guy. Colt being jobbed out already is f*cking bullsh*t.

Backstage, Zeke is backstage reading WWE Magazine, available now. HHH appears out of nowhere. He speaks to THE Kendrick, wishes him luck, and Kendrick talks about having to even compete tonight, after he was the longest reigning interim champion in Scramble history~! Its preposterous! HHH agrees. HHH calls him the "biggest loser" and walks out. Its the Triple H Show today folks, if you were wondering.

The Majors come to the ring. I spit in the face, of people who dont want to be cool! Serious? He's alive?! Wow, turns out he is. Carlito and Primo tag together. They cut a box promo on the way, good stuff. Carlito is wearing baggy plastic pants, not trunks. The crowd did not react for him at all. This was a decent tag match, much better when the Majors werent in control. They're seriously just...really boring. Although they did a nice backslide-into-boot double-team move, that was good. Seeing Carlito felt oddly..nostalgic. Its been ages since he's been on TV. The Colons have chemistry. Primo does really well, his best showing yet by far. He really needs to stop doing that cartwheel though. They're even bad when females do them. Backstabber for the win, which actually did pop the crowd. Fun stuff, and for mine, having them as a team seems like the absolute best thing for all involved. It should have happened from the start.

Backstage, MVP is backstage, and lo and behold, HHH! He mocks MVP's lack of...anything in the PPV match. That was about it. Its such a shame about MVP.

MVP is out, its time for your main event. Its only 5.00 too, this should go 15-20 then, good stuff. Shelton cuts another titon-tron promo before coming out. Holy freakin' crapsticks, this is fun. THE Kendrick starts by going outside and staying there, I love it. Chickensh*tting rules. Shelton and MVP team up on Jeff, they plant him, both drop for a cover, and just stare at each other. That was cool as hell. Kendrick tries to scoot in for sneaky attacks. Sliced Bread on Shelton attempt into MVP catching Kendrick, he uses Kendrick's foot to kick Shelton and then tosses Kendrick. F*CK that ruled! Lots of that kind of clustering, I couldnt even describe it, but this is fun. Ad break. Breathe. Much slower after the break, Kendrick and Jeff were both outside for most of this period, voluntarily and not respectively, hence it was a lot of MVP and Shelton trading rest holds to the tune of "Kendrick sucks". Nice low drop kick by Kendrick. It picks up in the last few minutes. MVP gets a huge face pop for throwing Kendrick out of the ring. The man is over baby! Finish was cool, Kendrick hits Sliced Bread on Shelton and utilises a lateral press, Jeff goes up top and Swantons them both (looked ouchy) for the win. They really are doing their job with Kendrick. Good match anywho, watch this. Its only 20 past the hour, we're not d-Kozlov? KOZLOV?! He comes down and beats down Jeff with a headbutt, a push kick and a Deathdrop. He walks back up the ramp, and...the show ends. Thats IT?! I was expecting HHH to come out and kill Kozlov or gloat at Jeff, or both. What. The. F*ck?! That was it, really. Wow. I dont even know what to say. It was logical, I guess, maybe, and at least they're starting to try with Kozlov. But, I, now? I dont get it. That and, he's really, really terrible, and they just shouldnt bother, especially at the expense of Jeff freakin' Hardy. Man, that was a really weird, deflating end to a show.

Despite that, it was quite a good show. Lots of things happened, obviously the HHH/Jeff beef, the Fatal Four Way build (which was good stuff), the Chavo/Bam dissention (if it continues..), Biscuits and Gravy kidnapping Kenny, Brie Cheese, Vickie and Show, Kozlov (?!), the Colons. A lot of short but good matches, and the main event was pretty damn cool, even with a whole dose of WTF to finish.

Kozlov?!

Edited by Jimmy Redman

Guest Al Stevens

I really enjoyed smackdown this week and I am glad that (not knocking Jimmy's frankly awesome review of the show) I didn't read the spoilers, because it was fun. Random thought though, I wonder how pissed Carter and Co are for having Killings using his TNA theme on WWE programming.

Also the lack of winning for Colt is disturbing me. Please move him to smackdown and give the fella a run.

Also the lack of winning for Colt is disturbing me. Please move him to smackdown and give the fella a run.
Um, Al... he is on Smackdown. :lol

I'm watching the show at the moment (Bam has just shoved Chavo) and I must say (as I forgot last week) that I adore Maryse's ring coat.

Guest Al Stevens
Um, Al... he is on Smackdown. :lol

I'm watching the show at the moment (Bam has just shoved Chavo) and I must say (as I forgot last week) that I adore Maryse's ring coat.

Jimmy is right I mean ECW, I was more dopier than normal last night

Guest Jimmy Redman

Kozlov I just cant, cant get into. At all. He's been useless and completely underwhelming for MONTHS, since he debuted. He had maybe 2 or 3 decent squashes in that time. If you cant even squash good, you suck. His headbutt was good for a couple of times, but I hate the way he does it with his arms now. And he just has nothing else going for him, at all, and has hardly improved, even. Just awful on so many levels.

I'll readily eat my words if he gets this short-term main event stuff and he does amazing stuff, but seriously, I dont know why they're bothering, especially now. He just sucks.

Kozlov I just cant, cant get into. At all. He's been useless and completely underwhelming for MONTHS, since he debuted. He had maybe 2 or 3 decent squashes in that time. If you cant even squash good, you suck. His headbutt was good for a couple of times, but I hate the way he does it with his arms now. And he just has nothing else going for him, at all, and has hardly improved, even. Just awful on so many levels.

I'll readily eat my words if he gets this short-term main event stuff and he does amazing stuff, but seriously, I dont know why they're bothering, especially now. He just sucks.

To me, Koslov always looks constipated.......:lol

He is also quite boring, when I'm not unintentionally laughing at him.:lol

Edited by ShaolinHandLock

• Join the Club!

Become a member to participate in the forums and our Fan Clubs.

• Latest Club Activity