Fan Clubs (beta)

Internet Phonies!

Guest Fiona

Recently I have encountered various people on the internet who aren't who they say they are. Mostly it's guys posing as girls.

My question is. WTF is going on and why would a guy pose as a girl? Has anyone else come across these internet weirdos? And what have you done about them?

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Older people pose as younger people to lure in and groom them.

[theory]People act as the opposite sex, in a hope that naked pictures will be exchanged, after all, there's likely to be more straight people than gay people.

damn i've been caught!!

my theory? Guys post as girls because girls are probably more likely to talk to girls they've never met over the internet than they are guys. Therefore, instant trust. Then 2 weeks later the man's all like "oh sorry, im actually a guy, i just pretended to be a girl for fun but then i didnt want to tell you because i didnt want to upset you because i've grown to really like you blah blah blah" in the hope that the woman goes "well i was kinda hoping you were a guy because i've been getting quite moist over the last few days and women dont generally make me go moist so it's alright that your a lying scumbag who pretty much groomed me and earned my trust by being a massive fake phony thing!" Cue lots of sex and babies etc etc.

At least that's what I think.

damn i've been caught!!

my theory? Guys post as girls because girls are probably more likely to talk to girls they've never met over the internet than they are guys. Therefore, instant trust. Then 2 weeks later the man's all like "oh sorry, im actually a guy, i just pretended to be a girl for fun but then i didnt want to tell you because i didnt want to upset you because i've grown to really like you blah blah blah" in the hope that the woman goes "well i was kinda hoping you were a guy because i've been getting quite moist over the last few days and women dont generally make me go moist so it's alright that your a lying scumbag who pretty much groomed me and earned my trust by being a massive fake phony thing!" Cue lots of sex and babies etc etc.

At least that's what I think.

Phil I don't know any women that would say "I was getting quite moist over you". What kind of woman do you talk to man?:)

EDIT: I just asked my son Joel and he said he's come across a lot of guys posing as girls too. I just don't get it.

Edited by Fiona

Phil I don't know any women that would say "I was getting quite moist over you". What kind of woman do you talk to man?:)

you mean you never talk to the lovely ladies at dubbleyerdubbleyerdubbleyer.hornyhornyhorny.com???

EDIT: I just asked my son Joel and he said he's come across a lot of guys posing as girls too. I just don't get it.

I don't get it either. honestly, i dont chat too much on the internet, this forum and Facebook are probably the only places, and all the people on Facebook I know anyway. I may have over-exaggerated a little with my earlier post but I honestly believe that some men do it as a way of getting a woman to talk to him.

I mean, I'm not saying all men are the same, but women have to be careful on the net, so a guy is less likely to get a warm response from a woman he doesnt know than two women who don't know each other.

Just my two pennies.

Edited by Saz

I'm sure there's some on this forum somewhere. Law of averages say there has to be.

Just watch your fingers with some people, don't want them to go black from the burn when you find out :P

had someone add my msn addy the other day and the display pic made me cringe was a headless girl dressed in nothing than a bra with her fingers in somewhere you wouldnt normally put them for a picture was disturbed especially when they asked A/s/l? deleted immediately.

xXx

had someone add my msn addy the other day and the display pic made me cringe was a headless girl dressed in nothing than a bra with her fingers in somewhere you wouldnt normally put them for a picture was disturbed especially when they asked A/s/l? deleted immediately.

xXx

Someone called Charity? Had the same one. You should have put your a/s/l, it got far spicier...I then went on a tirade of abuse as i'm assumnig it was a bot.

As for fakers on the internet, they amuse me most of the time. I mean, how sad must your life be that you get your rocks off pretending your a guy or a girl when you're obviously not? I just laugh at them behind their backs and be sweet online/o MSN, waiting for the day they slip up and I can laugh even harder! Am i evil?

i say most of the time though as some of the time it gets me angry when they use this persona to upset people I care about (my sister has had a bad experience with someone pretending to be someone else before who became very abusive when she confronted this person, even threatening to find out where she lived, etc. My sister was only 17 at the time and it scared her a fair bit). Some people seem to forget that for a lot of people, the internet is their main way of communication and their main social life-a lot of people aren't comfortable making offline friends, don't have the time or the opportunity. That's why I hate it when people are like "don't take it seriously, it's only the internet".

Oh. I think I'm too old to be on the internet I don't know the lingo that's used. No wonder I get into so much trouble. I just say "Oh that's nice and really that sounds good". God knows what I'm saying yes too half the time. Cheers Scotty.

Recently I have encountered various people on the internet who aren't who they say they are. Mostly it's guys posing as girls.

My question is. WTF is going on and why would a guy pose as a girl? Has anyone else come across these internet weirdos? And what have you done about them?

Rumour has it that there is one of the females on here who is actually a guy... but you know rumours, hard to prove, but liable to have a life of their own in seconds, lol.

There was a similar incident with Jimmy Redman, but that wasn't a situation where she was pretending to be a guy, it was that we just assumed she was a guy and didn't think to ask.

Guest Nemesis Enforcer
I have known a few 'women' who turned out to be guys on different forums, I did ask one guy why he tried to make people believe he was a woman and he just said "threesomes" and wouldn't expand on that any more then just the word

There was a similar incident with Jimmy Redman, but that wasn't a situation where she was pretending to be a guy, it was that we just assumed she was a guy and didn't think to ask.

I can understand Jimmy Redman and Shane O Mac using a guys name it probably stops them from getting hit on and they've never pretended to be men. It's not a double standard in a way it protects them from internet stalkers.

I can't get over the fact that a guy would pretend to be a girl for no reason at all unless they were gay or just plain stupid. How unattractive is that when you find out the girl your interested in shaves every morning and I'm not talking about his legs.