Fan Clubs

WWE No Way Out 2009 Discussion Thread- February 15, 2009 from Seattle, WA (#11)

TPIB

The 11th edition of WWE No Way Out will come to you on February 15, 2009 from the Key Arena in Seattle, WA.

The official theme song for No Way Out is "Hunt You Down" by Saliva off of their latest album, "Cinco Diablo".

http://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e317/wwecsh88/ANoWayOut2009Poster.jpg

Confirmed Matches/Events

WWE Championship: Elimination Chamber Match:

Edge © Vs. The Undertaker Vs. Big Show Vs. Triple H Vs. Jeff Hardy Vs. Vladimir Kozlov

World Heavyweight Championship: Elimination Chamber Match:

John Cena © Vs. Chris Jericho Vs. Rey Mysterio Vs. Kofi Kingston Vs. Mike Knox Vs. Kane

No Holds Barred Match: No Interference:

Shane McMahon Vs. Randy Orton

"All Or Nothing":

Shawn Michaels Vs. John "Bradshaw" Layfield

ECW Championship:

Jack Swagger © Vs. Finlay

Edited by TPIB

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest mrkennedy
Its a bit rubbish that the chambers are title matches to be honest its all a bit confusing. On the flipside though I have no idea whats going to be the card at mania.

Guest HH-Evolution

And yet makes NO sense at making it a really gripping and exciting Superstar choice...are they COMPLETELY insane? =/

Mike Knox is about as engaging as a plank of wood without a rusty nail. And a bad case of woodworm.

Guest Jimmy Redman

Who else could they put in? Orton is obviously out, and JBL and HBK are doing their own thing. There's nobody else worth a damn on Raw, and they've been pushing Knox lately and he and Rey can go at it, so it at least makes sense.

I actually cant even think of who the 6th guy could be.

Why is there only 2 asterixes in the thread title?
Maybe he feels No Way Out is less important than all the other shows. ;)
And Mike Knox makes sense, seeing as Rey is in the chamber
I actually like Mike Knox and think he has more potential in the Koslov role than Koslov does. Also, he hits his finisher better than anyone I've ever seen using that move.

Guest DarkMatchJobber
Its a bit rubbish that the chambers are title matches to be honest its all a bit confusing. On the flipside though I have no idea whats going to be the card at mania.

The first few chamber matches were for the world heavyweight and WWE titles so it's really not that confusing and to be honest it is probably more logical having a wrestler put their body on the line and possibly shorten their career if they can become champion at the end of the match then to just become 'number one contender'.

It is kind of interesting that this year RAW's chamber will have the weakest line-up instead of Smackdown.

Guest aceytrixx
i was pretty happy kofi got put into the chamber obviously not a chance of winning but he should be good to watch in there mike knox on the other hand :tdown

Guest BlackEyed
What the flip??! Mike Knox??? Talking about being thrust into the spotlight without a cue. The final entrant will probably be a bad guy, as there are already 3 good guys (Rey, Kofi, Cena)...How about Santino?? They could do worse, and if they put a yutz like Knox in...

Guest DarkMatchJobber

Iron Sheik is current dusting off his wrestling boots in anticipation of a return to WWE to challenge for Cena's world title in the elimination chamber.

you read it here first :)

Guest y2j2009

Man with a plan?

I'm new to this but what the heck are they thinking putting Mike Knox in the Chamber? On the flipside I really hope they start pushing Brian Kendrick again and put him in the Smackdown Chamber.

Guest Jimmy Redman

Knox really isnt that bad anymore. He's improved a bit physically, and as DC said, is trying really hard with his finish. And a few weeks ago he was asked "Why are you owning Rey every week?" and he just shrugged, all "...I dunno actually." Like he didnt even consider that he needed a reason to beat someone to a pulp every chance he gets. He just does it because he f*cking well can. I loved that.

And I mean, seriously, the beard rules. Its no surprise he gets better as it grows. Snitsky lost all his powers when he cut his off.

Edited by Jimmy Redman

Guest BlackEyed

And I mean, seriously, the beard rules. Its no surprise he gets better as it grows. Snitsky lost all his powers when he cut his off.

If it wasn't for the Hornswoggle thing, we would be getting a storyline with Mike Knox being Jim Duggan's long lost son! HOOOOOOOOO

Seriously, you think Knox deserves to be in the Raw main event at NWO?

Guest ScottyB

It makes sense. Him and Rey have been having beef with each other for some time now.

Chances are Rey will eliminate him, pissing Knox off even more.

It's a Chmaber match and judging from last year, the Chamber match sells itself. Plus, the SD one is full of stars, that'll most likely be the main event.

Guest Jimmy Redman
If it wasn't for the Hornswoggle thing, we would be getting a storyline with Mike Knox being Jim Duggan's long lost son! HOOOOOOOOO

Seriously, you think Knox deserves to be in the Raw main event at NWO?

Does Kofi? Did Kendrick last year in the Scramble? What about Big Daddy V in last year's Chamber?

Its a multi-man match, and with 3 main eventers otherwise occupied, you need to put midcarders in. Mike Knox is a big guy, as big a guy as they're going to get in there with no Kane or etc., so he therefore poses a threat as 'the big guy'. He's also being pushed with a feud with Rey.

Honestly, who else would you put in?

Guest BlackEyed
Does Kofi? Did Kendrick last year in the Scramble? What about Big Daddy V in last year's Chamber?

Its a multi-man match, and with 3 main eventers otherwise occupied, you need to put midcarders in. Mike Knox is a big guy, as big a guy as they're going to get in there with no Kane or etc., so he therefore poses a threat as 'the big guy'. He's also being pushed with a feud with Rey.

Honestly, who else would you put in?

Kofi Kingston is a popular star on Raw, Brian Kendrick was a refreshing change to a dull Smackdowm main event, and Big Daddy V.......................

I would probably put John Morrison in there instead of Knox, and the last place could go to someone like Finlay (Who made an impressive showing in last year's Smackdown chamber, I think)

Guest Jimmy Redman
Kofi Kingston is a popular star on Raw, Brian Kendrick was a refreshing change to a dull Smackdowm main event, and Big Daddy V.......................

I would probably put John Morrison in there instead of Knox, and the last place could go to someone like Finlay (Who made an impressive showing in last year's Smackdown chamber, I think)

Dont kid yourself, Kofi is somewhat popular and is just as much a midcarder as Knox. Kendrick was MUCH more of a jobber than Knox is.

I think with Rey, Kofi and Jericho in there they have enough little guys in to fly around and bump and what not. Thats why I think Knox is in really, to be the threatening 'big man' in the match. Its usually Kane's role, but Knox is a refreshing change, and again, he is feuding with Rey.

Morrison and Finlay, despite them being on ECW to start with, I wouldnt do. Morrison is in a tag team and there's just no need to worry about why one and not the other and what not, and Finlay is going after the ECW Title at the mo.

Seriously, I just cannot understand the issue with Knox. Its not like he's in the main event of Wrestlemania, he's the token big man in a multi-man match on a minor PPV, which probably wont even main event.

Guest BlackEyed
Dont kid yourself, Kofi is somewhat popular and is just as much a midcarder as Knox. Kendrick was MUCH more of a jobber than Knox is.

I think with Rey, Kofi and Jericho in there they have enough little guys in to fly around and bump and what not. Thats why I think Knox is in really, to be the threatening 'big man' in the match. Its usually Kane's role, but Knox is a refreshing change, and again, he is feuding with Rey.

Morrison and Finlay, despite them being on ECW to start with, I wouldnt do. Morrison is in a tag team and there's just no need to worry about why one and not the other and what not, and Finlay is going after the ECW Title at the mo.

Seriously, I just cannot understand the issue with Knox. Its not like he's in the main event of Wrestlemania, he's the token big man in a multi-man match on a minor PPV, which probably wont even main event.

Kofi is by FAR more over than Knox (who barely elicits a reaction from the crowd)

Morrison and Finlay may be on the ECW roster, but that didn't stop Big Daddy V appearing in the Smackdown chamber last year.

Knox is just generic big man #58 w/beard

• Join the early access

Members are able to join clubs and participate in the forums.

• Latest Club Activity