Fan Clubs

Open Club  ·  55 members  ·  Free

Wrestling

Insignificant Wrestling Moments You Love

Guest Jimmy Redman

Guest Jimmy Redman

I hope I can explain this in an understandable way. What I mean is think of moments - matches or promos or whatever - that arent in any way big or memorable in a historic sense, but you hold them dear to your heart for whatever reason.

My first example is from Smackdown a few years ago, it was the dress-wearing Vito vs Sylvan, and it was an entirely unremarkable Smackdown match, except the completely hilarious commentary of Cole and JBL made it probably one of my favourite Smackdown matches ever, and that covers a lot of ground.

Another one is a random backstage conversation between Teddy Long, Mark Henry and Jazz on Raw, back when they were a stable of black people. There is literally nothing memorable or interesting about this segment, so dont ask me why, but I loved it and I could probably still recite it word-for-word off-hand today.

I can probably think of more, but thats the idea, just little insignificant things, things that probably only you remember, that you thought were great. Maybe a random skit you fell over laughing at, maybe a throwaway TV match you really rated, maybe a forgotten promo you loved, maybe a cool spot in a match, anything.

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

One of my favourite moments was on Raw last year or so when John Cena took over Carlito's Cabana. He turned it into Cena's Cabana, it wasn't history making but just good fun and the look on Carlito's face was priceless. Safe to say by the time the segment was over the Cabana wasn't in the same condition it started out in and apples where everywhere.:P

Guest Y2James
Really really struggling to think of one. The only one I can come up with is a match between Godfather and Mideon at No Mercy 99. The reason being it was the first PPV I had ever watched and it was the first match on the show. It was a poor match but whenever I see I love it because it reminds of the excitement of watching my first WWF/WWE PPV. I also remember the comments Godfather made to Mideon before the match about farm animals. When I was a kid I didnt get it, but I do now :sick

Guest Nemesis Enforcer

Snitsky and Heidenreich's little backstage promo together a good while back which went along the lines of

Snitsky: "I like your poems"

Heidenreich: "I like what you do to babies"

Can't remember which show it was on but the actually thing has just stuck in my mind so well

Guest Y2James
Snitsky and Heidenreich's little backstage promo together a good while back which went along the lines of

Can't remember which show it was on but the actually thing has just stuck in my mind so well

Not that I ever need an excuse to post this:

[YOUTUBE]<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=23DDoLCdmQc&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=23DDoLCdmQc&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>[/YOUTUBE]

Guest John Hancock

The single best one liner in wrestling, if not world history:

*Man walks out from the back dressed as Scott Hall, one week after the real Scott Hall no showed a TNA PPV.*

Mr. Kennedy: Thanks for showing up.

I think it's the first and only time wrestling has made me laugh out loud.

Edited by John Hancock

Guest DarkMatchJobber

La Resistance winning the tag-titles in Canada on an episode of RAW :xyx

[YOUTUBE]<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="

name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>[/YOUTUBE]

I liked La Resistance.

Guest Cactus.Jack
I loved the scene with the little kid on one of those grabber machines (you know, the ones that have robbed just about every child who's ever played on one) he, just like the rest of us gets robbed by it, and the camera pans out bringing Kane into view, he has a go on the machine, gets robbed, asks the kid to move, smashes the machine and gives all the toys to the kid. Greats stuff.

Sylvan's "Hogan/Austin-esque" pop in Quebec was a great sight to behold.

I'd alslo like to include the Rob Van Dam/Balls Mahoney match from Anarchy Rulz '99 as an awesome match that, in the grand scheme of things, meant nothing, but was probably the best bout of Mahoney's run in the original ECW.

Guest Jayfunk

It was a 1hr impact when they basicallyhad one match throughout the whole show i like it ws Rhino/cage/angle or maybe abyss but it was great story telling because they had all the storylines involved towards the PPV

TNA creativiness at its best.

Guest Jimmy Redman

It was at Survivor Series 2004 (back when you needed a multi-PPV to see other brands) and yes, it ruled.

An AJ Styles promo in 2003 before his first NWA title shot at Jarret. There was just such genius build up for this match (like all big NWA title matches in that period). AJ, even though TNA hadn't been around for a year, was already Mr. TNA. Multiple time X division champion, tag champion, and was on a hell of a roll as a tweener against heavyweights. There wasn't much confusion as to where every expected his loyalty lied. Through his increasingly heelish actions over the past weeks with his epic "zip it! tirade, it was almost a given he had become Russo's final chess piece, the ace of SEX.

Earlier in the night, he gives a promo in a video that very much seems like a declaration of his heelness, and as a pre-victory speech. He tells the story of the first X-division title decider. When he gets to the end, he says;

"As Ricky 'The Dragon' Steamboat raised my arm in the air, he looked at me and said, 'Hey kid, you keep on like this and you could be something special some day'. I looked back at him and said, "Zip it, Ricky. I'm more than something special. I'm simply...phenomenal."

Fantastic stuff. Southern d*ck heel AJ Styles = ratings anywhere. He's so natural on the mic when he can just kick it Gainsville, GA style.

On one of the 3PW DVD's I have, Matt Striker comes to the ring and he is dressed as Rowdy Roddy Piper, calling himself "Hotstuff" Matt Striker. He cuts a promo, imitating Rowdy Roddy Piper, and then Jimmy Snuka walks down to the ring. The match starts, and Matt Striker loses in a squash match to Snuka. :)

Another moment I like, is when Juventud Guerrera cut an indescribably nutty promo in XPW.

Guest DarkMatchJobber
On one of the 3PW DVD's I have, Matt Striker comes to the ring and he is dressed as Rowdy Roddy Piper, calling himself "Hotstuff" Matt Striker. He cuts a promo, imitating Rowdy Roddy Piper, and then Jimmy Snuka walks down to the ring. The match starts, and Matt Striker loses in a squash match to Snuka. :)

Another moment I like, is when Juventud Guerrera cut an indescribably nutty promo in XPW.

I think Juventud was under the influence of something when he cut that promo.

[YOUTUBE]<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="

name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>[/YOUTUBE]

Pretty much anything UltraMantis Black talks about on commentary in CHIKARA. One that pops to mind is the facial hair discussion in Claudio Castagnoli vs Mike Quackenbush, and when Mantis says "mans" instead of "men", and he and Sweeney have a conversation about it.

Also UltraMantis Black's Salteens promo, not that I need an excuse to post it, as it's my favourite promo ever. :lol

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hj8Comj78gM&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hj8Comj78gM&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Oh, and not forgetting Jeff Hardy and Johnny Nitro's "THATS MY PAINTING MAN" promo.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=daLJ1dwzDKk&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=daLJ1dwzDKk&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>