Venue:

The Liacouras Center - Philadelphia, Pennsylvania

TV Schedule:

USA: Sunday 19th April on PPV at 8e/5p - LIVE

UK: Wednesday 22nd April on Bravo 2 at 9pm

http://i70.photobucket.com/albums/i102/salleynev1/TNALockdown.jpg

TNA Presents "Lockdown" LIVE On PPV

19th April 2009

TNA Wrestling invades Philadelphia on Sunday 19th April for the "Lockdown" Extravaganza, and tickets for the event go on Sale this Saturday (28th February).

The "Lockdown" epic event will be held at the Liacouras Center in Philadelphia on Sunday 19th April starting at 8e/5p LIVE on Pay-Per-View, and will air in The UK on Wednesday 22nd April at 9pm on Bravo 2.

This is TNA's first-ever Pay-Per-View held in Philadelphia and the company’s most dangerous event of the year, where all matches are held inside a steel cage, dubbed "The Six Sides Of Steel".

"Philadelphia is one of the nation's great sports cities, starting with the World Champion Phillies. So we're thrilled to bring 'Lockdown' to the City of Brotherly Love. Philadelphia also has deep history in pro wrestling with some of the most vocal and loyal fans anywhere in the country. 'Lockdown' as an all-cage match event, is built for Philadelphia fans." said TNA Wrestling President Dixie Carter.

The stars of TNA iMPACT will headline "Lockdown" such as TNA World Heavyweight Champion Sting, Olympic Gold Medalist Kurt Angle, "The Samoan Submission Machine" Samoa Joe, Kevin Nash, Scott Steiner, Booker T, Team 3D, "The Phenomenal" A.J. Styles, The Latin American Xchange, X Division Champion Alex Shelley, World Tag Team Champions Beer Money Inc., featuring "The Cowboy" James Storm and Robert Roode, "Black Machismo" Jay Lethal, TNA Knockouts Champion Awesome Kong, ODB and "Showtime" Eric Young, among others.

Tickets for "Lockdown" will go on sale this Saturday 28th February, at the Liacouras Center Box Office, and online at ComcastTix.com. Also on February 28th, Kurt Angle will be signing free autographs, starting at 11am, at the FYE Store (100 South Broad Street) in Philadelphia.

The "Lockdown" weekend also features TNA's popular Fan Interaction, to be held on Saturday 18th April in Philadelphia. Fans will get to meet the in-ring stars of TNA, get autographs and have a photo taken alongside the stars of TNA.

The Promotional Poster for the event features the traditional TNA Wrestling Logo, with "Lockdown" as the main header dripping with blood, "Six Sides Of Steel" as a subheading, and a Steel Cage in the background!

Apologies for starting the Lockdown thread so early folks, but with tickets for the event going on sale this coming Saturday, and seeing as Lockdown is one of TNA's prominent PPV's, I thought it may benefit a handful of people to have a discussion thread up and running.

Edited by FreeSpirit

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Sparrow

From TNAwrestling.com:

DANNY BONADUCE TO WRESTLE AT THE LOCKDOWN PAY-PER-VIEW

TNA Wrestling announced today that Philadelphia-based disc jockey Danny Bonaduce will have his first pro wrestling match on Sunday, April 19, at Lockdown, inside the lethal six-sides of steel.

Bonaduce, the former wise-cracking son on the 1970s television series The Partridge Family, is the morning drive DJ on WYSP (94.1 FM) in Philadelphia.

TNA Wrestling executives would not comment on who Bonaduce's opponent will be, but confirmed that the TNA Wrestling Superstar will be in Philadelphia next Friday, March 20, for the official Contract Signing, to be held on-air during Bonaduce's radio show.

Guest Nemesis Enforcer

Bit more on that Bonaduce news:

PWInsider.com is reporting that the storyline seeds for Danny Bonaduce's forthcoming match at TNA's Lockdown PPV were actually planted about a week ago when Kurt Angle was a guest on his morning radio show. Bonaduce apparently challenged anyone from the cast of CCW to wrestle him at the PPV, and he even went so far as to say that he would stake $10,000 of his own money into the bout if he could wrestle Dennis Rodman, who Bonaduce claims he does not like at all. Kurt Angle then went on to say that if no one from CCW steps up to the plate, then he would find someone on the TNA roster that Bonaduce could wrestle.

Angle then promoted Lockdown by saying that the main event of the PPV would be Team Jarrett vs Team Angle in what will most likely be a Lethal Lockdown Match.

Credit: Wrestlezone.com

Guest FreeSpirit

Matches:

Credit:

wrestlezone

Following the TNA iMPACT tapings last night, here is the updated card for TNA's Lockdown PPV next month:

-TNA Champion Sting vs Mick Foley

-Team Jarrett vs Team Angle in a Lethal Lockdown Match (Participants TBA)

-TNA Tag Team Champions Beer Money, Inc. vs IWGP Tag Team Champions Team 3D with both sets of tag team championships on the line

-Danny Bonaduce vs Eric Young

Edited by FreeSpirit

[YOUTUBE]<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="

name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>[/YOUTUBE]

There's a decent hype video for Lockdown from about 35secs in. It does feature a little too much "posing for the camera" shots, but the music from Smashing Pumpkins (one of my favourite SP songs) fits really, really well.

Guest FreeSpirit

Credit:

pwinsider.com

Danny Bonaduce (CCW) will face Eric Young at the April 19th Lockdown PPV. Eric Young and Jeremy Borash were on Bonaduce's Philadelphia radio show this morning, where they shot the angle to sign the match. Eric Young signed the contract there in the studio, and when Bonaduce insulted Young, Young replied by calling Bonaduce a "D-List Celebrity." Bonaduce then kicked him out of the studio.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Fiona

Oh my god if that's the best they can up with celebrity wise, how sad. Danny Bonaduce of all people, what a w*nker.

Love the build Bonaduce gets insulted (actually the guy was right, he is a D-list celebrity), and then kicks the guy of the radio studio. Lamest thing I've ever heard.

Edited by Fiona

Guest Nemesis Enforcer
I expect there is going to be alot of interferance in the Bonaduce match just to cover up his very limited in-ring skills, fully agree with you though Fi about it being a lame set up for the match as even Bonaduce himself has to admit he is a nobody!

Guest Fiona
I expect there is going to be alot of interferance in the Bonaduce match just to cover up his very limited in-ring skills, fully agree with you though Fi about it being a lame set up for the match as even Bonaduce himself has to admit he is a nobody!

Limited in ring skills, newsflash he has none. Gee I wonder who will interfere, The Partridge Family. How anti-climactic that will be. That'll keep you glued to the edge of your seat.

I actually like Lockdown. Watched it before just can't believe all they could scavenge is Danny Partridge.

Edited by Fiona

Guest Nemesis Enforcer
He must have learned something from his time on Hogan's CCW :lol i'm sure he can atleast run the ropes and get slammed so that should provide for some entertainment Fi, watching him get owned by an actual wrestler

Guest Jayfunk

card thus far

SIX SIDES OF STEEL: MAIN EVENT FOR THE TNA WORLD HEAVYWEIGHT CHAMPIONSHIP

Hardcore Legend Mick Foley vs. © "The Icon" Sting

SIX SIDES OF STEEL: THE RETURN OF THE LETHAL LOCKDOWN

Team Angle (Kurt Angle, Booker T, Scott Steiner & Kevin Nash) vs. Team Jarrett (Jeff Jarrett, AJ Styles, Samoa Joe & ???)

SIX SIDES OF STEEL: WORLD TAG TEAM DOMINATION - TITLE VS. TITLE

Team 3D vs. © Beer Money, Inc

X DIVISION XSCAPE MATCH FOR THE X CHAMPIONSHIP

Black Machismo vs. Sheik Abdul Bashir vs. Consequences Creed vs. Kiyoshi vs. © Suicide

TNA KNOCKOUTS WOMENS CHAMPIONSHIP

Taylor Wilde vs. Angelina Love vs. © Awesome Kong

QUEEN OF THE CAGE MATCH

ODB vs. Madison Rayne vs. Daffney vs. Sojo Bolt

NEW JAPAN JR. TAG TEAM TITLE MATCH

The Latin American Xchange vs. No Limit vs. © The Motor City Machineguns

looking good the tag team stuff should be great

How can they call a match Tag Team Domination when they have another Tag Team title match later on in the show ?

I really want to see Foley/Sting - really, genuinely want to. This has the making of something horrendous and I can't wait.

Having two women's matches on the PPV bores me.

To be honest, overall, I'm very disappointed with the lack of unnecessary gimmicks.

Guest Jayfunk
How can they call a match Tag Team Domination when they have another Tag Team title match later on in the show ?

I think the Tag Team Domination match will be later on the show to be fair and its title verses title so it going to be like who is the most dominating team in TNA...it makes sense.

The Foley/Sting match was always going to happen since day one in TNA. I say lets get it out of the way while at least on of them still can have good match.

Not really, because one of the tag titles in TTD don't belong to TNA - so it's not 'in TNA', rather 'in the world'.

But the winner of that match can't be most dominating in the world because another team hold some sort of irrelevant title in a completely seperate match.

Sheesh.

:lol at the second part of your comment, I want a Jarrett promo when he says "Seven (not sure how long they've been about) years ago, seven long years ago when I formed TNA... when I, the owner and former and originator of TNA, created TNA - the one thing that I wanted to do, the one dream that I had... well, it was to have Sting fighting Foley."

I can just see it now :sml7:

Guest The B-Man
Foley Vs Sting... for a world belt... in 2009... Jesus.

It's a draw for TNA as they are 2 of the biggest names there.

But still I know what you mean.

With regards to Sting and Foley, you know what, I think I'll reserve judgement when I watch the match. Everything tells me that they won't pull a good match off, but you never know. Sting can work a decent match when he wants to, his matches with Joe and Angle at BFG's have shown that, but Foley isn't a Joe or Angle.

The cage will help the match, and I think Foley will do some crazy stunt. If the match is booked right, and not OTT too soon, then I think they could come away with a good match. On a side note, the fact that its Sting and Foley to me, comes across as really main event, more than most other matches the company has promoted, I guess that could be looked at as both good and bad.