Fan Clubs

Ask TWO

Kam

A new thread for 2009.

I saw this on the TWC forums and thought it would be a good idea if TWO had it too.

Pretty much, if you ask a question that you think isn't worth making a thread about like "What happened to....?" or "Where is....?" then ask it in here, and hopefully someone will answer it for you.

I'll start! Is anyone else having any issues with Sky+ and series linking WWE shows? Since the New Year I have to manually put the WWE shows in the planner each week, I can't series link them. Other shows seem fine.

• Replies 210
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Evil Monkey
I am having the same issue, but I do remember having the issue last year too. In a week or two it'll get back to normal hopefully!

A new thread for 2009.

I'll start! Is anyone else having any issues with Sky+ and series linking WWE shows? Since the New Year I have to manually put the WWE shows in the planner each week, I can't series link them. Other shows seem fine.

You have to ring Sky and they will guide you through on how to sort out the remote.I had a similar problem with recording and and it was the remote that was at fault.

SKY + is full of problems, every few months it goes senile then reverts back to normal. I'd say give it a couple of days, if it hasn't sorted then give SKY a call.

I have a question:

Why is it, after PPVs on the sunday, RAW sometimes shows a video highlight package of what went down, and sometimes they show absolutely nothing and expect people who haven't watched the PPV to know what happened?

I have just phoned sky. If you want to reset your remote did not work for me but....

press tv button

press select and blue button wait for it to flash twice

press number 2

press select

that should reset your remote, did not work for me but might for you.

Guest Jimmy Redman
I have a question:

Why is it, after PPVs on the sunday, RAW sometimes shows a video highlight package of what went down, and sometimes they show absolutely nothing and expect people who haven't watched the PPV to know what happened?

It depends if they feel the need to or not. If something monumental happened, like for example, Jeff winning the belt at Armageddon, then they would want to show it and let everyone know as much as possible.

Similarly, if something happened on PPV that is crucial to a storyline, then they need to show it on TV so everyone knows whats going on, like for example, HBK accepting JBL's offer at Armageddon. It would have been hard to have Shawn walk out with JBL on Raw without showing people what went down.

But if it wasnt something that important, then they dont bother. No point in showing PPV stuff on TV too much, thats the point of paying for them.

I'm sure that they didn't show any stuff from summerslam the next night on RAW though, , I might be wrong but I didnt watch summerslam and I had to go on Youtube t see Jericho hitting HBK's wife.

Guest Jimmy Redman
I'm sure that they didn't show any stuff from summerslam the next night on RAW though, , I might be wrong but I didnt watch summerslam and I had to go on Youtube t see Jericho hitting HBK's wife.

Serious? Thats been on TV a tonne, I'm sure. But again, if they dont show anything, dont complain, thats the whole point of paying for a PPV. Its not like they dont at least explain what happened.

Serious? Thats been on TV a tonne, I'm sure.

hmm maybe it wasn't Summerslam, but I'm sure I've sat more than once at the beginning of RAW and learnt nothing of what happened the night before.

But again, if they dont show anything, dont complain, thats the whole point of paying for a PPV. Its not like they dont at least explain what happened.

fair point.

Guest Evil Monkey
A new thread for 2009.

My series link is now working for ECW and Smackdown, but not for Raw!

Guest Jimmy Redman
I'm pretty sure he got released, if he was in the company to start with, that is. No idea though. Wiki him or something.

I am having the same issue, but I do remember having the issue last year too. In a week or two it'll get back to normal hopefully!
I just checked and it all the WWE shows seem to be back on the planner with the series link again. So it looks like you were right.

Thanks for all the suggestions/help everyone :xyx

Guest Mystery Trip
I know it's not the most reliable of sources, but Wikipedia has a page for every PPV that happens, and they state the attendance for it. Power Slam reports it too, and they usually match up pretty well.

Guest Jimmy Redman

Bumping this thread to ask some things.

Why was Kurt Angle the Smackdown GM in mid-2004? Was he injured, or just resting, or what?

And the f*ck has happened to Kizarny? Is there a reason why he hasnt been seen since his debut? I wouldnt think "he's sh*t" an actual reason to drop him after only one match. Ricky Ortiz is still on TV, after all.

Bumping this thread to ask some things.

Why was Kurt Angle the Smackdown GM in mid-2004? Was he injured, or just resting, or what?

And the f*ck has happened to Kizarny? Is there a reason why he hasnt been seen since his debut? I wouldnt think "he's sh*t" an actual reason to drop him after only one match. Ricky Ortiz is still on TV, after all.

Angle was healing up some niggling injuries, so they had Big Show chokeslam him from an elevated platform onto concrete (which, apparently, is the only thing that could injure Kurt Angle).

It was a fun little time period, especially when El Grand Luchadore appeared on the scene.

Guest Jimmy Redman
Angle was healing up some niggling injuries, so they had Big Show chokeslam him from an elevated platform onto concrete (which, apparently, is the only thing that could injure Kurt Angle).

It was a fun little time period, especially when El Grand Luchadore appeared on the scene.

Yeah, I remember that clear as day. I'm a mark for 2004. I stumbled across the next Smackdown after that when he's in the wheelchair being the grumpy, bitter GM, hence why I thought to ask. I was a mark then so I'd never heard why he wasnt wrestling.

That was when he interfered in the JBL/Eddie cage match right?

Man, I remember one of JBL's first 'JBL' promos, when he went to the Mexican border and turned away illegal immigrants to impress Mr. Angle and become No. 1 Contender. That ruled.

• Join the early access

Members are able to join clubs and participate in the forums.

• Latest Club Activity