Fan Clubs (beta)

Open Club  ·  55 members  ·  Free

Wrestling

RAW Discussion Thread- October 13, 2008 from Anaheim, CA (#803)

TPIB

What Did You Think of RAW #803?  

16 members have voted

1. 1. What Did You Think of RAW #803?

Custom Preview:

With only 13 days to go until the fifth annual Cyber Sunday, RAW rolls into the Honda Center in Anaheim, CA.

Last week on RAW, World Heavyweight Champion Chris Jericho was placed in charge of RAW in the absence of General Manager Mike Adamle. Jericho wasted no time in sticking it to his rivals- Shawn Michaels and #1 Contender for his World Title: Batista. Jericho first announced that Shawn Michaels would face Lance Cade in a No Disqualification Match. After Batista laid out the champion in the middle of the ring, Jericho announced that Batista would defend his #1 Contender's Spot against the man he originally beat- JBL. Jericho announced that he would be the Special Guest Referee.

Before the match began, Jericho revealed William Regal as the Guest Timekeeper and Randy Orton as Guest Commentator. Despite Regal and Jericho's best efforts, Jericho was trumped by Batista & Mike Adamle. Adamle returned from his meeting with Shane & Stephanie McMahon just in time after Batista speared both JBL & Referee Jericho. Adamle sent another referee to the ring as Batista pinned JBL to keep his spot as #1 Contender. Mike Adamle announced that, at Cyber Sunday, Chris Jericho will defend the World Heavyweight Title against Batista and the fans will get to select a Special Guest Referee for the match- Randy Orton, Shawn Michaels, or Stone Cold Steve Austin. What will the three candidates do to rally votes as Cyber Sunday draws near?

Another champion with a busy night at Cyber Sunday is Santino Marella. At Cyber Sunday, the Intercontinental Champion will defend his belt against one of three former Intercontinental Champions- Roddy Piper, Goldust, or The Honky Tonk Man. What will Marella have to say about his defense against one of these three legends?

Also on RAW, Shawn Michaels completely lost it as he wore out Lance Cade with a steel chair in and after their No DQ Match. Has Jericho & Cade finally sent HBK off the deep end? How will this impact Michaels' chances of being the Special Referee at Cyber Sunday?

Anaheim will also see a very special guest appear on RAW- Johnny Knoxville. The Jackass star insulted The Great Khali on his new online talk show and now Khali has invited Knoxville to RAW. What will happen when Knoxville and Khali are in the same ring together?

Last week on RAW, Kofi Kingston suffered a loss against Ted DiBiase and then on ECW, the team of CM Punk, Kofi Kingston, Evan Bourne, & Ricky Ortiz lost to the team of Cody Rhodes, Ted DiBiase, The Miz, & John Morrison. In both cases, Manu made his presence known by running interference and giving the World Tag Team Champions the edge. What will Punk & Kofi do to avenge their dual losses last week? What will they do about Manu?

RAW will also see a tag team rematch from last week when Rey Mysterio teams with ECW Champion Matt Hardy to take on Kane & Mark Henry. Also, Cryme Tyme teams with Kelly Kelly to take on the team of The Miz, John Morrison, & Jillian in a 6-Person Mixed Tag Match.

Find out the answers to these questions and more on Monday Night RAW, live at 9/8c on USA.

Venue: Honda Center in Anaheim, CA

Confirmed Matches/Events

Johnny Knoxville Invited To RAW by The Great Khali

Rey Mysterio & Matt Hardy Vs. Kane & Mark Henry

6-Person Mixed Tag Match:

Cryme Tyme & Kelly Kelly Vs. The Miz, John Morrison, & Jillian

Build To Cyber Sunday

Edited by TPIB

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Jayfunk
I thought Goldust was Black Reign in TNA. I don't remember him being released from TNA, so did I miss something? :?

yep another TNA reject to go to the WWE :lol :lol :lol

Guest HH-Evolution

TWP - Since, yeah, you obviously know that Goldust was pretty much a WWE Original long before TNA ever got him, that was probably the least funny and ironic statement I've ever seen...you pretty much missed the mark, the boat, and clearer still, the point.

Leave the comedy to the Big boys, Jah, For you clearly are too ill equipped to make smart remarks! :D

Guest Jayfunk
TWP - Since, yeah, you obviously know that Goldust was pretty much a WWE Original long before TNA ever got him, that was probably the least funny and ironic statement I've ever seen...you pretty much missed the mark, the boat, and clearer still, the point.

Leave the comedy to the Big boys, Jah, For you clearly are too ill equipped to make smart remarks! :D

and he was a WCW orignal well before that too. it was a joke about the double standards that go on here. WWE to TNA is a reject. TNA to WWE is not. its a joke about me actually hating the term reject at all. but it may have been too high level.

The thing is, I don't know of anyone who was released/fired from TNA and went to WWE (with the possible exception of Jeff Hardy). Kaz, Monty Brown, Ron Killings, Chris Harris, etc all asked for their release or let their contracts lapse, so, in effect, they were not "rejected" by TNA, they left of their own choice.

As for Dustin Runnels/Rhodes/Goldust, he was actually a WWF wrestler before he was a WCW wrestler. He was in a tag match with his dad at the 1991 Royal Rumble. He didn't make his WCW debut until after that event.

It would nice if they actually sort Punk out with a match for Cyber Sunday..

Given he's:

A) Former WHC

B) On the poster and advert

C) Been screwed out of his title by Orton!

Guest The Beltster

The whole reject thing is a load of nonsense. Wrestlers switch companies/promotions/territories all the time, always have and always will. No different than somebody getting fired from Boots and going to work in Superdrug...are they a Boots reject?

Booker T and Mick Foley have both been classed as WWE rejects, yet Booker asked for and was granted his release while under suspention and Foley let his WWE contract expire...but they are WWE reject? Yet neither were called WCW rejects when they turned up in the WWF from WCW?

Its ridiculous.

WWE always gets away with taking guys from other companies and nobody says anything negative, and nor should they, however WCW and TNA dont dare take a WWE guy, even if he was in WCW or TNA first, for fear of being branded a company who takes in nothing but old retreads and rejects.

I hate the term, even moreso than "homegrown talent".

Edited by The Beltster

Guest joe boy
I reckon it'll be JBL...don't want it to be though.

Edit: I do love Reys tattoos

Yeah can't think who else.

Mabey Randy Orton? A long shot i know but he's due back in action soon, mabey tonight,well i hope so but i delt it.

• Join the Club!

Become a member to participate in the forums and our Fan Clubs.

• Latest Club Activity