Fan Clubs (beta)

Open Club  ·  55 members  ·  Free

Wrestling

TNA-WWE Trades

Guest DarkMatchJobber

Guest DarkMatchJobber

Imagine for a moment that wrestlers didn't need to wait for their contracts to be expiring before jumping ship to a rival organisation and that the competing companies TNA and WWE had a good business relationship and when they were after new talent they would do trades so that neither is left short of star names.

5 trades,which would you do and remember to make them as fair and reasonable as possible.

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Have to agree with Mr. Perfect. If wrestlers were jumping ship whenever they pleased then the WWE and TNA business relationship wouldn't be a good one.

Wrestlers who are involved in storylines wouldn't be looked kindly upon for breaking their contract and taking off for a rival company.

I would give the *good* business relationship enough time for the first wrestler to go and then it would be all downhill from there.

EDIT: Besides Gail Kim, who does TNA have that would fit into the WWE lineup. The WWE has the name recognition that TNA doesn't have and most of TNA's biggest stars are former WWE rejects.

Edited by Fiona

Guest Al Stevens
EDIT: Besides Gail Kim, who does TNA have that would fit into the WWE lineup. The WWE has the name recognition that TNA doesn't have and most of TNA's biggest stars are former WWE rejects.

Care there Fi with the WWE rejects we dont want some people on here to lose there tempter and say that they are not WWE Rejects this that and another.

Once again I agree with the come common answer that it wouldn't happen. I mean it would be like sony and Mircosoft, BBC and ITV working together. It would never happen because the difference in option and methodologys.

Care there Fi with the WWE rejects we dont want some people on here to lose there tempter and say that they are not WWE Rejects this that and another.

But they are rejects aren't they. I mean who would you rather work for a company that play's to millions around the world or a couple of hundred thousand. Not knocking TNA but it's the truth. If I had a choice I would rather be with the number one company.

Guest HH-Evolution
Sometimes it's a personal choice - be it down to winding down a career, looking for a less stressful environment, or to just have less of a demanding schedule - just because they go to TNA doesn't make them a reject necessarily...there ARE some reasons I can understand entirely!

Guest Jayfunk
But they are rejects aren't they. I mean who would you rather work for a company that play's to millions around the world or a couple of hundred thousand. Not knocking TNA but it's the truth. If I had a choice I would rather be with the number one company.

Simply put- no, they are not rejects. Sometimes things just don't work out and there are disadvantages with working with the No. 1 company such as HHH said the demanding schedule and also the loss of artistic creditability (also as I said before- was Austin a reject? Nope, but if you use this logic then he was, but he was a true superstar so the term reject means next to nothing).

Edited by TPIB

Simply put no they are not rejects. Sometimes things just don't work out and there is disadvantages with working with the no 1 company such as HHH said the demanding schedule and also the loss of artistic creditability (also as i said before was Austin a reject? nope but if you just this logic then he was but he was a true superstar so the term reject means next to nothing)

It just seems to me that almost every wrestler who gets released from the WWE looks at TNA for a job. Kenny Dykstra just remarked that he might give TNA a chance after being released from his WWE contract. You can call it what you want but if a wrestler quits because of the grueling work schedule then I can understand why they may want to go to a company where it isn't so bad. But if a wrestler is released because of creative differences or another such reason then they have been rejected.

Maybe the term reject is harsh but what would you call it?

Guest HH-Evolution
Perhaps instead of criticising at this point, you instead all play this 'What if' game - Disregarding the reality of the subject, essentially there IS a topic in this tangled mess of logic and reasoning if you play along with the idea, after all. :P

Simply put no they are not rejects. Sometimes things just don't work out and there is disadvantages with working with the no 1 company such as HHH said the demanding schedule and also the loss of artistic creditability (also as i said before was Austin a reject? nope but if you just this logic then he was but he was a true superstar so the term reject means next to nothing)

Yes, yes they are...

Rhyno, released by WWE

Dudley Brothers, released by WWE.

Kurt Angle, released by WWE

Christian, released by WWE

Should I continue with the rejections?

Guest Jayfunk
Yes, yes they are...

Rhyno, released by WWE

Dudley Brothers, released by WWE.

Kurt Angle, released by WWE

Christian, released by WWE

Should I continue with the rejections?

I don't think Cage was released. I am not saying they weren't released but so was Austin. My point is that the label reject is a negative label and it is a term that is pointless as we all saw what happened to Austin after being a WCW reject. Any wrestler that leaves employment of any company be it WWE, WCW or TNA are free agents and that is how any of them should be seen (as if people actually respect wrestlers for what they do).

Edited by TPIB

If they are not wanted there anymore they are rejected, hence a reject.

Are you trying to tell me that all those TNA rejects will be welcomed back with opened arms?

I don't think so, where is my reject stamp to put on their photos.

There is a huge difference with leaving a company because you decide to and being released because they won't renew your contract.

If you leave under your own power then you can call yourself anything you want but if you leave because you are told too, you are a reject. That's the way I see it and that's my opinion.

• Join the Club!

Become a member to participate in the forums and our Fan Clubs.

• Latest Club Activity