Fan Clubs (beta)

Open Club  ·  55 members  ·  Free

Wrestling

TNA Announces New TV Show.

Guest ScottyB

Guest ScottyB
TNA have announced that in 2009, they will be debuting a new show entitled - TNA EPIX. The following is from TNAWrestling.com:
TOTAL NONSTOP ACTION WRESTLING ANNOUNCES NEW ONE-HOUR “TNA EPIX” PROGRAM TO BEGIN BROADCASTING IN 2009

Ongoing series to join “iMPACT!” and “Xplosion” as TNA’s leading broadcasts

TNA Wrestling is announcing the creation of a new one-hour television series, set to debut in early 2009.

“TNA Epix” will feature the most awe-inspiring and monumental moments, matches and superstars that shaped the face of TNA from its 2002 inception until today!

From the first TNA event in 2002 and the early Wednesday night Pay-Per-Views, to the Fox Sports Net era and the evolution of TNA on SpikeTV as well as the most recent wars inside the six-sided ring, the new program will include rare matches, archived footage, fresh historical commentary from the TNA superstars and so much more

“We are extremely excited about ‘Epix’ joining the TNA broadcasting universe,” said Kevin Sullivan, Director of TNA Television. “While ‘iMPACT!’ is undoubtedly the crown-jewel of our worldwide presence, ‘Epix’ will chronicle the amazing history of TNA and allow our fans to re-live some of their favorite moments.”

“Epix” will be produced by Bill Banks at TNA’s new state-of-the-art television headquarters in Nashville.

Check back to TNAwrestling.com in the coming weeks for more exclusive news on “TNA Epix”.

TNA Television currently produces over 350 hours of programming annually, including “iMPACT!”, Xplosion, International broadcasts, DVDs, SpikeTV specials, online videos and much more. In addition to “Epix”, TNA is already exploring additional broadcasting opportunities in 2009.

http://gawdalmighty.com/2008/12/tna-announces-new-tv-show/

I think they should focus on, and improve, what they currently have before they move on to other stuff.

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Cross The Line
So they're going to make the fans realise that the current TNA product is even poorer by airing shows from when it was actually good? Strange.

WWE 24/7.

This is a pretty good idea.

Guest Cross The Line
WWE 24/7 has over 20 years of great material. TNA have 4 years of good material and 2 years of crappy material.

Obviously WWE has more material.

I was merely pointing out the hypocrisy of a WWE fan saying 'so they're going to make the fans realise that the current TNA product is even poorer by airing shows from when it was actually good?'

WWE are airing shows from when it was actually good as well. Not just with 24/7, but also with shows such as Vintage Collection. Matches and angles which are far superior to the current fare.

If some non-wrestling fan sees the show, they may well see something like Joe vs. Daniels and be hooked.

It's also a chance to revisit the amazing adventures of TNA legends such as Nurse Veronica and the Johnsons.

Guest Jayfunk

If I didn't already own most of the TNA events (I am missing the first year and a half) I would think it is a great idea.

But on the comments about yesteryear quality. Its not much different than comparing the WWE 24/7 shows to todays product both promotions aren't as good as used to be in fact wrestling in general isn't as good as it used to be (IMO)!

Epix will be a nice way of bringing back some good old TNA matches for a newer audience that have never seen them before. but heck its TNA going some so i am sure its going to be crap :roll

Edited by Jayfunk

Obviously WWE has more material.

I was merely pointing out the hypocrisy of a WWE fan saying 'so they're going to make the fans realise that the current TNA product is even poorer by airing shows from when it was actually good?'

WWE are airing shows from when it was actually good as well. Not just with 24/7, but also with shows such as Vintage Collection. Matches and angles which are far superior to the current fare.

If some non-wrestling fan sees the show, they may well see something like Joe vs. Daniels and be hooked.

It's also a chance to revisit the amazing adventures of TNA legends such as Nurse Veronica and the Johnsons.

But the difference is, the current WWE product is actually good. It's far from bad. People watching WWE 24/7 know it's from over 10 years ago most of the time, they know it'll be different now. I doubt they expect to see the same people in the WWE now. TNA are showing things from less than 6 years ago, they'll be showing a lot of their current wrestlers when they were handled a lot better, and if people watch them now, they'll be dissapointed at what they've become.

and if people watch them now, they'll be dissapointed at what they've become.

i.e Daniels

The Fallen Angel was awesome, pretty much the only thing i liked about TNA, but then they let him/made him use his stupid arse Curry Man gimmick.

EDIT: His profile is gone from TNA's website?

Edited by Ryan

Guest Cross The Line

They may be, but with the exception of Samoa Joe, I don't think anybody's been mishandled that badly.

edit - Daniels was more over with the Curry Man gimmick than before and he was quite entertaining. He'll be back as the 'Fallen Angel' imminently anyway.

But he's been mishandled spectecularly. Most people pin-point rushing him into the Angle feud too quickly as a sort of demise for him and TNA, but what dissapointed me most was that they didn't do Jarrett-Samoa Joe at Bound for Glory 2006, and instead clumsily put Joe into the Monster's Ball.

I had no idea TNA even had a broadcasting universe even though Impact being claimed a crown jewel in their worldwide presence. HA HA haven't laughed so hard in years.

TNA Legends let's see would that be a group of former WWE superstars. HO HO here I go again.

So now TNA is coming out with a show that chronicles they're best. In other words a bunch of repeats that I didn't watch the first time. :lol

Guest Jayfunk
i.e Daniels

The Fallen Angel was awesome, pretty much the only thing i liked about TNA, but then they let him/made him use his stupid arse Curry Man gimmick.

EDIT: His profile is gone from TNA's website?

look at Impact Spoilers

Guest Citizen Kane
I honestly can't see how any 'new' viewers could take them seriously with that name. Granted, the actual stuff on screen won't help either, but damn, what a hideous name.

• Join the Club!

Become a member to participate in the forums and our Fan Clubs.

• Latest Club Activity