Fan Clubs (beta)

Open Club  ·  55 members  ·  Free

Wrestling

The Greatest ECW Wrestler Of All-Time?

Guest DarkMatchJobber

Greatest ECW Wrestler of All-Time?  

44 members have voted

1. 1. Greatest ECW Wrestler of All-Time?

• Tommy Dreamer
    • Raven
    • The Sandman
    • Shane Douglas
    • Sabu
    • Rob Van Dam
    • Tazz
    • Mike Awesome
    • Terry Funk
    • Cactus Jack
    • New Jack
    • Rhino
    • Justin Credible
    • Other

Guest DarkMatchJobber

Todd Gordon and Paul Heyman's ECW is arguably the greatest independant promotion of all-time and developed a cult-like following that remains strong to this day.

Many wrestlers made a name for themselves in the land of extreme but who was the greatest ECW wrestler of all-time?

Please explain your choice.

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest ScottyB

I went for RVD.

Admittedly, I havent seen a great deal of the original ECW, but when I think of it, RVD is usually the first name that pops to mind.

Guest DarkMatchJobber

I have picked Shane Douglas because in my opinion he was one of the most charismatic heels in wrestling during the 90's and a credible headliner in ECW.

Also it was 'The Franchise' who threw the NWA world title to the mat and proclaimed himself to be the first-ever ECW world champion and although any other wrestler could have been asked to do that I am not sure they would have cut as great a promo as Douglas did following the belt being dropped to the mat.

His feud with Tazz as the leader of the Triple Threat was another highlight because it helped make Tazz a headliner in ECW by having a top heel to go up against who the fans wanted to see get his butt kicked.

Taz was arguably a headliner at the point he feuded with Douglas and the Triple Threat. If you want to say "The Franchise" made him into a top star, you'd need to go back to when Taz beat him for the TV Title in under three minutes.

Guest Rampage
I voted for RVD, simply because im a big fan of his. Big fan of Raven, Taz and a few others also, but no one beats The whole F**kin show.

Im gonna say Sabu.

The first tape I got off a tape trader was "The best of Sabu" and I always thought he was much more than a stunt artist.He had a nice feud with Tazz or the Tazmaniac as he was known then,had a killer 3 way dance with Funk and Douglas and IMO was one of the driving forces that put ECW on the map.

It's a close call between him and Tazz but Sabu just shades it for me.

Guest Nemesis Enforcer
I was going to say The Sandman but that was just because he is my fave from the old ECW, I did however vote for Taz (thats 1 'Z' not 2) as I feel he is the right choice. His reign with the belt and the FTW title just all point to him being THE MAN back in ECW for me

Guest Jayfunk

Shane Douglas: He was the best heel in the company. He could talk. He could wrestle. He was the total package.

Taz was arguably a headliner at the point he feuded with Douglas and the Triple Threat. If you want to say "The Franchise" made him into a top star, you'd need to go back to when Taz beat him for the TV Title in under three minutes.

I would say Bam Bam made him a star rather than Shane personally

Shane Douglas: He was the best heel in the company. He could talk. He could wrestle. He was the total package.

I would say Bam Bam made him a star rather than Shane personally

Taz was already a star in ECW before Bam Bam debuted.

but Bam Bam pushed him to the next level
Debatable at best. Taz was already thought of as unstoppable by the time he reached his feud with Bam Bam and showed that by defeating him cleanly in the rematch.

I'm not saying Bam Bam didn't help Taz's career, but the amount of it, in my opinion, isn't that great. If you want to argue a case for who took Taz to the "next level", it was Sabu at Barely Legal (after the masterful "Path of Rage" angle).

Christ, I'd say the chokeout of 911 (after getting up from his chokeslam) meant more than the feud with Bigelow.

I voted for Taz, but was really conflicted, wanting to vote for my favourite. Sandman or Tommy Dreamer. I also think Mikey Whipwreak should get a mention he was mint.

I love Taz I marked out when he returned in the first one night stand.

It's Taz, old school Taz. taz with one z love Foley. I loved the Raven Sandman fued. Winced and cried during the singapore cane match with Dreamer and Sandman. If anyone did a poll for best ECW fued i think alot of people would be conflicted.

BTW Taz and Sabu year long fued was great Taz calling out Sabu every week whilst beating the shite out of people and then the one day. the lights go out and there is Sabu standing in the ring. Just mint.

Guest Jayfunk
I'm not saying Bam Bam didn't help Taz's career, but the amount of it, in my opinion, isn't that great. If you want to argue a case for who took Taz to the "next level", it was Sabu at Barely Legal (after the masterful "Path of Rage" angle).

Yes, I think your right (see i can admit it) The Taz/Sabu Fued was awesome and di push him to another level and in fact the company. the lights going out and sabu appearing is still one of my favourite moments in ECW. Th eonly problem with the fued was with the fac that Taz and Sabu were pretty much faces thats why at barely Legal the sabu turn and taz turn didn't work for me

You have the cheek to tell me to shush and then come out with sh*t like that? For shame, Saz, for shame. :lol

I thought I said shush! :lol

and the Ringmaster ruled!

*Waves Austin flag*

• Join the Club!

Become a member to participate in the forums and our Fan Clubs.

• Latest Club Activity