Guest FreeSpirit

Preview:

Venue:

Soundstage 21 of Universal Studios - Orlando, Florida

Monday 23rd February

TV Schedule:

USA: Thursday 26th February on Spike TV at 9/8c

UK: Saturday 28th February on Bravo at 9pm

Update On The Main Event Mafia..X Title Ladder Match..And Much More!

26th February 2009

This Saturday night, TNA Wrestling returns to Bravo at 9pm for two hours of Total Nonstop Action as the road to the Sunday 15th March "Destination X" Pay-Per-View continues. The below is a tentative preview of what is scheduled to take place (card subject to change).

- What is the future of the Main Event Mafia after the empty arena brawl between Sting and Kurt Angle this past week, as well as Angle demanding a World Title shot against The Icon? Will this war within the Mafia result in the group's demise? According to sources, the rest of the Main Event Mafia will speak out on iMPACT about the volatile situation.

- Plus, will TNA Founder Jeff Jarrett, Management Director Jim Cornette or Executive Shareholder Mick Foley address Angle's challenge for a World Title match at Destination X?

- Will Samoa Joe and AJ Styles continue their vendetta against the Main Event Mafia? In recent weeks, the Frontline members have taken the war to Scott Steiner and Booker T. What do Styles and Joe have planned for this week's show?

- Fans of the daredevil X Division...make sure you tune in to iMPACT! Alex Shelley will defend the X Championship in a ladder match against Consequences Creed, Jay Lethal and his own tag team partner Chris Sabin. What insane moves will the superstars of the X Division pull off? Can Shelley retain his gold?

Also this week on iMPACT:

- Another installment of Mick Foley's "Hardcore History"

- More footage of Abyss with his new therapist, "Dr. Stevie"

- Knockouts Tag Team Match: The Beautiful People vs. Taylor Wilde & newcomer Madison Rayne

- Another "Off The Wagon" Challenge by TNA World Tag Team Champions, Beer Money, Inc.

All this and much more on TNA iMPACT this Saturday night starting at 9pm on Bravo![/Quote]

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest FreeSpirit

Spoilers:

Credit:

pwinsider.com

TNA iMPACT (Airing This Week)

*The Beautiful People defeated Taylor Wilde & Madison Rayne after Rayne slapped Taylor and abandoned her.

*TNA Tag Team champions Beer Money Inc. defeated The Rock N' Rave in an Off the Wagon Challenge when Robert Roode defeated Lance Hoyt.

*Mike Tenay interviews the Main Event Mafia inside the ring. Tenay asks Sting if he will defend the TNA title against Kurt Angle at Destination X. Kevin Nash says he is the spokesperson and claims that everything within the Mafia and they are still a family. Tenay says it doesn't seem like they are united. Nash says that Tenay works for Jeff Jarrett and it was Jarrett who wanted them to kill each other in the first place. Nash said they don't have to always get along but they respect each other. He says TNA cannot beat them. Jeff Jarrett comes out and says he is seeing firsthand that Sting isn't buying any of this crap. Jarrett asks Sting where his integrity is after Angle spit right in his face. He says Sting and Angle are polar opposites and as the founder of TNA, he is allowing Angle to challenge Sting at the PPV. Booker T asked Jarrett why he founded a company of nobodies and that without the Mafia, TNA would be nothing. Jarrett told Sting and Angle he would see them later for a contract signing.

*Don West takes a house mic and announces that earlier this week, TNA management had a meeting with him about his future in the company. He says that Mike Tenay didn't do anything to defend West and tried to stay neutral. West said that Tenay is a "selfish pr*ck" and says that he knows two things - that their friendship will never be the same and Tenay can stick the mic West is holding up his ass.

*TNA X-Division champ Alex Shelley won a Four Way Ladder Match over Jay Lethal, Chris Sabin, and Consequences Creed. Suicide attacked all four and then held up the X-Division championship.

*Sojo Bolt and Rhaka Khan come out and call out Awesome Kong and Saeid, then defeat them. Kong destroys them both afterwards.

*Jeff Jarrett comes out and brings out the Main Event Mafia. Kevin Nash tells Jeff that just as Booker T told him earlier, the match is not happening. Jarrett asked Angle, "Aren't you the Godfather of the Mafia?" He compares Kurt Angle to Al Pacino and says the difference is that Angle doesn't have the balls like a real Godfather would. Angle takes the contract, then lays out Jarett. Mick Foley hits the ring but Angle grabs him in an anklelock. Sting comes out with a bat, nails Angle, then signs the contract.

Guest DarkMatchJobber

Don West turning heel makes sense because most people can't stand him anyway.

Still...two non-wrestlers feuding will probably get more air-time and attention then half of the roster currently does.

Guest Jimmy Redman

Don West...turns heel.

Don...West...turns...heel.

Seriously, lately I've been thinking that they possibly couldnt do anything anymore that could shock me with its stupidity. I was very wrong. Holy crap.

Might have to just C+P this into each Impact thread as I read it, for simplicity.

I bet that four way ladder match is class.

I'll take a look at that, first impact in months. Will West be a "Heel Commentator"? God knows the business is long overdue one of them.

I'll take a look at that, first impact in months. Will West be a "Heel Commentator"? God knows the business is long overdue one of them.
True. I mean, we haven't had a heel commentator since the distant days of December, 2007. Just over a year without one makes you wonder how we've coped all this time.

Guest Jimmy Redman
A heel commentator in itself would be fine, if it was a good one. Alas, Don West is an awful commentator, and he's not even being a heel commentator (as yet), he's turning heel on his own commentary partner.

Guest Jayfunk
Don West...turns heel.

Don...West...turns...heel.

Might have to just C+P this into each Impact thread as I read it, for simplicity.

why is it stupid?

Edited by Jayfunk

True. I mean, we haven't had a heel commentator since the distant days of December, 2007. Just over a year without one makes you wonder how we've coped all this time.

Who was that then?

Guest Jimmy Redman
Who was that then?

That would be JBL, he left commentary and went to Raw the week after Armageddon '07. A very, very sad day for wrestling, incidentally.

That would be JBL, he left commentary and went to Raw the week after Armageddon '07. A very, very sad day for wrestling, incidentally.

Ah right, I wasn't watching Smackdown at the time due to it being incredibly shit.

edited but i can see how it was funny.

But the question is still a good one. Why is turning Don West heel a stupid idea?

Because he's a commentator who has turned heel for no reason.
Ah right, I wasn't watching Smackdown at the time due to it being incredibly shit.
How did you know it was sh*t if you didn't watch it?

I thought the JBL-era was pretty good, for the most part.

The Great Khali's fued with the Undertaker featuring the Big Show crying because he was afraid of a cage match, and JBL whispering about how awesome Khali was? Yeah it was shit mate.

The Great Khali's fued with the Undertaker featuring the Big Show crying because he was afraid of a cage match, and JBL whispering about how awesome Khali was? Yeah it was shit mate.
Yes, because that was all that happened on Smackdown during that period. I must have imagined the feud between MVP and Matt Hardy, not to mention many other great things (JBL's commentary on a Sylvan/Vito match being a particular highlight among his many great stints behind the desk).

• Join the Club!

Become a member to participate in the forums and our Fan Clubs.

• Latest Club Activity