Fan Clubs

Chris Jericho Altercation

Guest Jimmy Redman

Guest Jimmy Redman

There is a story developing on the WO website about Chris Jericho getting into an 'altercation' with some guys as he left a house show last night, ending in him punching a female in the face.

There are a few witnesses and already camera phone video of this up, and apparently this woman is pressing charges. He could well be in some trouble.

Here's the report sent in to Meltzer:

This afternoon after the WWE house show in Victoria, my girlfriend and I went to see the wrestlers leave the arena (this was my girlfriend's first WWE event and she wanted to see them leave). The following is exactly what happened right in front of me and about another 50 wrestling fans who happened to be there are well:

Chris Jericho exited the building, and walked over to his white rental vehicle. The crowd watching him leave was heckling him, but he was ignoring it. He gets in his vehicle and drives out of the arena parking lot, right past the crowd of us. As Jericho stops at a stop sign, a fan runs into the street and starts banging on his rental vehicle. At this point about 50 people rush into the middle of the intersection, blocking traffic in several directions, with no police and very inadequate and incompetent security (no WWE security guards period). My girlfriend and I were literally in the very front of the crowd, and this all went down literally five feet away from us.

Chris Jericho opens the door to his vehicle in the middle of the road, and the fan shuts the door back on him. Jericho then gets out of the vehicle completely, and punches the fan in the face! This prompts another fan to jump in (he was friends with the first) and attack Jericho, and Jericho scuffles with the second guy. At this point, a woman who knows the second guy who attacked Jericho starts to jump in and get in Jericho's face (because he was fighting her friend).

This is where the Save on Foods Rent-A-Security Guards stopped standing around watching this happen (I swear they thought they were watching a wrestling angle or something), and stepped in to separate Jericho and the woman, who was shoving him. Looking at Jericho's face he was obviously ready to explode and was restraining himself...but then the shitstorm happened...

He spit in the girl's face, and called her a "****ing bitch". The woman then spit in Jericho's face. Jericho then started cursing out the woman some more, and was getting ready to go back into his vehicle (as all of this is still happening in the middle of the road). While he was turning to go into his vehicle, one of the guys he was fighting shoved Jericho against his car. Another guy then shoved Jericho, and that time he bumped his head on the top of his vehicle. This was where Jericho seriously snapped.

After bumping his head, Jericho went into a shitstorm, throwing and swinging at everybody around him. He knocked one guy to the ground, told another fan that he was going to "****ing kill you". The woman who got spit on was still yelling at Jericho, so he piefaced her away from him (because the arena security couldn't keep them separated). As soon as he put his hands on the woman, ANOTHER fan jumps in and starts swinging at Jericho. Jericho grabs the guy and starts throwing him to the ground, and at this point I have to yank my girlfriend out of the way and into some other people because Jericho had literally thrown himself and the other guy into our direction and we would of been knocked down by the scuffle.

The arena security try again at this point to regain order, and two of them grab Jericho and start yelling at him to calm down, to which Jericho responds by taking a swing at one of the security guards and yelling at them to "do your ****ing job and get the ****ing police here". Then he shoves the second guard to the ground and tells him to "stay the **** off me".

Well, as that happens, the chick lunges at Jericho AGAIN, and this time Jericho actually punches the woman in the face, and shoves her to the ground. This stunned everyone, and the girl's friends ended up jumping in trying to fight Jericho, to which he fought all of them off, then storms into his vehicle swearing and speeds off, running through a stop sign in the process.

This whole thing happened over the span of about 5 minutes (of the street being blocked by this ordeal), and the woman ended up calling the cops on Jericho. They arrived 5 minutes after Jericho left, complete with a Paddy Wagon. The WWE's head of security did not see the incident, so he was there trying to figure out what happened along with the cops at the same time while yapping on his cell phone, and the woman is pressing charges against Jericho. As crazy and unbelievable this sounds, it can all be backed up with whatever police report was filed on the scene this afternoon.

I hope this made sense, as a lot of stuff happened. If you have any questions or need clarification, just ask. This was taped by several people with cell phone cameras, but there were only 50 people down there so I hope the video makes it way to the internet. Regardless, this went down as one of the craziest things I have ever seen in my life (even if it didn't involve Chris Jericho), and Jericho could be in some serious legal trouble over this one; although he was provoked, he seriously snapped and crossed the line.

Edited by Jimmy Redman

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Meh, as far as I could see it was the fans own stupid fault. Including the woman.

edit:

another report has emerged

The following is a live account from a WZ reader who witnessed Chris Jericho and a fan getting into an altercation during a recent Jericho appearance. Following the testamonial is a video of the incident.

"I was a witness to a fight between a crazed fan and Chris Jericho after the show on Feb. 7th 2009 in Victoria BC. Chris Jericho was in his white SUV and leaving the arena when a crazed fan started chasing after his car and pounded on the window. Jericho was stuck in traffic and the car came to a stop, and then the fan pulled on the door and it opened! Jericho stopped his car and came out to pose for pics, when suddenly the same fan lunged for him and Chris Jericho threw a punch in self defense! A woman was pushed into Jericho as well and security was pretty lax, but finally they pulled the fan away and Chris was able to get into his SUV and drive safely away. The police arrived shortly after and hopefully arrested the fan for asult. Chris Jericho had taunted the fans in the show saying that he would take on anyone, but this fan took him seriously. Glad that Jericho got away unharmed!!! It was very intense!!!"

Edited by Paul

Guest Jimmy Redman
Of course, he was provoked beyond belief and he had every right to be p*ssed. I still dont know that he should be giving KNOCKOUT PUNCHES OF DOOM AND REPLAYS to women though, no matter how annoying they are.

He was in a crowd of people who were being threatening, any of them could have had knives or whatnot. She, to quote the article, lunged at him so he punched her. He has EVERY right to defend himself including hitting a woman who he thought was going to attack him.

Simply put people need to realise where the line is, she crossed it (as did others) and he retaliated. Fair does IMO.

Guest SuperKick Kid

http://i39.photobucket.com/albums/e177/Bachias/1234084518889.gif

Sorry about the commentary within the gif, not mine.

This is from one of the cell phone videos of the event.

Ha, undertsnadable, some fans out there just take it to far, he had rights to defend himself. Although, I find the first report on what happened more accurate than the second.

Yeah have to agree, it's a bit extreme but she's crazy and he had every right to defend himself. Just because he's in the limelight doesn't mean he should do nothing and let some nutter go crazy on him. If the law got involved, they'd surely see it's self defence but warn Jericho, he perhaps goes a bit too far to defend himself.

Guest Y2James

I wonder what the reaction would have been if someone other the Jericho was involved in this incident, like Cena or someone less popular.

HE PUNCHED A WOMAN IN THE FACE..........Im sorry but there are no excuses for that sort of behavior.

I wonder what the reaction would have been if someone other the Jericho was involved in this incident, like Cena or someone less popular.

HE PUNCHED A WOMAN IN THE FACE..........Im sorry but there are no excuses for that sort of behavior.

You've obviously never been attacked by a group of women! Trust me when I say, that you kinda lose your mind in those circumstances.

Hmm, crowd of 50 people, no security, 3 people are lunging at him.

From that Gif, that girl should have been stopped from the security guy in front of her and it's obvious from his initial reaction she's hit him first.

It also looks to me like he didn't see his attacker and lunged out, there is a split second where he realises what he's done and chooses to flee.

Now, I'd rather think I'd try be gentlemanly about it, but she got what she deserved, whether you are a woman or not, you do not have the right to arbitrarily attack someone while they are trying to leave.

I don't know what I would do in that situation, but fair play to the guy, she's a cena fan, so deserves a little smack! :)

Edited by Saz

So if she launched at you with a knife you should let her stab you cause she's a woman?

I'm sorry but if you're serious, it's the dumbest thing I've ever heard.

But if a woman had punched him in the face, it would be quite different wouldn't it? If the man had lunged at her and she had reacted in the same way, it would be quite different, none of this OMG that was out of order.

Guest Y2James

Maybe my reaction was a little strong but I find it hard to condone punching a woman in the face.

I think Jericho should have definately handled the situation better.