• Neither.
    • Both are equal.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Better at what?

Hogan pips him at the whole crowd participation thing, but Rock was so far better at making a match exciting and dramatic. Rock is (IMO) a better promo guy and a far better actor. Hogan is more easily recognisable and mainstream and made far more money for Vince.

Hard call, if you asked for favorites I would say Rock...

Personally The Rock is better in my opinion, he was a better in the ring than Hogan he had more skills, plus I thought it was slightly better at promo work than Hogan, that being said, that is just my opinion.

Hogan always seemed limited in the ring, but I believe that is because he didn't need to be great in the ring, he was in his prime in the WWF when his charisma could carry him alone, I always believe Hogan could have worked better in the ring had he wanted to. Hogan had heaps of charisma, and he will no doubt be regarded as the biggest attraction in wrestling history.

Guest DarkMatchJobber

Hulk Hogan helped make wrestling a global phenomenon and whether it was in the WWF or WCW he was still 'The Man'.

Without Hulk Hogan there would be no wrestlemania and wrestling would probably not even be on television today and add the fact that he is the most internationally recognisable wrestler in history and is popular across every age demographic regardless of whether they watched him in his prime and you have all the proof you need as to why Hogan is not just better than The Rock....he's the best of all-time.

Hulk Hogan helped make wrestling a global phenomenon and whether it was in the WWF or WCW he was still 'The Man'.

Without Hulk Hogan there would be no wrestlemania and wrestling would probably not even be on television today and add the fact that he is the most internationally recognisable wrestler in history and is popular across every age demographic regardless of whether they watched him in his prime and you have all the proof you need as to why Hogan is not just better than The Rock....he's the best of all-time.

So, just to be sure, your saying Hoga is better because hes more recognisable?

Popularity = ability now?

I don't think you can really say that, when Hogan became a big star wrestling wasn't exactly struggling it was coasting along at a steady level as it had done before Hogan. Hogan AND Vince didn't save wrestling from obsucirty, but thier partnership helped wrestling enter popular culture and the mainstream media which it hadn't done before. I'm pretty confident that had the Hulk Hogan persona not come into exsistance, wrestling, and even the WWE would still be around today ( at some level), and Vince McMahon Jr. had the drive to make the WWE a success, I do think he would have found another person to build his company around, whether that person would have been as successful as Hogan is a different argument altogether.

Edited by Dan

Opinion is what this thread is based I think so therefore I'm going to The Rock.

If it's some sort of factual argument then it might be different but I didn't grow up watching Hogan, I grew up watching the Rock; therefore he's my favourite.

Personally I think Austin is probably better than both of them but that's another story.

I have to pick the Rock. I like Hogan but I just like the Rock better. I find him hilarious and he has taken his attributes and put them to good use in films. It was a hard choice.

Guest The Beltster

Impossible to choose one unless you are asking specifics. Who is a better worker, who is a better wrestler, who is a bigger draw, who means more to wrestling, who has done more for wrestling, who is a better promo, who has had more big matches, who is a better cake baker etc.

Hogan is my favourite all time wrestler, so I'll pick him by default, but unless you ask specifics, you wont get an even semi-credible answer.

Guest DarkMatchJobber
So, just to be sure, your saying Hoga is better because hes more recognisable?

Popularity = ability now?

I'm not basing it on just popularity and actual in-ring ability is a distant second to personality and drawing ability in wrestling.

The Rock is a living legend for certain but he can't claim to have put wrestling on the map anywhere near the scale that Hogan did can he?

Also their acting ability has nothing to do with it either as both have made some rotten AND some entertaining films.

Guest The Beltster

Hogan was a short term draw?! He was the longest and most consistant draw in history. Rock doesnt draw these days as he is retired and movies surely dont count?

Drawing card wise, Hogan kills Rock. To be honest, Rock doesnt match Hogan in any category for me, including wrestling talent.

Who is a better worker - Hogan, greatest worker ever.

Who is a better wrestler - I'll say Rock just so people dont cry, but I dont believe it.

Who is a bigger draw - Hogan

Who means more to wrestling - Hogan

Who has done more for wrestling - Hogan

Who is a better promo - Hogan, sorry Rock fans but the Rock was a comedy promo, he never ever cut any money promos that made me want to see a match he was involved in. Its like Santino, he is charismatic and hillarious, but he will never make you want to seriously see any of his matches. I like serious money promos, Hogan cut a million of them.

Who has had more big matches - Hogan, he has been involved in pretty much every big match in history.

Its a whitewash.

Hogan was a short term draw?! He was the longest and most consistant draw in history. Rock doesnt draw these days as he is retired and movies surely dont count?

You misunderstand me Belty, I should have explained better.

I mean that if Hogan came back now he would get the bigger pop and be the bigger draw, but it would diminish rapidly. The Rock would have a (slightly) lower pop and be a lower draw, but for a longer period.

I wasnt basing anything on past achievements of Hogans or Rocks films like you seem to think.

And Rock cut some great promos as a heel IMO, far better than Hogans OTT generic face crap.

edit: obviously I shouldnt need to say it, but with TWO being ow it has recently I will: the above is obviously opinion, I have no proof that Hogan would diminish as a draw quicker than The Rock would. Its just something I feel would happen.

Edited by Paul

Hands down , Hogan.

I'd say the The Rock pretty much defines the description "WWE Superstar". He's a great talent, and WWE wishes the wrestlers could all be like him.

Hogan is an absolute megastar. People who've never even really heard of wrestling know Hogan's image on sight.

• Join the Club!

Become a member to participate in the forums and our Fan Clubs.

• Latest Club Activity