Fan Clubs (beta)

Open Club  ·  55 members  ·  Free

Wrestling

What does the WWE need to do in future?

Guest tebbotis

Guest tebbotis

Continue to push younger talent in ECW with some veteran wrestlers helping them.

WWE Draft each year, this will keep things fresh.

Continue to push IC and US titles and make them really important like they were in the 80's

Less PPV's reduce them down to either 12 or 10 PPV's a year

More storylines like HBK vs Jericho, this is the best feud i've seen in years.

Future roster

RAW

Cena

Orton

Jeff

Matt

JBL

Undertaker

Jericho

Kingston

Rey Mysterio

Christian (Resign him)

Kendrick

Santino

Kane

CM Punk

Umaga

Kenny

Manu

SMACKDOWN

HHH

HBK

MVP

Kennedy

Batista

R Truth

Edge

Benjamin

Big Show

Kozlov

Morrison

Burke

Knox

Miz

Cade

Zigger

Bentley (Sign him)

ECW

Birchill

Borne

Smith

Wilson

Ortiz

Goldman

Spears

Hennig

Swagger

Bam Neely

Dreamer (veterans)

Finlay (veterans)

Henry (veterans)

Chavo (veterans)

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hmm, I'm beginning to think you have a bit of an agenda posting on this forum, you've started several threads all around your opinion that we need fresh talent in the WWE.

As a person who really doesn't give a sh*t what Vinnie mac does, as it's obvious he makes m,oney out of it, so he must be doing something right. I think that he won't be getting rid of any older talent until they stop selling T-shirts.

We get the point, so try to start threads that hinge on a differing opinion please!

Guest The Beltster

To improve the on-screen product they need to get rid of the worthless ECW, combine RAW and SD! into one roster and then drop the SD! show or turn it into a recap show for RAW.

Then they need to drop every title except the WWE title, IC title, Womens title and World tag team titles.

Lastly, have 6 PPV's per year max and put more emphasis on the titles and the angles rather than alot of the crap they concentrate on now that nobody really gives a toss about.

None of this will happen though because even though WWE is creatively in the toilet in my opinion, they are raking in cash hand over fist.

Less PPV's reduce them down to either 12 or 10 PPV's a year

More storylines like HBK vs Jericho, this is the best feud i've seen in years.

I thought there was already 12 PPV's a year, I say have 6 a year. That would give a decent build up time and also people could get excited about it.

Also BIG DAVE could maybe learn to wrestle before the next one.

As to the storyline with HBK and Jericho, these guys are older than most, so newer talent isn't always better.

Guest DarkMatchJobber

10 things I think WWE need to do in the future

1) Continue scouting for new talent from TNA and ROH and offering contracts to workers whose current deals are expiring. (as even a loyal worker will consider leaving if they are offered a better deal by WWE)

2) Keep pushing Smackdown as an A-brand show.

3) Re-new business ties with OVW and use them as a developmental territory again.

4) Never do a diva search as most of the entrants have little to no interest in the business and would only take the spot of a more deserving diva.

5) Put JBL opposite Michael Cole again on commentary for the RAW brand and switch The King to Smackdown to join JR and Tazz.

6) Remove Vickie Guerrero and Mike Adamle from their on-screen authority roles.

7) Re-launch the tough enough show but give priority to those with a wrestling background.

8) Scrap the One Night Stand and Cyber Sunday events.

9) Try to move Smackdown to thursday nights to go head-to-head with Impact. (be ruthless)

10) Keep pushing smaller wrestlers!

I would have to agree with DC. Vicki G. gets more heat than any of the wrestlers do. The fans absolutely hate her. I wouldn't get rid of her anytime soon.

Guest Chriscare
Is she? Must be a sign of things then.

How can you comment on what they need to do i you don't even watch what they currently do? Anyone who watches smackdown just once can see the vickie is the most over heel on the show.

1) Cut the crap, half the the WWE roster should be no were near the big time.

2) Fire their creative team, hire actual former wrestlers as bookers rather than agents.

3) Fire Jonny Ace he is a tw*t he makes Russo look like a saint hire JR back in his old role.

4) Cut back on the number of titles

5) End the crap brands split as it has been an epic fail, it would have worked if smackdown was a WCW show but they fail on the original goal.

6) focus on wrestling more

9) Try to move Smackdown to thursday nights to go head-to-head with Impact. (be ruthless)

WWE has no stroke with smackdown TV show its on when the network says its on. Also it would kill Impact hence TNA and the only currently hope for some competition in the future and thus will ruin wrestling for me and for many people

10) Keep pushing smaller wrestlers!

I agree, with wrestling ability

3) Fire Jonny Ace he is a tw*t he makes Russo look like a saint hire JR back in his old role.
I don't know how you can compare the two men when their jobs are completely different (one's a writer and the other is head of talent relations).
I agree, with wrestling ability
Yes, because wrestling ability has always drawn huge at the box-office.

How can you comment on what they need to do i you don't even watch what they currently do? Anyone who watches smackdown just once can see the vickie is the most over heel on the show.

I agree but technically that is a little bit of a problem.

She'll never wrestle, so where's the payoff?

I've said this many times before but WWE is just in a creative rut, too many things being repeated, not enough mistakes being remembered for the right reasons, and too many shows which are frankly, easily missable.

I guess a big thing they could do is forget about the attitude era. Just because it worked in 1998 doesn't mean it does now, they need to try and change their style a lot, as opposed to week to week, work to long term plans (although various injuries haven't helped them) and actually stick to ideas instead of changing them willy-nilly because you got a bad rating one week.

People forget the success of 98 and beyond was arguably built by 1997, which wasn't a hugely successful year, and that's the whole of it really. Long term building. Rome wasn't built in a day, and they can't expect to change something and expect to see the difference tomorrow. It seems like sometimes they get that, then they get a bad rating or an injury, and they hit panic mode again and think they need fresh talent so bring in 5 guys with awful names, do nothing with them and wonder why it failed.

Ultimately they need to think about who they are, what do they want to be and where do they want to be, cause at the moment I doubt they know.

Guest MastersGonads

WWE has no stroke with smackdown TV show its on when the network says its on

Wrong there buddy. If Vince wanted it on a Thursday, it would go on a Thursday! For channels like Spike, Sci Fi or My Network TV the WWE brings in great figures, so they would be more than accomadating to change the schedules for them

She'll never wrestle, so where's the payoff?

Does she have to wrestle for their to be a payoff? There are many ways as a GM she could be removed from our screens, look at Bischoff in the dumpster. If they were clever creatively, the ultimate payoff of her being removed as GM could be a great storyline considering the massive heal heat she has been drawing recently

Guest The Beltster

For a PPV payoff, which I guess is the main point, she would need to wrestle. I cant imagine anybody buying a PPV to see Eric thrown in a garbage truck.

That being said, she gets good heat, to get some sort of payoff she could manage a huge name guy at ringside with the stipulation that if he loses she is gone.

For a PPV payoff, which I guess is the main point, she would need to wrestle. I cant imagine anybody buying a PPV to see Eric thrown in a garbage truck.

That being said, she gets good heat, to get some sort of payoff she could manage a huge name guy at ringside with the stipulation that if he loses she is gone.

With Edge costing her (man) the match and bringing that storyline full circle too (although that does run the risk of turning Edge face).

Guest Jimmy Redman

I suppose thats a logical idea for the conclusion to Show/Taker, actually. As I said in the Smackdown thread, on one hand its a shame because Vickie is such a good character and gets massive heat, but on the other, there is hardly anywhere else for her to go when the Taker feud is over.

As an aside, I'd be extremely interested in an actual Taker v Vickie PPV match.

And on a completely different point, Jung has brought up something rather pertinent. There is this whole attitude left over from Attitude (forgive me) where we live and die by the ratings, especially Raw's ratings. That has absolutely no relevance anymore. The Monday Night Wars are over, there is no threatening competition, they are making gazillions of dollars. Raw getting a 2.8 or a 3.5 makes no difference whatsoever, but we all go apesh*t over bad ratings, like its a crisis, and WWE goes apesh*t over bad ratings, and they get desperate. Desperate is a bad look, and it doesnt fix anything.

WWE need to get out of this habit of incredibly short-term, ratings-focused booking. They hardly have any follow-through (the positive critical reaction to recent long-term storylines like Jericho/Michaels or Matt/MVP or Trish/Mickie shows just how rare they are) and seem to start something one week and drop it the next, for no apparent reason. Especially with the younger guys, when they try and push someone new, they push them well for a short time and then just seem to forget about them, and then they drop back down into obscurity, which is a terrible waste, of time and of talent.

There is a general feeling around that the current talent pool doesnt stack up to previous ones, and I think a factor in that attitude is the way that WWE almost never put faith in new talent. A majority of the recent debutants are given generic names, and NO gimmick (I cannot stress this enough), a generic moveset, a generic finish, generic written promos to deliver (if they're lucky), and are expected to get over, when nobody has any reason to care about them. And they arent given a fair chance to try and make the fans care about them, because they have no personality at all.

Having said that, a fair few guys have shown immense talent and personality as they've come in and been given a chance to show it. But they never get the chance to show it long-term. They're always forgotten about, jobbed out to someone, punished for something, fall out of 'favour', get injured, whatever else. Obviously some of these situations are they're own fault, as well as WWE's, but the fact remains that they get cut down at some point, and it hurts them. Sometimes they give it a go with someone, and then after a short while panic and go back to HHH, or just stop booking them well and they suffer. There is nothing wrong with the HHHs of the world being around and being in a main event, but they need to make new stars.

Guest tebbotis

WWE got some good young talent, Smith, Wilson, Hennig, Birchill, and Borne and you have some current superstars that can be good in the next year or two - Santino, MVP, Kennedy, Kingston. The future is bright. Please WWE go and sign....

Danielson, Sabin, Shelly, Christian and Bentley

WWE got some good young talent, Smith, Wilson, Hennig, Birchill, and Borne and you have some current superstars that can be good in the next year or two - Santino, MVP, Kennedy, Kingston. The future is bright. Please WWE go and sign....

Danielson, Sabin, Shelly, Christian and Bentley

I was with you until Birchill. The man has shown no talent, or very little, in any of his 3 wwe roles. Be good in the next year or two? I doubt it since he has not in the last year or two. (or three.)

• Join the Club!

Become a member to participate in the forums and our Fan Clubs.

• Latest Club Activity