Fan Clubs (beta)

Open Club  ·  55 members  ·  Free

Wrestling

Who Should Win the Money In The Bank?

Guest Jimmy Redman

Guest Jimmy Redman

I debated just putting this in the Mania thread, but this is more a topic all of its own.

Who do you think should win the MITB? There are usually a bunch of names floating around about this, but this year there isnt as much. Morrison is the only one I can think of who gets mentioned with any regularity, and even he is still in a tag team and probably not ready for a main event push. Evan Bourne of course should be in the match, but I doubt he would win the briefcase at this stage.

So, any thoughts? Who will be in the match? Who should win? And do you have any ideas for cashing in?

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Jayfunk
Kendrick might be a good bet.

if they need the winner to be the first one to lose.

They need some one who could be seen to good enough to win the belt within the year. Kendrick is certianly not that! Umaga however is , Morrison maybe but lean towards not.

I would like to see Punk win it again and with a good IC run he could be ready this time

Guest Y2James

Lets look at the potential candidates:

Rey Mysterio: I really dont think Rey needs it at this stage of his career. Money In The Bank should be udes to push new talent into the main-event position. I would still like to see Mysterio in the match though.

Christian: Christian could potentially win but I dont think Vince sees enough in him to have him in the main event and win a big marquee match at Mania. You also get the impression that Vince wants Christian to prove himself again before being pushed up the card.

John Morrison: This is the guy I believe will win and desrvedly so. Him and The Miz have been the two of the stand out guys in the WWE for the past year. I feel though that Morrison has that little bit extra on Miz which means he should reach the top before him.

Evan Bourne: Bourne should not be anywhere near the main event. I know this guy was super over but he isnt (and never will be) at WHC Champion level. Would be great to have him in the match for some cool stunts but thats all hes good for.

Mr Kennedy: I dont think he will win mainly because he has already won MITB before and you feel with all the injuries he keeps suffering its killing his momentum.

MVP: I expect a US title match at Mania with Benjamin for MVP but if not he is as strong a candidate to win as anyone. I really like MVP but feel he is yet to prove himself as a face, so we will see how that goes. I think MVP is the guy most itching to break into the main event.

The Brian Kendrick: It seems highly unlikely that he will win seeing as it appears he is in trouble with management.

Umaga: Another strong candidate to win but are the WWE really that interested in Umaga at the moment?

Thats all I can think of for now and probably the longest post ive made in my 4 year history at TWO.

Guest Jayfunk
Evan Bourne: Bourne should not be anywhere near the main event. I know this guy was super over but he isnt (and never will be) at WHC Champion level. Would be great to have him in the match for some cool stunts but thats all hes good for.

You could say the same for Jeff Hardy but look at him

Guest Jimmy Redman
Its funny, most years you have a good idea of who should win (Edge, RVD, Kennedy, then Jeff before, you know) and a decent crew of contenders as well, but this year it seems that sure-fire guy is missing. There is Morrison, and at this stage he's the best chance, but I dont think he's ready to win a world title yet. No midcarder looks like they're ready.

Guest Jimmy Redman
You could possibly have both of Priceless qualify for the match and either Ted or Cody get the briefcase through underhanded/double-team tactics?

If Orton were to win later in the night it'd tie in quite nicely.

That would be a good way for Ted to turn face actually. Orton wins the belt, he wins the briefcase, so its the elephant in the room for months until the time comes for him to cash in. Orton could try to make him go for the WHC, a la HHH and Batista, or ask him to lay down or whatever, and Ted refuses, challenges Orton and breaks away from Legacy.

I think Evan Bourne will get the Superman spots and will be the star of the show, but realistically, MVP is the only logical choice. I fear that Christian might be lumped with a lame ECW match with Jack Swagger, who is lame. Rey might well be a good bet too since that amazing, heartstopping fued with Mike Knox is over.

Lets look at the potential candidates:

Rey Mysterio: I really dont think Rey needs it at this stage of his career. Money In The Bank should be udes to push new talent into the main-event position. I would still like to see Mysterio in the match though.

Christian: Christian could potentially win but I dont think Vince sees enough in him to have him in the main event and win a big marquee match at Mania. You also get the impression that Vince wants Christian to prove himself again before being pushed up the card.

John Morrison: This is the guy I believe will win and desrvedly so. Him and The Miz have been the two of the stand out guys in the WWE for the past year. I feel though that Morrison has that little bit extra on Miz which means he should reach the top before him.

Mr Kennedy: I dont think he will win mainly because he has already won MITB before and you feel with all the injuries he keeps suffering its killing his momentum.

MVP: I expect a US title match at Mania with Benjamin for MVP but if not he is as strong a candidate to win as anyone. I really like MVP but feel he is yet to prove himself as a face, so we will see how that goes. I think MVP is the guy most itching to break into the main event.

The Brian Kendrick: It seems highly unlikely that he will win seeing as it appears he is in trouble with management.

Umaga: Another strong candidate to win but are the WWE really that interested in Umaga at the moment?

Thats all I can think of for now and probably the longest post ive made in my 4 year history at TWO.

So you get to even Evan Bourne, and not Kofi? He'll without a doubt be in the match. The IC and US champ defending at 'Mania seems to never occur, so count Shelton and Punk in. Quite possibly Regal as well, more than likely R-Truth and MVP. Who wins?

I'd hope for a Christian win. He's the only person currently not in the "main event" that would instantly fit right in, but I think we're in for a Punk-esque surprise this year. Hopefully I'll be thunderclapping the night away.

I do shudder at the thought of Kozlov

Edited by Fidel Cashflow

I'd love to see Khali in a ladder match. :lol

I'd love to see them use Khali as the ladder.:P

I wouldn't mind seeing Kofi win it. He has had a great run this year. I would put the Miz's name forward too but I'm afraid he is too overshadowed by Morrison. So if it comes down to them Morrison would get the briefcase

Guest Danny Styles
There is Morrison, and at this stage he's the best chance, but I dont think he's ready to win a world title yet. No midcarder looks like they're ready.

Well arugably they have up to a year to cash in the shot so being ready doesn't necessarily matter if WWE are commited to building that person up for the best part of a year to make him look like a threat

Guest aceytrixx
Part of me would quite like whoever won it to wait a year and cash it in for wrestlemania 26. Although since there is no obvious choice perhaps they could use this year for it to be the first person to cash in money in the bank and not win the belt (unless im missing someone Im pretty sure everyone who has cashed it in has won)

Guest The B-Man
I would actually like to see it being won in the first match and then whoever wins it using it that night to get the mania spot instead of waiting a whole year.

• Join the Club!

Become a member to participate in the forums and our Fan Clubs.

• Latest Club Activity