Fan Clubs (beta)

Open Club  ·  55 members  ·  Free

Wrestling

RAW Discussion Thread- January 26, 2009 from Cleveland, OH (#818)

TPIB

Venue Wolstein Center in Cleveland, OH (The Miz's Hometown)

(ECW on Sci-Fi for January 27 will be taped prior to RAW in the same venue)

Confirmed Matches/Events

Royal Rumble Fallout

2009 Royal Rumble Winner Randy Orton To Appear

Qualifying Matches For Elimination Chamber Match at No Way Out

World Premiere of the Trailer for "12 Rounds"

Edited by TPIB

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Shane O Mac
WWE.com has announced that The Miz and John Morrison will be defending the tag team titles against Cryme Tyme on Raw tonight.

Additionally, WWE.com is hyping the show around the question of Randy Orton's possible punishment for kicking McMahon in the head.

WWE.com is also advertising that qualifying matches will begin tonight on Raw to determine the participants in the Elimination Chamber Match at No Way Out in February.

from wrestlezone.com

Chris Jericho, Rey Mysterio, & Kofi Kingston have all qualified to compete in the Elimination Chamber Match for the World Heavyweight Title. I assume the last two entrants will be determined next week.

RAW Match Results- January 26, 2009

World Tag Team Championship:

The Miz (in his hometown) & John Morrison © def. Cryme Tyme by John Morrison © pinning Shad following the Moonlight Drive to retain.

Elimination Chamber Qualifying Match:

Kofi Kingston def. Kane by roll-up to advance to the Championship Elimination Chamber Match at No Way Out.

Elimination Chamber Qualifying Match: Non-Title:

John Cena (with JBL) def. Shawn Michaels (representing JBL) by pin following the F-U to prevent JBL from competing at No Way Out in the Championship Elimination Chamber Match.

Beth Phoenix & Jillian (with Rosa Mendes) def. Melina & Kelly Kelly by Beth Phoenix pinning Kelly Kelly following the Glam Slam.

Elimination Chamber Qualifying Match:

Rey Mysterio def. William Regal by pin following the 619 N' Splash to advance to the Championship Elimination Chamber Match at No Way Out.

Chris Jericho def. CM Punk by pin following the Codebreaker to advance to the Championship Elimination Chamber Match at No Way Out.

Guest Jayfunk

John Cena (with JBL) def. Shawn Michaels (representing JBL) by pin following the F-U to prevent JBL from competing at No Way Out in the Championship Elimination Chamber Match.

why was JBL with Cena and respented by JBL simply to ultimately loss?

Edited by Jayfunk

I hate to say this as I try to give WWE the benefit of the doubt wherever possible, but what a dumb stupid TNA-esque pile of crap show. So much was wrong with this Raw that I daren't even go over all of it. All I'll say is: f*ck Shane, f*ck Orton being a coward pussy, and f*ck one-minute qualifier matches.

Guest Danny Styles

That's is the worst most McMAhon ego driven show in recent years, Orton was made to look a complete tool, it'll be a miracle if he recorvers from that

because he's now lost his tough SOB persona

Guest Chairman

coming off one of the best ppvs in years, that was an utter pile of sh*t.

The only good points of that show for me was the Miz and John Morrison, who always entertain me, and Orton's promos. nothing else. at all. except maybe Kofi Kingston :)

Shane O'Mac destroying Orton and the whole legacy with a few awful-looking jabs? come on. what's next? Hornswaggle beating the whole smackdown roster in a gauntlet match? because that would be more believable.

Guest Danny Styles
If this is how the road to Mania 25 starts, there is every chance that this Mania will suck because the way it's going it is just focused around the McMahons, and nobody cares about them on the screen, nobody puys PPVs to see what they will do

Good Raw. Chamber qualifying matches were all adequate. Shane's brawl went pretty ridiculous, but they're just setting up another McMahon for The Legacy to focus on. Edited by Twig

That's another thing - why the f*ck did Kofi get nailed by Shane in a throwaway part of an important segment when a) he's a face and b) he just won a spot in the main event of your next PPV?

This Raw gets worse with every viewing. I don't think there's been a worse Raw since... christ, 2006? 2005? I can't even remember a show that was this universally awful.

I can only hope that Stone Cold Shane McMahon gets murdered in the centre of the ring next week. It's the only way this bollocks can be saved.

I haven't watched it, but I've read about it and it sounds like the worst Raw in about 10 years. Is it honestly that bad?

I mean from reading it, it almost looks like they were seeing if they could destroy 6 months of decent booking in 1 night.

Why are the McMahons not scared of anything?

Why have they turned Orton from the best heel in wrestling to a drip in about 5 minutes?

Why are they using The Wrestler as some joke for Jericho having Micky Rourke literally take the mickey out of the whole idea?

Why is Shane McMahon able to beat the crap out of Orton a guy who just won the Rumble, against a non-wrestler from Conneticut?

Why is Steph not remotely scared of Orton?

Why was The Legacy single handedly destroyed by Shane O'Mac of all people, Santino's considered more of a threat?

Why did JBL distract HBK in his match against Cena when he wanted him to win?

Just utterly awful, but thats just me reading, was it honestly as bad as been made out?

Guest DarkMatchJobber

I think the main reason Shane McMahon was booked that way is because he genuinely believes he's a tough guy and likes to prove it whenever possible regardless of how much it can damage someone else's credibility.

I wouldn't be the least bit surprised if someone who is probably jealous of Orton mentioned that it would be a good idea for him and his group to be owned by Shane.

I am puzzled by some of the qualifying match results for the elimination chamber.

CM Punk losing - Okay it is understandable that his momentum from winning the intercontinental title would not earn him the royal rumble victory but surely it would have made sense for him to enter a strong performance against former world heavyweight champion Chris Jericho and come out with the victory?

Kofi winning - Kane has seen better days but in the chamber match he is the kind of guy who is a believable threat which is something I just don't see Kofi as.

Mysterio winning - Now I am not saying Regal should have won but surely Mysterio is just as out of place in this title match?

I haven't watched it, but I've read about it and it sounds like the worst Raw in about 10 years. Is it honestly that bad?

I mean from reading it, it almost looks like they were seeing if they could destroy 6 months of decent booking in 1 night.

Why are the McMahons not scared of anything?

Why have they turned Orton from the best heel in wrestling to a drip in about 5 minutes?

Why are they using The Wrestler as some joke for Jericho having Micky Rourke literally take the mickey out of the whole idea?

Why is Shane McMahon able to beat the crap out of Orton a guy who just won the Rumble, against a non-wrestler from Conneticut?

Why is Steph not remotely scared of Orton?

Why was The Legacy single handedly destroyed by Shane O'Mac of all people, Santino's considered more of a threat?

Why did JBL distract HBK in his match against Cena when he wanted him to win?

Just utterly awful, but thats just me reading, was it honestly as bad as been made out?

uhhhhhhhhhhh... JBL didn't want HBK to take the chance of going to the top rope, but HBK argued with him? Other than that...............

Guest Chairman

honestly, it's worse than anyone's post here has made out

• Join the Club!

Become a member to participate in the forums and our Fan Clubs.

• Latest Club Activity