Fan Clubs (beta)

Open Club  ·  55 members  ·  Free

Wrestling

Major heat between WWE and Fighting Spirit magazine?

Guest Cathal

There was major heat this past week between WWE and Fighting Spirit magazine in the U.K. The magazine printed a memo sent by WWE to members of the gaming press covering the new Smackdown vs. Raw 2009 videogame. In some hilarious attempts at control, WWE said that the press could not use any screenshots of superstars (oh, and wrestlers are not allowed to be called wrestlers, only superstars) bleeding or weapons being used. Okay, I get that WWE is trying to be PG since they realize adults no longer attend their live events but kids do in droves. It’s actually right decision for the time, but if that’s the case, shouldn’t that stuff they don’t want screenshots of not be in the game in the first place? But the funniest is that no screenshots are allowed of HHH “in a defenseless or vulnerable position.” Man, somebody has gotten far more thin-skinned about his character than one should be. WWE was furious that this memo was published, and, in defying the order, that the magazine published a screenshot of a character that looks like HHH with synthol filled pecs and delts on his back with Kane hovering over him.

Wrestling Observer Newsletter.

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest MastersGonads
Trips gets worse as time goes by :/

I dont believe 80% of what is written about Hunter to be honest. It's lazy journalism on a slow day to add an anti HHH slur to a story, because of his reputation, and fans or smarks, seem to lap it up, its the same with Vince really, because people choose to believe anything reinforcing his on screen persona

FSM has to be one of the worst and most bias magazines I have ever read.

If it's not constant smarky sarcasm it's constant negativity towards anything successful.

My favourite item recently is the obviously paid for by TNA review of their Impact video game.

I find it strange that TNA allows its wrestlers to play the game with FSM and run lengthy glowing reports and then the next magazine has a review that is about is accurate as Hulk Hogans autobiography. Impact is perhaps the worst wrestling game of all time but, it's OK cause it's just their first try at making a TNA game!!!!!!

Sorry, but God I hate FSM.

Guest Nemesis Enforcer
I don't know why but I am sat here laughing my arse off at the story. I can't pinpoint exactly what in the article I found so funny, just that the whole thing caused my fit of laughter.

Guest DarkMatchJobber

I like FSM but was more than a little confused about the fact that they constantly slate TNA's pay-per-view events yet act like complete marks for the computer game?

I actually sent an e-mail because I was annoyed that they said that ' Impact is everything the Smackdown games are not...namely fun '.

Who are they to say Smackdown is not a fun game?

I'm a fan of Lance Storm and Alex Shane's columns each month as well as Bill Apter's entries.

Guest DarkMatchJobber

If Triple H is bothered about being pictured on the defensive or shock! horror! putting someone over clean there are worse things to worry about.

For instance you could easily change his entrance to that of Melina's or something like Boogeyman's then upload it for the world to see on YouTube.

Guest Da Showstoppa
If Triple H is bothered about being pictured on the defensive or shock! horror! putting someone over clean there are worse things to worry about.

For instance you could easily change his entrance to that of Melina's or something like Boogeyman's then upload it for the world to see on YouTube.

I'm waiting for someone to post the video! I believe it's reasons like this that wrestlers in video games are no longer customisable.

Guest Da Showstoppa
Since when?

I think there was a bit of reservation from WWE after Raw2 for the X-Box allowed people to put stupid clothes on The Rock.

Mind you, if I were WWE I'd have been more offended by the wrestlers walking like they'd recently been f*cked up the back passage.

I dont believe 80% of what is written about Hunter to be honest. It's lazy journalism on a slow day to add an anti HHH slur to a story, because of his reputation, and fans or smarks, seem to lap it up, its the same with Vince really, because people choose to believe anything reinforcing his on screen persona

This story has been repeated from powerslam seperatly, so it seems its a real thing. Sorry MG, you be too quick in jumping to WWE/HHH defence.

Guest MastersGonads
This story has been repeated from powerslam seperatly, so it seems its a real thing. Sorry MG, you be too quick in jumping to WWE/HHH defence.

I dont care where its reported, I stand by my statement that half of the stuff dreamt up about certain stars is lazy journalism playing on character stereotypes...

• Join the Club!

Become a member to participate in the forums and our Fan Clubs.

• Latest Club Activity