Fan Clubs (beta)

Top Gear

Guest Walshy

Is back baby! From November 2nd the best show on British (and therefore any) TV is back!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tw8MccPwIXg

[YOUTUBE]<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tw8MccPwIXg&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tw8MccPwIXg&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>[/YOUTUBE]

Its looking like an amazing series a host of supercars, a double decker bus and (we can only hope) the Dacia Sandero!

Here is what should be on the first episode:

Motoring news and views from the usual team. Jeremy Clarkson, Richard Hammond and James May decide to buy second hand lorries, despite knowing almost nothing about the world of trucks, and then set about discovering how easy it is to be an HGV driver. Jeremy is also on the test track with a scary Porsche 911, a tame Lamborghini Gallardo and a surprisingly talented Labrador. And chat show legend Michael Parkinson is the Star In A Reasonably Priced Car.

Enjoy!

Edited by Walshy

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Da Showstoppa

Yeah, Sunday's gonna be great with TG and Cyber Sunday! Also I'm going to see the TG boys live next Friday (along with the Stig and some of the coolest cars on the planet) at MPH08 - I'll try and get some photos for ya. (Check out the MPH08 thread for a preview)

I wonder if James will buy a Dacia Sandero?

Ah nuts - it's next Sunday! The TG Mag said Oct 26th!

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Da Showstoppa
Top Gear Live was amazing, Clarkson and Hamster came into the crowd and were about a foot away from me! We did a cool wall, they played Aygo football again and there was lots of other stuff going on. It's a world tour - so go if you can.

Guest Al Stevens

Tonight's show was brilliant, I loved the HVG challenge (more so cause my mate is a HVG driver) and i bet when i see him next it will be talked about.

My sunday night has got a whole lot better!!!

Guest Al Stevens
The dog driving the Lambo made me laugh as did them parking Oliver behind Hamster's truck!

That bit with Oliver was just cruel.... funny as hell but cruel

Guest Da Showstoppa
That bit with Oliver was just cruel.... funny as hell but cruel

Mind you on Saturday at MPH they

Brought Oliver in to play Aygo football!

Guest bigmatt

And now Top Gear:

Jeremy Clarkson has sparked fresh BBC controversy by joking about murdering prostitutes.The Top Gear presenter, 48, made the quip about lorry drivers killing sex workers on Sunday night's BBC Two show.

As he completed a lorry-driving task, he said: "This is a hard job and I'm not just saying that to win favour with lorry drivers, it's a hard job. Change gear, change gear, change gear, check mirror, murder a prostitute, change gear, change gear, murder. That's a lot of effort in a day."

His comments come after serial killer Steve Wright was convicted in February of murdering five prostitutes in Ipswich.

Wright was a former lorry driver, as well as pub landlord and forklift truck driver.

Clarkson's joke, made before the watershed, sparked 188 complaints to the BBC, out of what the Corporation said was seven million viewers.

The Iceni Project, a charity which had helped some of the murdered prostitutes in Ipswich, criticised the remark.

The group's director Brian Tobin said: "I just think it was highly distasteful and insensitive. Maybe people on the BBC should think a bit more before saying some of the things they keep coming out with.

"It is around the time of the anniversary of the girls' (Ipswich prostitutes) deaths and it's a very delicate time. I saw it on Top Gear. It made me cringe."

Broadcasting watchdog Ofcom said it had been contacted by viewers angry at the remarks. A spokesman said: "Ofcom has received complaints regarding Top Gear. These complaints are currently being assessed against the Broadcasting Code. All UK broadcasters must adhere to Ofcom's Broadcasting Code which sets standards for the content of television and radio broadcasting."

I found it really funny you could tell he did not mean it. It was so tongue in cheak (sp) losing the plot and can't spell. Great episode, loved OL1 V3R.

Guest Al Stevens
FFS! I just hope that next week Clarkson has something to say about the complainers on the show

I think Clarkson will turn around and say something along the lines of "yes some people took offence at what i said last week, however here is a brand new super car".