Fan Clubs (beta)

Open Club  ·  55 members  ·  Free

Wrestling

The Burning Question: Will Jeff Hardy Ever Fulfill His Main-Event Potential?

Guest DarkMatchJobber

Will Jeff Fulfill His Potential?  

36 members have voted

1. 1. Will Jeff Fulfill His Potential?

• Yes
    • No

Guest DarkMatchJobber

I am going to make this a weekly thread where I take a commonly asked question that has consistently raised debate amongst wrestling fans and put it to the good people here on TWO.

(please message me with any question ideas for future threads)

For the first one I decided to start with one which has bugged me for quite a while now....Jeff Hardy

The question is will he ever fulfill his main event potential that many have argued he has for years?

When the Hardy Boys were a regular tag-team he was often regarded as the future star of the group in much the same way that Shawn Michaels was predicted to be the breakout star from the Rockers.

Of course there have been comparisons between Jeff and HBK and on occasion it hasn't been hard to see why with both having demonstrated a commitment to entertaining the fans even at the risk of their own physical/mental well being.

When Jeff returned to the WWE in 2006 it appeared the company was ready to push him as the star that many felt he could be but since then it seems that every time he has been achingly close to reaching the pinnacle of his career he has messed things up for himself with badly timed suspensions or incidents outside of the ring (admittedly some incidents such as his house fire were not his fault).

So is Jeff one of those wrestlers destined to always come close to reaching his potential but through a combination of bad luck,bad timing and bad judgment miss out?

Or do you think Jeff will realise his potential and become the main event star many are still convinced he can be?

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am going to make this a weekly thread where I take a commonly asked question that has consistently raised debate amongst wrestling fans and put it to the good people here on TWO.

(please message me with any question ideas for future threads)

I stoped reading after this.

:lol

Anyway, he has no main event potential. This question wouldn't even be asked, if wrestling was in a strong state. It's only because of the massive lack of talent in modern wrestling, that such a mediocre talent could be considered for a main event spot. He should be a midcarder for life or back in the tag ranks with his incredibly boring brother.

Guest DarkMatchJobber

If you're not going to contribute to the topic of the thread then why bother replying at all?

I create threads which I think people will find interesting and want to reply to but it seems that there is always someone determined to disrupt things and take cheap shots.

Guest Jayfunk
He will but I don't want him to as I don't consider him World Champion material. IC/US maybe, but not World. IMO, he isn't good enough. Edited by TPIB

Personally, I hope Jeff does realize his potential. I've a massive fan of his, always have been and I would love to see him take the belt, if only for a few weeks. I have no doubt he wont become champion by beating HHH, he'll take it off Kozlov in a cheap victory or something like that, and then lose it two weeks later. He'es one of, if not themost over face on the entire roster and I honestly believe the only reason he isn't holding a championship belt now is because he was stupid enough to get himself suspended.

I don't know when he'll do it but I honestly believe he will become champion sometime.

Edited by TPIB

The REALLY big question... what main event potential ?

I joke, slightly.

If the 'E want to make the most of Hardy's fanbase, they REALLY need to take advantage of it ASAP. They seem to really be testing the water - pushing and pushing the fans to see how long they will support him for, they better time that comeback and 'big win' just perfectly.

Unless someone comes along from nowhere and changes the face of wrestling forever then I'd say Hardy is got a nice little place near the top of the card for him.

I don't believe he has this 'main event potential' that you are claiming, but will be in a good position that occasionally participating in big matches will be absolutely fine without ever headlining the company.

Guest Nemesis Enforcer

In a word No.

I can't see Jeff Hardy ever holding the World Title to be honest, the only way I could see it happening is if he is the last resort (say if HHH, Edge, Taker were all out at once) as Jeff has a stigma about him that will be hard to shake and that stigma is he folds under pressure

Everytime he was in line for the main title he screwed up, either no-showing or was caught with drugs, and since he has only one strike left before he is fired and his rep I can't see Vince and co taking the chance that their champ will get busted and be fired while holding the belt (look at what happened with RVD after he was arrested while champ)

Guest Jericho123
I get the feeling that if Hardy is added to the match at Survivor Series, he could well pin Koslov and become champ, that way Trips doesn't have to do the job and he can enter the Rumble and win then go into Mania as the baby face challenger, don't forget HHH hasn't won at Mania for a long time so I can't see him going in as current Champ. I think they will take a chance on Jeff, at least for a short time anyway.

Guest THE Stately
The real question should be more like "Will Jeff's employers ever trust him enough to make him world champ?" I'll vote a big "No" on that, just because every time he gets close, he f'ks up...and he's got to be pretty close to double-secret probation at the present as it is. Can't blame them for having trepidation. What kind of a nightmare would it be if your champ showed up at a PR function trashed or flunked his third (at least) drug test???

:lol:lol

If you're not going to contribute to the topic of the thread then why bother replying at all?

I create threads which I think people will find interesting and want to reply to but it seems that there is always someone determined to disrupt things and take cheap shots.

Why would we PM our thoughts to you to start threads? Why wouldn't we just start them on our own? On topic as you mentioned it in your first post.

then your a prick

King's not a pr*ck. Where did you get that from?

In a word No.

Give yourself a slap NE.

I hope he becomes champ I like Jeff Hardy and think he paid his dues. Yes he has screwed up time and time again but a lot of other people have too. Besides Cena is coming back and he'll be in the hunt too. So if Jeff is going to win better be soon.

Guest Hanahbananabob
I would love to see Jeff Hardy hold the title at some point (seeing as he is my favourite wrestler!) but i dont think he's quite ready for it yet....He has some excellent matches and some not so good matches and i think if he's gonna be champion he needs to constantly have great matches....But i do think his wrestling has improved greatly over the last few years, he can create an excellent match without having to use ladders or tables etc now

Guest HH-Evolution

I'm placing myself squarely in the Yes camp too - right now, he's the freshest face they have in the direct main event scene for the championship who hasn't held one of the 3 'WWE-major' world titles.

That, and they would love to feed off the crapload of controversy his win would create! :D

Guest DarkMatchJobber
I think that Jeff's best chance of realising his potential might be turning heel in a similar fashion to how Edge did a few years ago.

• Join the Club!

Become a member to participate in the forums and our Fan Clubs.

• Latest Club Activity