Fan Clubs (beta)

Open Club  ·  55 members  ·  Free

Wrestling

SmackDown All Star Kick Off Discussion Thread - 3rd October 2008

Guest FreeSpirit

What Did You Think of SmackDown's All Star Kick-Off?  

6 members have voted

1. 1. What Did You Think of SmackDown's All Star Kick-Off?

• Very Good
    • Good
    • Average
    • Poor
    • Very Poor

Guest FreeSpirit

Preview:

Venue:

The Resch Center - Green Bay, Wisconsin

TV Schedule:

UK: Sky Sports 3 at 10pm

USA: MyNetwork TV at 8/7c

SmackDown All Star Kick Off

3rd October 2008

On Friday 3rd October at 8/7c, SmackDown will move to its new home on MyNetwork TV with an unprecedented night of sports-entertainment action. The premiere episode of SmackDown will see for the first time ever on broadcast television a night of Champion vs. Champion matches.

The special episode of SmackDown will feature Superstars and Divas from all three brands of WWE, including a Triple Threat Match that will see WWE Champion, and SmackDown's own, Triple H, take on RAW's World Heavyweight Champion Chris Jericho and ECW's Champion Matt Hardy.

More matches will be announced on RAW, ECW and SmackDown, so stay tuned to WWE programming to find out which champions will be in action when SmackDown moves to MyNetwork TV on October 3rd!

And be sure to tune in to MyNetwork TV's World Television Premiere of WrestleMania XXIV on Thursday 2nd October at 8/7c as WWE's 1-2 Punch begins!

Matches:

Champion Vs Champion Vs Champion - Triple Threat Match:

Triple H (WWE Champion) Vs Chris Jericho (World Heavyweight Champion) Vs Matt Hardy (ECW Champion)

Champion Vs Champion Match:

Shelton Benjamin (WWE United States Champion) Vs Santino Marella (WWE Intercontinental Champion)

Michelle McCool (WWE Divas Champion) Vs Beth Phoenix (WWE Women's Champion)

Champions Vs Champions Match:

Curt Hawkins & Zack Ryder (WWE Tag Team Champions) Vs Cody Rhodes & Ted DiBiase (World Tag Team Champions)

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Champion Vs Champion Vs Champion - Triple Threat Match:

Triple H (WWE Champion) Vs Chris Jericho (World Heavyweight Champion) Vs Matt Hardy (ECW Champion)

This one should be good

Shelton Benjamin (WWE United States Champion) Vs Santino Marella (WWE Intercontinental Champion)

meh, not a fan of either men

Michelle McCool (WWE Divas Champion) Vs Beth Phoenix (WWE Women's Champion)

if beth doesn't destory McCool in like 30 seconds some one should get fired

Champions Vs Champions Match:

Curt Hawkins & Zack Ryder (WWE Tag Team Champions) Vs Cody Rhodes & Ted DiBiase (World Tag Team Champions)

again meh, neither teams interest me in the slightest

Edited by Jayfunk

Guest Al Stevens
I'm actually looking forward to all four of those matches.

Ditto looks like a good way to introduce Smackdown to a new network. Also it should be interesting to see the women's match as well.

Guest Nemesis Enforcer
Interesting idea to have all the champs wrestle eachother (as opposed to Night of Champions PPV when they defend the belts against others) I am quite looking forwards to the show this Friday now I have read this

Guest FreeSpirit
I am quite looking forwards to the show this Friday now I have read this

It's not this Friday Bro, its two weeks time on October 3rd :xyx

Guest Nemesis Enforcer
So it is! Thanks for that G2G I had it in my mind that we were at the end of the month already and headed into October next week!

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Black Knight

The following matches are confirmed for WWE’s SmackDown tapings on Tuesday, which will begin the show’s debut on MyNetworkTV next Friday night.

* WWE Champion Triple H vs. World Heavyweight Champion Chris Jericho vs. ECW Champion Matt Hardy

* WWE Intercontinental Champion Santino Marella vs. WWE United States Champion Shelton Benjamin

* WWE Women’s Champion Beth Phoenix vs. WWE Divas Champion Michelle McCool

* Rey Mysterio, Batista, Jeff Hardy and Finlay vs. Kane, MVP, JBL and The Brian Kendrick

This match isn’t confirmed but is expected:

* WWE Tag Team Champions Carlito & Primo Colon vs. World Tag Team Champions Cody Rhodes & Ted DiBiase

Edited by Black Knight

This match isn’t confirmed but is expected:

* WWE Tag Team Champions Carlito & Primo Colon vs. World Tag Team Champions Cody Rhodes & Ted DiBiase

When did Carlito and Primo win the belts or has it not happened yet?

Guest Jimmy Redman
When I heard about the World Titles match and the US/IC match, I was really hoping for a Womens match, so I'm glad thats on. The show does look good so far.

Guest FreeSpirit

Spoilers:

Credit:

wrestlezone.com

SmackDown:

WWE taped this week's edition of SmackDown from the Resch Center in Green Bay, Wisconsin.

* SmackDown begins taping with a new opening video and theme song.

* Rey Mysterio, Finlay, Batista & Jeff Hardy b. Kane, JBL, MVP & The Brian Kendrick in an All-Star Eight-Man Tag Team Match.

- Jeff Hardy got the win via pinfall on MVP after hitting a Swanton Bomb.

* Santino Marella comes out and does the "Honk-A-Meter." He says he's the greatest champion on planet Earth.

* Santino Marella b. Shelton Benjamin

- Santino Marella got the win via a roll-up pin after R-Truth makes a distraction rapping in the crowd.

* Since Vickie Guerrero is out from injuries she sustained last week, Big Show is in charge. He announces Chavo Guerrero vs. Mark Henry & The Great Khali.

* Mark Henry & The Great Khali b. Chavo Guerrero

- The Great Khali got the easy win with his nerve hold.

* The Big Show cuts a promo on The Undertaker. The lights go out and Undertaker appears in the ring. The Big Show runs away.

* Primo, Carlito, & CM Punk b. Cody Rhodes, Ted DiBiase, & Manu

- Punk got the win via pinfall after hitting Go To Sleep on Ted DiBiase.

* Beth Phoenix b. Michelle McCool in a Divas Lumberjack Match.

- McCool gets the win via pinfall after hitting her Wings of Love finisher.

* WWE Champion Triple H b. World Heavyweight Champion Chris Jericho & ECW Champion Matt Hardy in a Triple Threat Match Main Event

- Triple H got the win via pinfall on Matt Hardy after hitting him with a pedigree. After the match Vladimir Kozlov comes out and attacks Hunter to take SmackDown off the air.

Dark Match:

* Jimmy Wang Yang b. Bam Neely

- Jimmy Wang Yang got the win via pinfall after hitting a moonsault off the top ropes.

Edited by FreeSpirit

Guest Jimmy Redman

I am, as of this moment, completely naked.

Thats all.

ANYWAY, welcome, ladies and gents, to the huge-ass debut of Smackdown on the new network. We have a COMPLETELY NEW INTRO! Wow, didnt see that coming. My first impression is that it sucks. Really boring song, and the graphics are too slow. -1, Smackdown, -1. We have graphics of practically every wrestler in the company, as we're all appearing tonight. We show the World Championships match.

We open in the best possible way, with Jeff Hardy. This is, therefore, the 8-man tag match. Rey gets a HUGE pop to return to Smackdown, as does Baptista. This already feels like an important show, well done. As MVP enters, we have a Helms pop-up, and I honestly couldnt understand a word he said. These things are not doing it for me. To start Kendrick bumps around like a champ for Finlay. Batista got a big pop just for tagging in. I've seen people around who, to this day, question the overness and star power of Batista. I dont know why. We have apron-catching shenanigans, and Hornswoggle jumping onto MVP outside before break. That'll teach you to come with the 'ha ha', biatch. Jeff Hardy managed a 'Hardy' chant for the whole 10 seconds he was in the ring. There was a cool spot where Hornswoggle was dancing around in Kendrick's jacket (I'll admit, I laughed), Kendrick chased him into a Finlay clothesline, who walked into a Big Zeke clothesline. In the middle of this match Finlay and JBL were stiffing each other with right hands and elbows and clotheslines. Somewhere, far away, Naitch climaxes. We have a hot tag to Batista, who clears the house, which is code for murdering MVP and Kendrick. Another cool spot here as he tags to Rey who splashes MVP off of Big Dave's shoulders. Rey teases the 619 before Kane has enough of that and kills him outside. We break again, wow. Even Smackdown matches never go this long. Back, and we have more good stuff. JBL does what he does best: act like a d*ck. Wow, in the YouTube thread there is a video from someone saying "I wish Rey would use -this- counter again." Well, unless I'm very much mistaken, he just used -that- counter. We finally descend into the 8-man cluster we all know and love, which ends up as MVP taking a 619 (before Rey senton's Kane outside) and a Swanton for the Jeff Hardy pin. That will teach you to come with the 'ha ha', biatch. Man, was that EVER a good match.

JR and Tazz talk, and apparently Vickie isnt coming tonight as she's still selling being dead. That really, really sucks. JR says one of the hottest rivalries is between Undertaker and Show (oh no..). Now, he says, lets take you back (NO...), lets get you up to date (Dont do it JR!) with this...ARGHHHHHHHH! Yes folks, lets re-f*cking-play Unfor-f*cking-given. I dont know whether to cry or shoot myself in the temple. If I never see another replay of Taker/Show it will be way, way too soon.

Backstage (what took them so long?) Adamle is backstage, but more importantly, Teddy and Tiffany are backstage. They, talk, before Show comes in and tells them to get out of his office. His office. Oh crap. Chavo walks in (this just gets better..) and talks about Taker. Show blames Chavo for everything. He never really said why. He threatens Chavo and tells him he has a match. Show, when Chavo is doing better than you, you suck. Urgh. He's now being mean to Chavo for no earthly reason I can think of. Stay tuned.

In much, much better news, its time for Santino! He brings up the Honk-A-Meter, and he's now been champion for 6.71 weeks. Thats only 57.29 weeks to go! This is awesome. He then calls Shelton "goldilocks" and says that he's only champion of one country, whereas Santino is champion of "all the land masses which protrude above sea level". Hence, he is the champion of Planet Earth! Awesome. We break, when I assume he disses Favre, available on wwe.com. Back from the break, Shelton cuts his own titon tron promo, and calls Santino "Beth's girlfriend". This is basically a 60-second comedy match. Santino busts out the SALUTE~ whilst flat on his back selling a push kick. Awesome. Shelton hits the PayDirt way early, as Truth's music hits and he comes rapping from the crowd. Shelton, strangely, is distracted enough to not pin Santino, but undistracted enough to keep kicking him around. As Truth reaches the floor, Santino brings Shelton down from the second rope and surprisingly rolls him up with DOOM. Truth never stopped walking, all the way up the ramp. The music cuts for a big "Wassup". Shelton is pissed. That was kinda...weird.

Well, its the Big Show. Crap. He talks, and brings out Chavo. I'm guessing it will be either Khali or Kozlov. No, better! Mizark Henry! Oh, and Khali. There is still no reason as to why Show is being mean to Chavo, and I wouldnt care if there was. The match went something like headbutt, tag, CHOP OF DOOM, tag, World's Strongest Slam, tag, Head Squeeze of Doom, bell. Actually it wasnt 'something like' it at all. That was literally it. Outside, Show hits a knockout punch on Chavo. Oh man, if they replay that for the next 10 years I'm pretty sure I will commit suicide. Anyway, this is still all pointless and confusing. Show talks again. BONG, lights, Show walks out, lights, Taker is in the ring. Thats it. Is there anyone more utterly boring and utterly crap in wrestling right now than Big Show? Seriously.

Priceless are in the ring. We have a box promo as to why Raw > Smackdown. In your dreams, Teddy. The Colons come out, and Carlito makes it a 6-man tag. Oh, ok. Obviously its Punk, who got a big pop. We have a decent, short 6-man. JR talks about Dusty and busts out an "if you will" for my personal enjoyment. Finish is Colons clearing for a GTS on Teddy for the win. Again, short but fun enough.

Aha! Business is about to pick up, because THE main event is on next. Beth Phoenix v Michelle McCool. Its a Lumberjack match? Man, it has to be THE most uninventive way to get all the females on TV, but I dont care. Seeing my VICTORIA makes me happy. Wow, Michelle is wearing a fantastic outfit. +1 Michelle. She totally circumvents protocol by entering the ring on the heel side, as Maryse is all "HA, I so got that b*tch!" Maryse rules. Another decent but short match. Michelle gets a lot of offense on Beth, by Beth standards, which is sure to piss people off. Good work. They only actually go outside once, for a big cluster, ending with Maryse knocking Michelle down. Finish was Maryse again getting involved for Beth to hit the distracted chickenwing bomb for the win. Good stuff. VICTORIA heartily congratulated Maryse on her big victory, which was great. This whole thing needed more VICTORIA. Beth and Candice epically failed at promoting their PPV match (they didnt even make eye contact), and they used the match more to get Maryse v Michelle over, which seems weird, but who cares as Maryse > Candice. It is a shame though as a Beth/Candice rematch at No Mercy should have been put over a whole lot more. On another note, Raw has now won 3/3 of the Champion v Champion matches. Way to put your show over.

We recap recent Jericho/HBK events. It was hard to focus as I am so used to the searing pain I experience when we have a replay on Smackdown. We run down No Mercy.

Its time for YOUR main event, Champion v Champion v Champion. Matt Hardy comes out, followed by Da Game. Coming out second? O...k. Hmm, we go to break. We come back to...the match well underway? What the f*ck is that? Impact-level bullsh*t is what it is. Anywho, to 'start' it was a very slow, plodding, throw-the-guy-out kind of three-way. We have the customary powerbomb-superplex spot early on. It picked up in the last few minutes, and it only went about 10. We have Walls of Jerichos, before we trade moves into a random Pedigree on Matt Hardy for the win. HHH wins. Well I for one am shocked. Afterwards, Jericho Codebreaks Da Game and grabs a ladder. We get some 'HBK' chants (finally!) but he swerves and hits Matt and puts him in the ladder, which brings out Jeff with the save. By this time HHH is up, and he gets Twist of Fated! Jeff sets up the ladder and climbs it, but he comes off into a-

End transmission.

I'm sorry, I just cant. I cannot take another week of this Kozlov bullsh*t. If you must know, Jeff came off the top into a headbutt. Kozlov hit the (terrible) Deathdrop on HHH. End show. Holy sheezy, that was a damn good show. It felt really important, and was a great showcase for a new start. But God damn has that finish left a bad taste in my mouth. It a tough choice between the Unforgiven replay and Kozlov ending shows as to which makes me want to kill myself more. Both make me feel like giving up on life. Argh, argh, ARGH.

On the plus side, as I just said, huge show, great show. They managed to squeeze practically everyone the planet onto this show, and considering that, it didnt feel too rushed. Opener was absolutely great, if you watch nothing else, watch this. The other matches were short and the main event was weirdly short, but there was nothing bad. They managed to forward all the feuds they needed to forward (Show/Taker, Maryse/Michelle, Truth/Shelton, Jeff/HHH) and even one that they really didnt need to (Kozlov/me).

I assume that Kozlov will interfere at the PPV, turning it into a full blown Jeff/HHH/Kozlov three way feud. Although I assume that assuming that the Smackdown booking collective have more brain cells than Baptista, and by the evidence of the Kozlov main event push itself, thats no certainty.

Edited by Jimmy Redman

Wow, in the YouTube thread there is a video from someone saying "I wish Rey would use -this- counter again." Well, unless I'm very much mistaken, he just used -that- counter.
That was me, lol.

I'll be a happy chappy if he does pull out the backflip-reverse DDT.

• Join the Club!

Become a member to participate in the forums and our Fan Clubs.

• Latest Club Activity