Fan Clubs

Whats your favourite ever WWE/WWF game?

Guest Sparkz180

Guest Sparkz180
Well, personally I have to say my favourite ever WWE/WWF game was either smackdown 2 (Know your role), 3 (Just bring it) or 5 which I can't remember the name for. I know the graphics and things in the older games were bad, but graphics aren't what make a good game. A good game is dependant on many things, one being how much fun you have while playing it. I love all three of these games because they all have the good game feel to them, I know it sounds cheesy but it's true. With these three games I couldn't care less about the graphics, their just so good (to me) that it doesn't matter. Infact I think I would choose those games over some of the newer ones.

Well its kind of impossible for me to choose just one.....so I'll choose 1 for each console I own!

Sega Master System - Don't have one.

Sega MegaDrive - WWF WrestleMania The Arcade Game

PS1 - WWF SmackDown

PS2 - WWE Smackdown Shut Your Mouth

Sega Mega CD - Since there was only one, I'm going to have to say WWF Rage in the Cage

GameCube - WWE WrestleMania X8

X-Box - Don't have one.

SNES - Don't have one.

NES - Don't have one.

N64 - Don't have one.

1. No Mercy (N64)

The greatest wrestling game ever made. One of the finest games full stop ever made. My mate had the original copy of the game, the one that had blood but completely wiped all its data from time to time and we used to play it religiously. Our stable was the Right to Ho, with us all wearing white suits and blue shirts and hats. Amazing then, still amazing today. It's control system was unique, easy to pick up and a bit harder to master. Amazingly in depth, still customisable and had one of the best Story Modes in any game. Love it, my copy of Perfect Dark doesnt even go in my N64 because of this game.

2. Day of Reckoning 2 (GCN)

A similar if updated sort of control system to that of No Mercy and WM2000 with the light and strong grapples, but not anywhere near as good a game. Still highly highly enjoyable though. Used the same engine as WM XIX and DoR1, but improved on both of those with a better roster and a better storyline.

3. SmackDown! vs RAW 2009

Yes its new and only been out a while. But it still kicks the ass of every other SmackDown title to date. It's still not THE quintessential WWE title we all long for, but it's a damn sight closer to it than before. Excellent game play, easy to use controls, amazing new features and certainly spawned 2 really great ideas for a first time, with the Highlight Reel and Road To WrestleMania modes.

Guest Jaycey Baby
I've never understood all the love shown to No Mercy. It's like Smackdown being played underwater by wrestlers with Downs Syndrome.

SmackDown 2 was incredible. In fairness, so was SmackDown 1, but SmackDown was just so much fun. I got months and months out of that game.

Even to this day i still think Smackdown 2 had the best career mode.

The other thing i loved about the game, and its very simple, is the Hardcore match that could have up to 4 players (Multi-Tap baby!) with a half an hour time-limit, the aim of the game was obviously one player had to play as Steve Blackman (unless you changed the Hardcore Champion) and you had to pin him to win the belt, but the match didnt end, you had to make sure you didnt get pinned by the time the match ends, so the title could change hands 20 times it wouldnt matter, whoever was the champion at the end.. was the champion! so much fun with that one, so simple!

And the hell in a cell was so simple yet so good, just one impact move on the square on top and that was it, you're toast! :lol, making me want to play it :lol

I did a story thread on the game, Here it is!

Edited by Ryan

The other thing i loved about the game, and its very simple, is the Hardcore match that could have up to 4 players (Multi-Tap baby!) [/url]

I hate to be all holier than though, but the N64 and GC both came with four controller ports as standard, so none of that forking out extra money for more friends!

Jaycey Baby - the N64 didn't have the most amazing graphics, but the way the game played was what made it so special, it was one of the most realistic games out there. You'd never get a cruiserweight scoop slamming viscera on No Mercy!

Guest Jayfunk

Smackdown 1 for the season mode the ablility to have events and go after belts not to focused on storyline (which i can do with out)

Smackdown 2 for the gameplay and multi player games (i miss those days at college when at lunch time we would play smackdown 2)

I know, its the way you said "multi tap baby!" as if the playstation was the first to have it, whereas the N64 had 4 ports anyway.

PS1 was released in 1994, N64 in 1996 (only in Japan, wasnt in the UK until 1997) So, who was the first to have it? :lol

But that wasnt how i ment it, i ment it as in "i just used a multi-tap, baby".

the multi-tap wasn't released at the same time as the PS though.

And this discussion is null and void because there was a console out in the 80's that had 4 controller ports, so neither of them were first.

I liked Attitude I think (It was the one with Stonecold on the front), that was when you could compete in a ranking structure and wrestle for belts etc. The only issue was that you had to arrange for a belt to change hands player to player.

I think it was season mode, when Jakks took over the franchise, I think they lost some of the fun of 4 player when it went back to the start with 1 on 1 nonsense and just choose a match and play.

There was something great about the computer selecting who you'd wrestle against on a show and what type of match. It kept the whole thing from getting stale, especially with 4 players.

Guest Peter K

On the N64, I loved WrestleMania 2000 & No Mercy whom was created by AKI (who also did WCW/nWo Revenge on the console) - you could easily get months out of the games!

Another games I've enjoyed was WWF Attitude, it's hard to believe Acclaim is no longer around! Throw in the first SmackDown! game on the PSOne and this year's edition too.

Guest Jayfunk
I liked Attitude I think (It was the one with Stonecold on the front), that was when you could compete in a ranking structure and wrestle for belts etc. The only issue was that you had to arrange for a belt to change hands player to player.

I think it was season mode, when Jakks took over the franchise, I think they lost some of the fun of 4 player when it went back to the start with 1 on 1 nonsense and just choose a match and play.

There was something great about the computer selecting who you'd wrestle against on a show and what type of match. It kept the whole thing from getting stale, especially with 4 players.

loved Attitiude. Hated the controls