Fan Clubs

Comments That Don't Require Their Own Thread 2009

Dead Crow

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Nemesis Enforcer
You're living in the past, man, quit living in the past. Instead of missing 2007 Sunny, fall in love with 2009 Michelle McCool.
Cannot be done! and anyone who say they are in love with her are lying to themselves :P

Guest Jimmy Redman
Cannot be done! and anyone who say they are in love with her are lying to themselves :P

:(

I had a feeling that something was wrong. It must be all the lying.

Not that I'm in love with her, she flits between my second and third favourite on Smackdown, depending on where Maryse is at.

Actually I'm now reminded to change my sig. I was waiting for the spoilers to lift then I forgot about it.

EDIT: I love the old 'Legend Killer' Randy Orton. And by that I mean mainly IC Title reign Orton. The Orton/Foley angle was fantastic, as was their match. Orton/RVD on Raw was also killer, and thats probably my favourite Raw episode ever. Its funny though, moves of his like the feet-on-the-rope DDT and the backbreaker, I always thought he only started using them as a main eventer, but he was already using them back in 2003.

And on another note, I just saw the Layla boot throw on CM Punk at Survivor Series, finally, and it was amazing. I love Layla.

Edited by Jimmy Redman

Guest Nemesis Enforcer
When is Ted Jr. coming back?
When he finishes filming 'The Marine 2' which will be a month or two yet I would think

Guest DarkMatchJobber

A friend of mine forwarded a link to an interesting story from the WCW days when William Regal (as Lord Steven Regal) faced Goldberg in what was supposed to be a routine squash match but instead turned out to be one of the best matches Goldberg would ever have despite the fact that Regal started shooting on him from the opening bell!

I couldn't believe this and upon watching the match it was indeed a minor classic proving that Goldberg could wrestle!

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=BX8uinCPOu4

A friend of mine forwarded a link to an interesting story from the WCW days when William Regal (as Lord Steven Regal) faced Goldberg in what was supposed to be a routine squash match but instead turned out to be one of the best matches Goldberg would ever have despite the fact that Regal started shooting on him from the opening bell!

I couldn't believe this and upon watching the match it was indeed a minor classic proving that Goldberg could wrestle!

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=BX8uinCPOu4

Jesus, where to start?

First he didnt 'shoot' on Goldberg. He led the match and took Goldberg down a route he wasnt used to (and shouldnt have been wrestling), sure he took advantage of him but he didnt shoot. The match was... basic. Not a single thing outside of the jackhammer takes more than 3 training sessions to learn, and even then Goldberg looks clumsy and barely capable.

Minor classic my arse.

Guest Nemesis Enforcer
Of course if somebody had taken up the fan in Powerslam mags idea 'shooting' on someone would have meant a whole different thing, what with his idea for 'Shotgun' a wrestler who's finisher was to shoot his opponent with a shotgun when the refs back was turned :lol

Guest DarkMatchJobber
Jesus, where to start?

First he didnt 'shoot' on Goldberg. He led the match and took Goldberg down a route he wasnt used to (and shouldnt have been wrestling), sure he took advantage of him but he didnt shoot. The match was... basic. Not a single thing outside of the jackhammer takes more than 3 training sessions to learn, and even then Goldberg looks clumsy and barely capable.

Minor classic my arse.

I was told that in Regal's book he said he shot on Goldberg but when Goldberg realised what was happening he started hitting harder and actually applying some wrestling.

Jesus, where to start?

Minor classic my arse.

Yeah, it's not shooting so much as simply being stiff. Goldberg wasn't happy (which you can tell just by looking at him), but if Regal was shooting on Bill, he wouldn't be put into an armbar.

Oh, the drop-down into the leg-lock was very well done, but the rest is clumsy and second-day-of-training bad.

Guest DarkMatchJobber

I still think it was a refreshing change from the usual Goldberg squash match in WCW but firing Regal afterwards was just petty but at least he ended up in WWE.

Also was anyone surprised that Raven didn't form a WWE version of his Nest/Flock group during his last run in the company?

Just that someone with Raven's psychology and experience could have been a great mentor for some young talent both in the ring and when it comes to telling a story.