Fan Clubs (beta)

Open Club  ·  55 members  ·  Free

Wrestling

Predictions for TNA's Main Event Mafia vs Homegrown Feud

Guest DarkMatchJobber

Guest DarkMatchJobber

This might be giving TNA more credit than they deserve or are yet to earn but what do you think will have happened this time next year during the Main Event Mafia vs Homegrown Talent feud that is going on?

I think this has the potential to last a year if built up slowly and carefully plus considering the talent TNA have on their roster there is plenty of variety in the offing storyline/match wise.

My Predictions

Sting will 'see the light' and leave the Main Event Mafia to mentor the Homegrown Talent.

Jeff Jarrett will return at some point and screw over the Homegrown talent to become co-leader of the Mafia with Kurt Angle.

Christopher Daniels will return under the 'Fallen Angel' gimmick (after Curryman is destroyed on TV by the Mafia) and become the Mafia's X-Division headliner.

Team 3D will join the Main Event Mafia as the group's headline tag team.

Samoa Joe will briefly win the Mafia's legends title before dropping it to Kevin Nash.

Jim Cornette will turn heel and become the corrupt authority figure in TNA.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest The Franchise

Predictions?

This might be giving TNA more credit than they deserve or are yet to earn but what do you think will have happened this time next year during the Main Event Mafia vs Homegrown Talent feud that is going on?

I think this has the potential to last a year if built up slowly and carefully plus considering the talent TNA have on their roster there is plenty of variety in the offing storyline/match wise.

My Predictions

Sting will 'see the light' and leave the Main Event Mafia to mentor the Homegrown Talent.

Jeff Jarrett will return at some point and screw over the Homegrown talent to become co-leader of the Mafia with Kurt Angle.

Christopher Daniels will return under the 'Fallen Angel' gimmick (after Curryman is destroyed on TV by the Mafia) and become the Mafia's X-Division headliner.

Team 3D will join the Main Event Mafia as the group's headline tag team.

Samoa Joe will briefly win the Mafia's legends title before dropping it to Kevin Nash.

Jim Cornette will turn heel and become the corrupt authority figure in TNA.

I predict that The Main Event Mafia is going to rough shot everyone in TNA and handily hold all the major titles for their group before its all over said and done.:xyx

Guest Jayfunk

to be honest people seem to think that this is WCW a decade ago. it isn't people like sting, angle, nash and booker actually try to put over the younger talent or at least give them the rub.

Sting gave the rub to abyss in their fued, Joe and Now AJ. Angle has put over both AJ and Joe. Booker as put over Joe.

Nash worked with the X division guys and gave them some character.

I just don't think these vertians are the same was they were.

but predictions is the question

By the end of the fued if it works AJ styles will be world champion as he is the Mr TNA with Joe with him. Quite frankly if Joe and AJ were fueding over the World Title it would blow pretty much anything WWE has done in a while in terms of match quality. And that is the point of this fued to get these people as well as Beer money, Abyss, MCMG and Matt Morgan to get to that level

Guest DarkMatchJobber

I think that a key factor many people forget about WCW's New Blood vs Millionaire's Club feud is it came at a time when the company was in sharp decline and didn't have the time to develop as well as it could have in a steadier and more secure environment.

So I think this Mafia vs Homegrown feud will succeed because it does have a lot of potential creatively and financially,many pay-per-views could be sold on the basis of Mafia vs Homegrown in the same way WCW vs NWO attracted a lot of buys back in the day.

A long way ahead but for me a War Games match where the stipulation insists that if the Mafia lose they disband immediately but if the homegrown talent lose then those who participate on the team are fired.

Guest Jayfunk
I think that a key factor many people forget about WCW's New Blood vs Millionaire's Club feud is it came at a time when the company was in sharp decline and didn't have the time to develop as well as it could have in a steadier and more secure environment.

So I think this Mafia vs Homegrown feud will succeed because it does have a lot of potential creatively and financially,many pay-per-views could be sold on the basis of Mafia vs Homegrown in the same way WCW vs NWO attracted a lot of buys back in the day.

A long way ahead but for me a War Games match where the stipulation insists that if the Mafia lose they disband immediately but if the homegrown talent lose then those who participate on the team are fired.

it has to be the lockdown main event.

I think cage will be a big factor as would jarrett where will they finally land. It has been a good creative time for TNA much better than 07

Guest Chriscare
I think that Abyss and Matt Morgan are going to get the greatest gain from this feud, I think this will really establish tehm

I think Abyss established himself well before 2008.

Yeah, as a really, really awful professional wrestler.

Not feeling the Main Event Mafia thingy. Rubbish name for something which has been done a billion times before, it is essentially just part nWo, part Millionaire's Club, part Magnificent Seven with guys who were stars 8 years ago and opponents who have been completely neutered over the last X amount of months to the point that it's difficult to care about them or their plight in the battle against the big name guys. I mean, how the hell are people supposed to get behind Samoa Joe? Have they given the fans any reason to care about Joe in the last, I dunno, 12 months? He's still supposed to be one of their top babyfaces (allegedly) but you wouldn't know it from how much they've bitchslapped him and from some of the less than enthusiastic reactions he gets.

It'll probably just lead to more arse backwards rubbish from TNA which has been the norm since Russo came back really.

Guest DarkMatchJobber

They might not be my favourite company but so far the angle has been carried out quite well aside from the heel/face confusion which I think is kind of natural seeing as guys like Sting have spent most of their career as a babyface so it is difficult to boo them.

By pushing the Mafia as a group of cocky veterans who don't think the homegrown talent is worth a dime we will see certain TNA-made stars elevate themselves over the coming months by proving they are deserving of their spot on the roster,guys like Eric Young,Jay Lethal,MCMG and even AJ are going to improve ten fold with a believable and understandable cause to fight for.

Guest DarkMatchJobber
Jarrett is bound to turn heel on the homegrown talent and become the undisputed champion in TNA by winning the legends and world titles.

I'm fairly confident that the MEM will continue to beat down the supposed new generation, and get cheered doing it, continually win, look cooler and more established, until the likes of Joe and Styles finally get their big win, but nobody cares by then because they've been made to look like losers.

Guest Jimmy Redman

Jung has pretty much summed it up in a nutshell.

Its the same thing that happened with Angle/AJ, and its will happen here if they even bother to reach that point.

Guest Jayfunk
Its the same thing that happened with Angle/AJ, and its will happen here if they even bother to reach that point.

No it didn't. AJ came out of that fued looking great. As i said before people seem to think this is WCW again, it isn't this fued has been the most creative TNA has been this year. I think AJ will get his World title run at Final Resolution and ultimately they younger guys will look better which is the point, people compare this to the millionaries club fued but that actually worked to a degree but it was simply too late. In TNA it isn't as they are not in decline but on the rise.

Guest Jimmy Redman
No it didn't. AJ came out of that fued looking great.

Bullsh*t. BULLSH*T. AJ was BURIED for the entirety of that feud, and I cannot believe that anyone could think otherwise. Kurt Angle kicked his ass every single week on TV for two straight months, every single week, which made AJ look like THE biggest loser on the planet. If you even try and mention the word "heat" I will e-strangle you, because it is not building "heat" at all, it is burial which does the exact opposite.

I know you'll tell me that AJ got the win in the end, but it means sh*t because firstly nobody freaking buys TNA PPVs, so for the majority of Impact viewers, all they see is AJ being destroyed every week. And again, if you bury someone for so long the eventual victory means nothing. He beat Kurt clean ONCE in at least 3 PPV matches (and even then he still got dropped by Sting afterwards) then only won the blow-off ladder match with the help of Jarrett's guitar! That is NOT putting someone over.

If TNA actually do succeed and have Joe and AJ coming out of this as stars, then I'll eat my words. I am, however, not holding my breath because they NEVER deliver on these promises. They had a chance to make Joe something when Angle came in, instead they let Kurt beat him straight up and kill his invincible aura. They had a chance to make AJ something when they put him with Angle recently, instead they had Angle destroy him. We clamoured for years for them to give Joe the belt. They had a chance in 2006, they didnt take it. They had a chance in 2007, they didnt take it. Then when they finally did, even though it was 2 years later, we said Hallelujah and thought maybe they'd finally take their chance. 6 months on, Joe had one of the worst booked world title reigns in recent memory that absolutely killed his character. Any time they have a chance to make something out of one of their own, they never take the chance.

Now, we have another chance to build up the young guys, and we have guys sat here hoping that maybe they'll do it this time, and we have guys like you TWP who are saying that they ARE going to do it this time, and then you have guys, like me, who have given up almost all hope in TNA that they will ever do it.

Edited by Jimmy Redman

• Join the Club!

Become a member to participate in the forums and our Fan Clubs.

• Latest Club Activity