Open Club  ·  55 members  ·  Free

Wrestling

WWE Draft 2009 Discussion Thread- April 13, 2009 from Atlanta, GA

Guest tebbotis

• Replies 194
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Seems like the last one just happened. With all the inter-brand matches that happen you almost don't need one really, except for the title runs. If they do have another one then I see HHH going back to Raw and hopefully Cena to SD.

Guest Jimmy Redman

Actually I was watching some mid-2004 stuff and the rosters at the time totally wacked me out until I remembered that they did the Draft right after Mania that year. I had totally forgotten.

But yeah, its been in June ever since then. I assume we'll have it, not particularly looking forward to it or anything.

Guest KINGOVKINGS
More than likely will be one. If so im hoping it june time or later. And my guess is that HHH goes to Raw and either Cena or Orton to SD. As i see them as the two Biggest stars on Raw at the mo. If HHH does get moved back to the red Brand, Then a big star will have to go over in his place. So in in my opinion will be Cena or Orton.

Guest Jayfunk
I hope not, or even better, let's just stop with the branding nonsense and widen the storyline possibilities!

One can hope. to me they had a good idea to try to create competition with itself or at least make the fans think that but a) they were not brave enough with it smackdown should have been WCW, with there roster and Raw WWF, with theirs that may have worked. B) the fans didn't buy it they way they did it.

now people move brands between drafts so whats the point?

Guest Jimmy Redman

Spooky.

Strange to have it in April again, although I think its good in a way, you move everyone around right after Mania, which is sort of the 'New Year' of WWE, and it gives everyone a fresh start. Hopefully it also prevents the Mania matches repeating themselves for three more PPVs afterwards.

I wonder who they'll move, because I have no likely idea. Before last year's it was pretty obvious that guys needed to move around (and they all did bar MVP), now it seems so soon that its hard to tell.

You'd think they'd have the sense to swap Cole and JR back around, but with JR liking his new schedule and what not, who knows.

Guest tebbotis

don't know whether to put my ideas here on who moving etc...If im wrong i'm very sorry. Personally i would love to see the following happen..

This year the WWE should change the way the draft is done and go back to how it was done years ago when the gm had to pick a number out of a cage (Bit like the FA Cup for all the UK members). This way it seems fair to each brand and i feel that the draft should like one show i.e 3hr Raw where the first hour would be Drafts and interviews etc... and then the rest being inter promotional matches. I want it to go back to the days i.e where Smackdown GM wanted to be the better than RAW and ECW and would do anything to be that.

I say bring back Brand PPV's because the talent is strong and with the introduction of maybe DH Smith, Petey Williams, Bryan Danielson, Low Ki etc... i think the future would be bright. Another reason i feel its neccessary to do such a thing is because some wrestlers like, Kane,Undertaker,Batista,HBK are getting on and like the WWE has done to RAW, where they pushing the younger generation, i just feel they need to do that with the rest of the brands.

Raw Roster should be as follows...

Main Eventers/Top Draw - Going for WWE Title

Cena

Jeff Hardy

Matt Hardy

Jericho

Christian

Undertaker (Champion after WM25)

HBK

Breakthrough Star

MVP

Mid Card - Going after the IC Title(Lets continue to make it important)

Santino

Kingston

Bourne

Ortiz

Knox

Kane

Helms

Tag Teams

Miz & Morrison

Cryme Tyme

Hawkins & Ryder

Hart Foundation

Womens Title - Should only be one Womens title.

Beth

Melina

Michelle

Natalya

Maria

Katie Lee

Maryse

Eve

Gail Kim

Mickie James

Jillian Hall

The rest of the divas should become managers etc...

So what you think so far? Do you agree or disagree? I will post Smackdown later.

Have a nice day LOL

Guest Jimmy Redman

They wont have a random Draft.

They wont go back to single-brand B PPVs.

They wont unify the women's titles.

They wont have a Hart Foundation tag team.

They wont put Christian on Raw.

They wont take Randy Orton off Raw.

They wont put Ricky Ortiz on Raw if they have any intelligence whatsoever.

And there are way too many people on Raw, I cant even see who's left for the other TWO shows.

Apart from that, spiffing.

Guest BlackEyed
don't know whether to put my ideas here on who moving etc...If im wrong i'm very sorry. Personally i would love to see the following happen..

This year the WWE should change the way the draft is done and go back to how it was done years ago when the gm had to pick a number out of a cage (Bit like the FA Cup for all the UK members). This way it seems fair to each brand and i feel that the draft should like one show i.e 3hr Raw where the first hour would be Drafts and interviews etc... and then the rest being inter promotional matches. I want it to go back to the days i.e where Smackdown GM wanted to be the better than RAW and ECW and would do anything to be that.

I say bring back Brand PPV's because the talent is strong and with the introduction of maybe DH Smith, Petey Williams, Bryan Danielson, Low Ki etc... i think the future would be bright. Another reason i feel its neccessary to do such a thing is because some wrestlers like, Kane,Undertaker,Batista,HBK are getting on and like the WWE has done to RAW, where they pushing the younger generation, i just feel they need to do that with the rest of the brands.

Raw Roster should be as follows...

Main Eventers/Top Draw - Going for WWE Title

Cena

Jeff Hardy

Matt Hardy

Jericho

Christian

Undertaker (Champion after WM25)

HBK

Breakthrough Star

MVP

Mid Card - Going after the IC Title(Lets continue to make it important)

Santino

Kingston

Bourne

Ortiz

Knox

Kane

Helms

Tag Teams

Miz & Morrison

Cryme Tyme

Hawkins & Ryder

Hart Foundation

Womens Title - Should only be one Womens title.

Beth

Melina

Michelle

Natalya

Maria

Katie Lee

Maryse

Eve

Gail Kim

Mickie James

Jillian Hall

The rest of the divas should become managers etc...

So what you think so far? Do you agree or disagree? I will post Smackdown later.

Have a nice day LOL

I really wouldn't want Smackdown to be HHH/Edge/Kozlov week after week after week, which is what would happen with what you've done here.

I would like to see Evan Bourne on Smackdown, and get straight into a feud with MVP or Shelton Benjamin (That is to assume if either of them has the US title after WM25) OR if they're daring, put the belt on The Brian Kendrick and have him and Evan Bourne feud!

Guest DarkMatchJobber

****Post-April 13th RAW Roster****

World Heavyweight Title Division

Edge (champion) - drafted from Smackdown

Christian - drafted from ECW

CM Punk

Randy Orton

Shawn Michaels

Intercontinental Title Division

Ted Dibiase (champion)

Kofi Kingston

Cody Rhodes

Low Ki (when promoted to the full roster)

Rey Mysterio

Vladimir Kozlov - drafted from Smackdown

Tag-Team Division

Cade and Murdoch (return after Mania)

Kane and Mike Knox

Jamie Noble and Festus (Festus is supplemental drafted and forms new comedy tag-team with Noble...picture the greatness of it - also lets Jessie go solo)

Women's Division

Rosa Mendes

Beth Phoenix

Candice

Mickie James

Well I'd guess that Jack Swagger will be getting drafted to one of the bigger shows? I'd love to see MVP come over to Raw, maybe even as a face? Oh and for the record Bourne vs Kendrick would totally make me start watching smackdown again. I's swithc some of the divas round too. Maybe put Maryse on Raw, switch Layla out to Smackdown and have her wrestle, Natty to Raw, possibly as a trade for Gillian or someone?

As for commentary, and I know this is never gonna happen, but I'd like to see Cole swap with Matt Striker. Never gonna happen though.

Oh, and Orton's going nowhere, and I wouldn't want him to.

Edited by dsrchris

Obviously, there is a big difference in who will change brands and who I want to change brands, so I kind of combined the two for my list:

Christian To RAW- I guarantee that Christian will be switching rosters come the draft, that much I am certain, though he may be moved to SmackDown, I think it would be better for him and his career to be on RAW. As on SmackDown, he would be playing second banana to Edge. I could see Christian becoming World Heavyweight Champion. I believe Christian is above ECW and their title.

MVP To ECW- This one will especially be true if Christian is drafted as ECW needs a Matt Hardy level competitor and MVP is the guy for the job.

Chris Jericho To SmackDown- I just think it is time for Jericho to be moved, that's all. He's accomplished all he can really accomplish on RAW and after his feud with Flair is over, he will probably drift back to the mid-card.

John Cena to SmackDown- I see Orton taking the World Heavyweight Title at WrestleMania, so I think Cena should be moved back to SmackDown. Whether you like him or not, you have to admit that Cena fits better on SmackDown.

Jack Swagger to SmackDown- After losing the ECW Title, I think Swagger should be moved to SmackDown. He could have some great matches with Shelton Benjamin.

Shad To ECW- Let's face it, Shad lacks in the talent department. What better place than ECW for him? Leave JTG on RAW, he's really the MVP of that team anyways.

William Regal To ECW- Regal would get a lot more exposure on ECW and it might even lead to a reunion of Regal & Paul Burchill. They could have some good outings battling Miz & Morrison over the World Tag Team Titles. Also, I say send Layla with him, she could make a decent manager for the two of them.

Big Show To RAW- This is mostly a result of my previous picks, as Show is crowded on SmackDown as it is, but if they do my predicted draft picks, he would need a move to RAW.

Evan Bourne To RAW- Bourne is a great talent and I think he could thrive on RAW. He may never win a championship on RAW, but he could have some great matches with the likes of CM Punk and Rey Mysterio.

Mr. Kennedy To ECW- It just seems like a natural progression for Kennedy. That way, he can wrestle and still be on par with most of the roster.

I know these picks lack in the logic department and would more than likely crowd the rosters, but it is a general idea of what I think might and should happen.

• Join the Club!

Become a member to participate in the forums and our Fan Clubs.

• Latest Club Activity