Guest FreeSpirit

Guest FreeSpirit

Preview:

Venue:

Soundstage 21 of Universal Studios - Orlando, Florida

TV Schedule:

USA: Sunday 7th December on PPV at 8e/5p - LIVE

UK: Wednesday 10th December on Bravo 2 at 9pm

TNA Final Resolution 2008 will be a professional wrestling pay-per-view event produced by Total Nonstop Action Wrestling, which will take place on Sunday 7th December 2008 at the TNA iMPACT Zone in Orlando, Florida.

It will be the fifth event under the Final Resolution chronology. Final Resolution is usually held in the month of January, however, TNA moved the event to December in early October of 2008. Having two Final Resolutions taking place in 2008; one in January and one in December. The Promotional Poster features The Main Event Mafia, and the tagline for the event is "Respect Is Earned"

In the battle for respect and power in Total Nonstop Action Wrestling, there's a new dominant force with The Main Event Mafia. Comprised of Sting, Kurt Angle, Booker T, Kevin Nash and Scott Steiner, they are among the greatest wrestling superstars ever assembled into one alliance. The question is - can anyone in TNA Wrestling stop The Main Event Mafia?

Thus far, no one has been able to - but a movement led by young lions like Samoa Joe and AJ Styles are stepping up to answer the challenge. Along with superstars like "Black Machismo" Jay Lethal, The Motor City Machineguns and Eric Young, these TNA originals are out to prove to that no one - not even the Main Event Mafia - can deny their future as the best in the sport!

Matches:

*TNA World Heavyweight Title Match:

AJ Styles, Samoa Joe & Two Partners Of Their Choice vs. Sting, Booker T, Kevin Nash & Scott Steiner

NOTE: If The Mafia wins, Sting retains the TNA title but if the TNA guys win, AJ becomes champion.

*Rhino vs. Kurt Angle.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Only in TNA........:lol
Unfortunately not; WCW did it (it's how David Arquette became champion) and WWE have been there also (The Rock pinned Vince to take the WWE title away from Triple H).

To be fair to those two examples though, at least the guy who got the pinfall became champion. To have a match where a wrestler can pin someone (including the current champion) and then have his partner, who was not part of the decision, become the title-holder is idiotic.

Guest Frank Botch
and WWE have been there also (The Rock pinned Vince to take the WWE title away from Triple H).

I was just going to post that,anyone remember when this was?

Guest Jayfunk
WCW also did it at the bash at the beach 1999 that is how Randy Savage won it. I don't think the younger guys will win it, I think AJ will win the gold at Genesis

Guest DarkMatchJobber
NOTE: If The Mafia wins, Sting retains the TNA title but if the TNA guys win, AJ becomes champion

Stupid stipulation and I can't believe it was even allowed past the idea stage.

Why can't they just do a simple 8 man tag where if the homegrown team wins the person who gets the deciding fall becomes number one contender but if the mafia win then the person they get the deciding fall on is fired from TNA.

Rhino vs Kurt Angle should be a good match if given a decent amount of time to be played out.

Guest Jimmy Redman
Stupid stipulation and I can't believe it was even allowed past the idea stage.

Why can't they just do a simple 8 man tag where if the homegrown team wins the person who gets the deciding fall becomes number one contender but if the mafia win then the person they get the deciding fall on is fired from TNA.

Rhino vs Kurt Angle should be a good match if given a decent amount of time to be played out.

Because thats stupid too. You'd end up having (in logic land) partners fighting each other for the winning pin, and why would they want anyone fired?

Guest Jayfunk

its a thing to add something to the match to make it more exciting :roll

The MEM will win the match. As i said i think AJ will get his title in the new year

Guest Jimmy Redman
its a thing to add something to the match to make it more exciting :roll

The MEM will win the match. As i said i think AJ will get his title in the new year

You can say that about any stupid gimmick TNA come up with, doesnt mean its not stupid.

MEM winning the match, as I'm pretty sure they will, is also a huge load of bollocks. We beat you all in singles matches last time, lets beat you all together in a tag match this time.

Guest Jayfunk
You can say that about any stupid gimmick TNA come up with, doesnt mean its not stupid.

MEM winning the match, as I'm pretty sure they will, is also a huge load of bollocks. We beat you all in singles matches last time, lets beat you all together in a tag match this time.

you wouldn't have to worry about it as i doubt you will watch the PPV

Guest Jimmy Redman

Ouchy, however I'd watch it if I could ever find a decent stream. Before you b*tch about that, I cant even afford WWE PPVs, so thats the only way I could. If I'm home on a PPV morning I do try and watch it.

You seem to have this idea that I just rag on TNA for the sake of it, and dont even watch the shows. Like I said the other day, I want TNA to do well, and I like being able to watch Impact, no matter how stupid I find it, and I'd watch PPVs if I could, especially because they're better than TV.

Edited by Jimmy Redman

Guest bigmatt

I love this mindset. I can just see the creative meeting now.

Russo this shit doesn't make any sense.

That's where your wrong it doesn't make any sense to 20,000 people but the rest of the 6 billion people are blissfully unaware.

Guest Jayfunk

it does makes sense and as it has been said before most promotions have done this gimmick before.

You seem to have this idea that I just rag on TNA for the sake of it, and dont even watch the shows. Like I said the other day, I want TNA to do well, and I like being able to watch Impact, no matter how stupid I find it, and I'd watch PPVs if I could, especially because they're better than TV

I undertsand that my point was you were comenting on storylines but missing a part of them, an important part of them if you watched the angle vs aj macthes there is no way AJ came off bad they were great matches and built to future storylines with sting

Guest Jimmy Redman
it does makes sense and as it has been said before most promotions have done this gimmick before.

I undertsand that my point was you were comenting on storylines but missing a part of them, an important part of them if you watched the angle vs aj macthes there is no way AJ came off bad they were great matches and built to future storylines with sting

Having a great match has nothing to do with it. If you think that having AJ beat down on TV for 2 months, regardless of how good his PPV match was, made him look good, we need to stop discussing it.

I love this mindset. I can just see the creative meeting now.

Russo this shit doesn't make any sense.

That's where your wrong it doesn't make any sense to 20,000 people but the rest of the 6 billion people are blissfully unaware.

There's a WCW Quote to the same effect, I'm sure. The evidence just keeps piling up, really.

Guest Jayfunk
to be fair JR i have to buy my Impact's as i don't have sky so i watch them back to back over a few days so the storylines come through much better than over 4 or 5 weeks so to me it makes sense

• Join the Club!

Become a member to participate in the forums and our Fan Clubs.

• Latest Club Activity