Fan Clubs (beta)

PS3: Sega MegaDrive Ultimate Collection

Fletch

'Sega Mega Drive Ultimate Collection' contains over 40 celebrated Sega classics in one package; making it the largest collection of Sega first party games ever offered. Featured games include Sonic The Hedgehog 1, 2 and 3, Columns, Alien Storm, Ecco The Dolphin, Space Harrier, and cult classic, Streets Of Rage 1, 2 and 3.

The games in the collection have been reproduced with the utmost detail and accuracy to commend their originals. In addition, 'Sega Mega Drive Ultimate Collection' can output the games in 720p with higher resolution graphics for HD televisions, bringing a new visual richness to these classic titles.

Includes the following games

Alex Kidd In The Enchanted Castle

Alien Storm

Altered Beast

Beyond Oasis

Bonanza Bros.

Columns

Comix Zone

Decap Attack starring Chuck D. Head

Dr. Robotnik's MBM

Dynamite Headdy

Ecco The Dolphin

Ecco II: The Tides Of Time

E-Swat

Fatal Labyrinth

Flicky

Gain Ground

Golden Axe I

Golden Axe II

Golden Axe III

Kid Chameleon

Phantasy Star II

Phantasy Star III: Generations Of Doom

Phantasy Star IV: The End Of The Millennium

Ristar

Shining In The Darkness

Shining Force

Shining Force 2

Shinobi III: Return Of The Ninja Master

Sonic 3D Blast

Sonic And Knuckles

Sonic Spinball

Sonic The Hedgehog

Sonic The Hedgehog 2

Sonic The Hedgehog 3

Streets Of Rage

Streets Of Rage 2

Streets Of Rage 3

Super Thunder Blade

Vectorman

Vectorman 2

Credit to HMV

Looks like a must buy for me. Released in March. I guess we're not gonna be getting Next Gen SoR anytime soon, but at least we can get HD Streets Of Rage for now.

Guest Jayfunk
They're essentially the same game, upscaled and reworked for the PS3. They did it before with Golden Axe and someothers in one of the collections for the PS2

well when you are playing them through an emulator it will be a large differences

Guest Al Stevens
well when you are playing them through an emulator it will be a large differences

There should be if you have a HD TV set up with a HDMI cable. I would personally say the games will look more polished than per normal on a emulator.

Of course you wont get this generations graphical power however it would probably look better than anything played on a emulator on a PC so to say. Unless said PC is the top of the range style monster which plays something like Far Cry 2 with out even breaking a sweat

Emulator's play ROM's of the original games, so no matter what setup, theyre gonna look 8/16 bit whatever the weather.

This Collection has the same games, same mechanics, stories etc, but with updated graphics, so SDTV or HDTV, theyre gonna look sweet as.

This looks sooooo cool. Finally a decent way of playing Alex Kidd:D

Now all we need is someone to turn Dizzy and Terminator into PS3 playable games(commodore 64 versions) and I'll be well happy:D

Don't mean to bring a downer on it all, but I always find retro gaming very... disappointing.

The games never live up to how I remembered them, so I've made a pact with myself not to retrogame so I don't ruin it for myself anymore.

Guest Evil Monkey
Don't mean to bring a downer on it all, but I always find retro gaming very... disappointing.

The games never live up to how I remembered them, so I've made a pact with myself not to retrogame so I don't ruin it for myself anymore.

agreed, but they are always enjoyable for a bit of fun. Shame I don't have a PS3

Guest Nemesis Enforcer

Alien Storm

Altered Beast

Columns

Ecco The Dolphin

Ecco II: The Tides Of Time

Golden Axe I

Golden Axe II

Golden Axe III

Kid Chameleon

Shinobi III: Return Of The Ninja Master

Sonic The Hedgehog

Sonic The Hedgehog 2

Sonic The Hedgehog 3

Streets Of Rage

Streets Of Rage 2

Streets Of Rage 3

Those game smake this a MUST buy for me, I am so going to preorder this long in advance!!!

As much as I loved Golden Axe as a kid, it's nowhere near as good as the worst PS3 games, so I obviously won't be buying this. I downloaded a lot of old games a few months ago, and after an hour or so, realised how bad they were. It's a shame people will buy it.

Guest Nemesis Enforcer

The PS3 Golden Axe: Beast Riders is only better then the original in regards to graphics IMO the story etc is crap and i'd take the original MegaDrive version over it any day of the week

Besides Streets Of Rage 2 is the best game I have ever played so its worth it for that alone :D

Guest Evil Monkey
The official release date is 27 Feb according to Play. Its also going to be released on the 360. Now all i have to do is decide whether it is worth getting, as I agree with comments already made about old games not being as enjoyable as when we were kids.

Guest Nemesis Enforcer
as I agree with comments already made about old games not being as enjoyable as when we were kids.
I had Sega Collection on PS2 and have to say for me the games on there were just as enjoyable to play as when I was a kid with my MegaDrive esspecially Super Hang On