Fan Clubs (beta)

Open Club  ·  55 members  ·  Free

Wrestling

SmackDown Discussion Thread - 28th November 2008

Guest FreeSpirit

What did you think of this week's episode of WWE SmackDown?  

8 members have voted

1. 1. What did you think of this week's episode of WWE SmackDown?

• Very Good
    • Good
    • Average
    • Poor
    • Very Poor

Guest FreeSpirit

Preview:

Venue:

The Times Union Center - Albany, New York

TV Schedule:

Friday 28th November

UK: Sky Sports 3 at 10pm

USA: MyNetwork TV at 8/7c

SmackDown's Fallout From Survivor Series

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest FreeSpirit

Spoilers:

Credit:

wrestlezone.com

WWE taped this week's edition of SmackDown from the Times Union Center in Albany, New York.

SmackDown (Airing this Friday)

* A Survivor Series video package is shown as SmackDown opens. Vickie Guerrero is in the ring. She welcomes the new WWE Champion, Edge. Edge's music hits and he comes to the ring. Security is lining the entrance ramp.

Edge gets on the mic and rants about Jeff Hardy. Jeff comes out and attempt to attack Edge but security stops him. Vladimir Kozlov comes to the ring. Vickie Guerrero announces three beat-the-clock matches.

* Jeff Hardy b. The Brian Kendrick in a beat-the-clock match.

- Jeff gets the win with a swanton bomb at 12 minutes 13 seconds.

* Matt Hardy vs. Vladimir Kozlov & Triple H vs. Shelton Benjamin in beat-the-clock matches are announced for later tonight.

* Matt Hardy is backstage saying hes going to do whatever it takes for Jeff to win the gold.

* A Six-Diva tag match is up next.

* Maryse, Natalya, & Victoria b. Michelle McCool, & The Bella Twins

- Brie Bella accidentally clotheslines her sister. Maryse gets the win via pinfall. After the match Maria comes out to ringside and slaps Candice.

* A John Cena video package highlighting his match against Kane on next week's Raw is shown.

* A Tribute to the Troops video package is shown.

* Matt Hardy vs. Vladimir Kozlov

- Vladimir Kozlov doesn't beat the clock; therefore Hardy still stands.

* Jesse & Festus b. The Miz & John Morrison

- During the match The Miz & John Morrison steal the bell and ring it. The match gets thrown out.

* Ken Kennedy interviews Triple H backstage. Hunter says he'll beat Shelton in 12:13.

* Triple H vs. Shelton Benjamin in a beat-the-clock main event

- Shelton begins the match running around the ring scared. Triple H hits a spinebuster followed by a reverse pedigree. The referee is knocked out. Hunter connects with a pedigree, wakes up the referee, and pins Shelton. Referee Charles Robinson comes out and says he didn't get the three-count. They show a replay. Justin Roberts comes out and announces a tie. Hunter and Shelton Benjamin stare each other down.

Guest Al Stevens
Two questions...

1) Why did Maria slap Candice?

2) What is a reverse Pedigree?

Two answers:

1) Who wouldn't want to slap Candice :lol

2) I have no idea however the idea could be it would look like a messed up version of the money maker which has the person taking it land on there back.... Either way it's going to be interesting to see it on Friday night

Guest Chriscare
2) I have no idea however the idea could be it would look like a messed up version of the money maker which has the person taking it land on there back.... Either way it's going to be interesting to see it on Friday night

I don't believe for a second that Triple H would try anything new. I'll bet anything the guy just typed it wrong and Jeff Hardy reverses a Pedigree

Guest Al Stevens
I don't believe for a second that Triple H would try anything new. I'll bet anything the guy just typed it wrong and Jeff Hardy reverses a Pedigree

Or that as well :lol

Surely something better to do then interveiw people...

Oh I agree maybe he could do announcing (gives us an excuse to get Cole off RAW :lol)

Guest Jimmy Redman

OK people, its the Smackdown return of Hillbilly J- ...Mike Kn- ...Edge! We recap Survivor Series and having seen Edge's beard for the first time, Mike Knox > Edge fo' damn sure.

We open Smackdown in the best way possible, with Vickie Guerrero. She is very excited, as you can well imagine, and she really looks like she's enjoying this. Edge comes out, Vickie holds out her arms and they tease Edge rejection her, for some odd reason. Edge talks. Not very interesting. They go for a semi-worked-shoot angle by blaming Jeff for being "irresponsible", I guess by letting himself be attacked. That wacky Jeff. Speaking of witches, Jeff runs out to a big pop but is stopped by security, ditto HHH. Back in the ring, Kozlov appears out of nowhere, with no more security to help them. OK, that was cool. Kozlov speaks. Vickie speaks and suddenly Jeff and HHH stop struggling and stand there, which looks a bit funny. For a second I thought they'd C+P the three-way from Raw, but instead she announces a Beat The Clock challenge to decide the new No. 1 Contender. Where would Smackdown be without Beat The Clock?

Back from the break, Jeff is sitting in the corner of the ring. I really like this, it fits Psycho Jeff. When they delayed his opponent I was hoping for Umaga, but instead we get...Kendrick? Way to stack the odds Vickie. Kendrick tries his hardest to waste time, while Jeff stands around, which looks pretty stupid. We break at about 5 minutes. This clock sure makes it easier for me to time the matches. Kendrick continues to waste time and have the upper hand. They're playing it like Jeff is still injured, which makes a bit of sense, but it still looks silly, he is not rushing at all. At all. Eventually he puts Kendrick in the Tree of Woe and hits the springboard dropkick, which was cool. Jeff hits a powerbomb into flapjack, if that makes sense, and then the Swanton for the win at 12.13. Pretty good match. Jeff looks pissed, like the time wasnt good enough, which it certainly wasnt.

I had a feeling that Kozlov would face Matt Hardy, and I felt right. That and HHH v Shelton are announced, the latter of which sounds good.

Backstage, Matt talks to Eve. He accuses Edge and Vickie of attacking Jeff. Imagine!

The Bella twins are out for some good ol' 6-man tag action. Huge LOL for whoever said that it was Nikki who wears red hair ties, they both are wearing them. I suppose if you're doing the switching twins gimmick, they need to be indistinguishable. 6-man means we have Nattie, we have MARYSE returning to our screens, and most importantly, we have VICTORIA! Nattie does a great surfboard on Brie/Nikki. Maryse does a reverse Russian Leg Sweep, the name of which escapes me, on Brie/Nikki, before Brie/Nikki hits a hugely botched Jawbreaker and hot tags Michelle. Michelle does a great job cleaning house here, before Maryse SLAPS Brie/Nikki, who comes into the ring and aims for Maryse but accidentally hits Michelle! Ohnoez! Maryse for the win. Michelle is PISSED, absolutely pissed. She yells at Brie and Nikki (because she doesnt know which one did it, I'll bet..) before Maria the Peacemaker comes out to defuse the situation. Michelle PUSHES MARIA DOWN! OHNOEZ! Michelle deathglares the three of them and leaves with her title, saying "You'll never get this!" HEELNESS MOTHERF*CKER! Heel Michelle! This RULES.

Back from the break, Kozlov is in the ring. Big pop for Matt. Somewhere we have a HurraPop, announcing his return NEXT WEEK! Its about bloody time. The first five minutes before the break were, dare I say, decent. Nothing more, but Matt had a fair bit of control with headlocks and stalling, which was good. Sternum Headbutts of DOOM before the break at just under 7 minutes left. Matt has Bam Neely, Mark Henry and Mr Kennedy on his "I got your best match out of you" list, can he add, of all people, Kozlov? Find out, after the break. Back, there is 3 and something minutes left. Kozlov almost-botches a bottom rope fall away slam, hilariously. Matt hits a Side Effect with about a minute to go. Kozlov almost gets counted out. This is good stuff. Kozlov counters the Twist of Fate by pushing Matt all the way out of the ring, 15 seconds! Matt shoulders Kozlov away on the apron and stays out of the ring to get to zero. Yeah! Matt takes his ECW belt and runs, Kozlov looks mildly pissed. That was actually good, and I think Matt can actually add the Kozlov feather to his 'Best Match' cap, which is startling considering the tripe Kozlov produced only a few days beforehand.

Backstage, Jeff is happy. He turns around into, predictably, HHH. We stare down.

In the ring is Biscuits and Gravy. We are facing Miz and Morrison, thats right, the Wet Willie of Doom. Their combo move really needs a name, something much easier than the Catapult-into-Forearm-into-Knees-into-Elbow Drop. Hot tag to Festus, before Morrison again goes out and rings the bell. Jesse is pissed, so he clotheslines Morrison outside, throws him back in and rings the bell again. Good stuff. Miz hits Jesse and rings the bell again, and he and Morrison bash Jesse outside. They get disqualified. They then bring the bell into the ring to Festus. Miz plays with Gravy, Morrison rings the bell for a second for a joke. Ahahaha great. Miz does it back to Morrison. Now, Morrison rings it as Miz mimics Gravy. Ahahaha this is awesome! The crowd loves this, we get a "One more time!" chant. Jesse runs in to get hit with the bell. Morrison and Miz celebrate, the latter accidentally drops the hammer onto the bell, Gravy clears house. That was AWESOME.

Backstage, Mr Kennedy (!) plugs his movie and interviews HHH. They joke about his Raw segment, so they do realise how sh*t it was, thank God. Da Game says "Watch me" beat Shelton. I'm sure.

Its time for your main event, HHH v Shelton. Trips goes for not one, not two, but 3 Pedigrees in the first 2 minutes. Failure. Shelton stalls outside. HHH uses the Crippler Crossface (!), which is also a great way to eat up time, nice work Trippers. Back from the break, we have about 5 minutes left. Shelton is working the rest holds like a champ. Trips comes back, Shelton keeps running out of the ring. HHH throws him over the announce table twice, and into the steps, in frustration. This is good stuff, I like it. We have a REF BUMP! Ohnoez, huge shenanigans await. HHH hits the Pedigree with about 30 seconds left, and no ref. The ref finally counts the three exactly as the buzzer goes. I see what you did there. I wonder how many people will complain about the career burial of Shelton Benjamin, being pinned over 30 seconds after taking a Pedigree. Booker T done got nothing on that. Anyway, Referee Chad Patton raises Da Game's hand, but Referee Charles Robinson runs out (!) all "Nuh-uh biatch", and they decide that HHH and Jeff have drawn. Jeff comes out in his hoodie to stare at HHH, end scene.

That was an amazingly good episode, even by Smackdown standards. Vickie was great and Edge hasnt bored me yet. All the Clock matches were great (Matt/Kozlov was great by Kozlov standards), with utterly logical stories and the worst outcome (Kozlov) avoided completely. Furthermore, I really liked that the shortest BTC time was over 12 minutes, usually BTC matches end up being super short, which is stupid. Miz and Morrison playing with Biscuits and Gravy was fantastic, as was heel Michelle. All great stuff, watch watch watch.

EDIT: To reitterate for those wondering, Maria doesnt slap anyone, and there's no such thing as a reverse Pedigree.

Edited by Jimmy Redman

Guest Chriscare

Awesome Smackdown this week.

The opening with Edge was great, so glad he's back.

I thought all the Beat The Clock matches were fantastic. All 3 men were put against opponents who'd I'd love to see them feud with in the near future. Hardy vs Koslov was definitely the match of the night.

The womens tag match was actually pretty good which took me by surprise (well, the last half anyway, I dont remember the first part. And Miz and Morrison was pretty fun.

Miz and Morrison are the greatest tag team of all time. And I'm not even kidding.

THE. GREATEST. OF. ALL. TIME.

Edge still bores the ever loving shite out of me, beard or no beard. Smackdown has picked up recently after a pretty bland period with Matt and Miz/Morrison and whatnot added to their cards again but, Goddamn, Edge, Triple H and Jeff Hardy circulating around the Smackdown main event until Mania? Fucking kill me now.

Wise that they're turning Michelle heel because she's the most detestable babyface in the history of professional wrestling and I'm including Shawn Michaels circa 1996 in that. Don't even need to change jackshit about her character either, just have her do the exact same entrance and shit and people will hate her. Maryse fucking RULES too and not even just in a you'd-spend-about-a-year-in-her kinda way.

Edited by Naitch

Guest Jimmy Redman
Maryse fucking RULES too and not even just in a you'd-spend-about-a-year-in-her kinda way.

Maryse had a great heel run a couple of months ago, where she'd punk out some poor babyface (or Michelle) backstage in the greatest "Oh snap!" kind of way, then come out for her match as the smarmiest heel alive, then do an arm drag and then celebrate like she'd cured cancer. It probably didnt even last a month, but who cares, it was great. Maryse is underrated.

Agreed with everything else too, minus Jeff Hardy and, you know, hating Michelle. I love the heel turn though, because I think I am literally the only person watching the WWE that actually likes her. Well, me and Taker.

Guest Jayfunk
Miz and Morrison are the greatest tag team of all time. And I'm not even kidding.

THE. GREATEST. OF. ALL. TIME.

:lol :lol

they aren't even the greatest of this week!

• Join the Club!

Become a member to participate in the forums and our Fan Clubs.

• Latest Club Activity