Fan Clubs (beta)

Open Club  ·  55 members  ·  Free

Wrestling

Who else do you expect TNA and WWE to release this year?

Guest DarkMatchJobber

Guest DarkMatchJobber

Just over 2 months into the year and the two biggest promotions TNA and WWE have both cut a lot of talent for various reasons (mainly to cut costs) and it seems a lot of people expect further releases sooner rather than later so who do you think will be given their 'future endeavours' or whatever TNA say when they let someone go?

WWE

Candice - I think her value to the company is absolutely nil at the moment and as there are no future playboy appearances in the offing and as she is still clumsy and frankly crap in the ring she will probably be released.

Charlie Haas - His tribute act to various superstars has spawned some funny moments but it seems his character has been relegated to the dark matches which is unfortunate and with the unlikeliness of a return to RAW or even a switch to ECW or Smackdown it seems he'd be a likely release.

Dolph Ziggler - Is his gimmick entirely focused around introducing himself to other wrestlers because if that is the best creative has for him he should prepare himself to say " Hi " to the exit door.

Jillian - It's a shame WWE never bothers giving her anything worthwhile to do because she does have some entertainment value in my books as the annoying heel who clearly thinks she has a gift for singing but really can't sing for sh*t. Apparently the gimmick was given to her as a diss to Brooke Hogan but why not associate her with a heel who needs a bit of cheap heat? Sadly I figure she'll probably be released instead.

Hawkins and Ryder - A bland tag-team with absolutely nothing to distinguish themselves from their rivals so a release is likely.

Eve - They are so bored with her already she is doing....nothing! release must be likely.

Ryan Braddock - He's on the roster page for Smackdown on wwe.com which is probably the only way anybody will know he is even employed...a certain cut I reckon.

Bella twins - When the temporary fascination with " Gee whizz they're twins! " runs out then I think WWE will realise they are identical in more ways than one...they're equally crap.

TNA

Kip James - Well past his prime and offers absolutely nothing to the company and The Beautiful People don't need him.

Roxxi - Not very interesting and certainly expendable.

Shark Boy - Eventually TNA will realise he is opening comedy fodder at best and release him.

SoCal Val - How does she still have a job?

Shane Sewell - Looks like a fool when he gets angry and I doubt anyone will miss his refereeing or wrestling skills.

Edited by DarkMatchJobber

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Shane Sewell - Looks like a fool when he gets angry and I doubt anyone will miss his refereeing or wrestling skills.

I beeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeelieve that DC disagrees.

I genuinely have faith that if TNA release Kip then the economy will pretty much balance itself out from there.

Guest Citizen Kane
Koslov might not last much longer if the reports about Vince not being as high on him are true. Which hopefully they are.

Guest DarkMatchJobber
Kozlov has been regularly featured in matches with main-event talent which doesn't seem to me like a sign that Vince isn't high on him.

Guest Chriscare
Koslov might not last much longer if the reports about Vince not being as high on him are true. Which hopefully they are.

I'll be very shocked if they get rid of Koslov in the next year or two. They kept Snitsky for 4 years!! It's one thing to sour on someone and halt their push, it's another entirely to release them.

I'm trying to think of who is in the last 10 years who's gone from a main event push to being released in the shortest amount of time. Other than over paid ex WCW guys Chris Masters is the only one that springs to mind (and his was barely a main event push) and he was their 2 and a half years. Anyone got a better one?

Guest Nemesis Enforcer

Just had a look at the roster pages on wwe.com as I couldn't remember who half of the rosters were and from those I have a feeling that we shall see the departure of the following people

Charlie Haas

Curt Hawkins

Zack Ryder

Kizarny

Ryan Braddock

Tiffany

Tyson Kidd

Its the same reason for them all too, they are not going to be missed and are just taking up money that WWE needs in the current economic climate

Guest Citizen Kane
Kozlov has been regularly featured in matches with main-event talent which doesn't seem to me like a sign that Vince isn't high on him.

He's also performed very poorly in matches with main-event talent, so I can't see it being too long until this push of his ends. OK, he wouldn't get released straight away, but I can't see how he'd last too long after that.

Guest Chriscare
He's also performed very poorly in matches with main-event talent, so I can't see it being too long until this push of his ends. OK, he wouldn't get released straight away, but I can't see how he'd last too long after that.

Then allow me to paint the picture.

Now - Wrestlemania: Koslov continues to look a threat.

Post Wrestlemania - Decemeber 2009: Koslov goes over the midcarders, but loses to the top talents, with at least one loss to help elevate a midcarder (most likely the MITB winner).

2010 - Koslov switches brands and gets another push for a few months, before being beaten by John Cena. Then begins to lose to the future stars of the company. WWE consider firing him but it turns out he his bringing in a Ukrainian fan base.

2011 - Koslov gets taken to his first ever baseball game by MVP and becomes "Ballin'" Koslov, and his hillarious comedy routine captures that hearts of children everywhere and he even has a year long IC title run.

2012 - His contract is running out, but after hearing that TNA want Koslov for their new comedy division, WWE signs him to a 10 year contract. After the writers run out of things to do he is sent to FCW to tune up his ring skills.

2013 - Koslov dies of steroids. Everyone is really sad because he has won over the hearts of the nation.

Then allow me to paint the picture.

Now - Wrestlemania: Koslov continues to look a threat.

Post Wrestlemania - Decemeber 2009: Koslov goes over the midcarders, but loses to the top talents, with at least one loss to help elevate a midcarder (most likely the MITB winner).

2010 - Koslov switches brands and gets another push for a few months, before being beaten by John Cena. Then begins to lose to the future stars of the company. WWE consider firing him but it turns out he his bringing in a Ukrainian fan base.

2011 - Koslov gets taken to his first ever baseball game by MVP and becomes "Ballin'" Koslov, and his hillarious comedy routine captures that hearts of children everywhere and he even has a year long IC title run.

2012 - His contract is running out, but after hearing that TNA want Koslov for their new comedy division, WWE signs him to a 10 year contract. After the writers run out of things to do he is sent to FCW to tune up his ring skills.

2013 - Koslov dies of steroids. Everyone is really sad because he has won over the hearts of the nation.

Sounds very familiar.

Guest hendrixsummer69

2013 - Koslov dies of steroids.

at least that wont happen to koslov you wont be able to understand what he says btw does he speak in english in his promos because it sounds like a mix of russian and english

Guest JamesMXPX

Charlie Haas

Curt Hawkins

Zack Ryder

Kizarny

Ryan Braddock

Tiffany

Tyson Kidd

I don't know whether to agree with you.

First and foremost, I like Tyson, and hope he doesn't get released. BUT, the gimmick he's got is very basic, and chances are he won't get over. He doesn't particularly standout to me, compared to someone like Evan Bourne.

So I think you could be right unless they swap around with his gimmick in the next 6 months.

Guest Nemesis Enforcer
Tyson Kidd just seems like one of those guys who if he isn't over in a month he will be dumped back into FCW and then released to me and that is just what I can see happening to be honest with you

Guest Jayfunk
TNA

Kip James - Well past his prime and offers absolutely nothing to the company and The Beautiful People don't need him.

Roxxi - Not very interesting and certainly expendable.

Shark Boy - Eventually TNA will realise he is opening comedy fodder at best and release him.

SoCal Val - How does she still have a job?

I agree with the guys but disagree with the girls roxxi if pushed correctly and alloud to actually wrestle would be great. I like val there isn't enough managers these days

Guest Chriscare
But Roxxi is terrible when she is allowed to wrestle, so I can't see her all of a sudden getting good. She's got nothing going for her what so ever. Most of the TNA Knockouts are pretty shocking, but Roxxi stands out by far as one of the worst wrestlers on the roster. She can't sell properly, she can't bump properly, she can't excute moves properly, she's a complete waste of space.

Guest Jayfunk
But Roxxi is terrible when she is allowed to wrestle, so I can't see her all of a sudden getting good.

i disagree because it would be all of a sudden, He shimmer work is great her matches with Kong were fanastic much better than the Gail kim matches.

Roxxi's gimmick doesn't help her much either. but the ladder match she had against kim was good

Guest Nemesis Enforcer
TNA needs a Finlay style guy if they are going to sign up the more WWE type woman who has little to no wretsling experiance and have them in the ring, someone who can bring them on gradually to atleast compitent ability

The worst thing they could have done with Roxxi is pigeon-hole her into the "hardcore" style of wrestling that went out of fashion in the late-90s... and that's exactly what they did.

As "The Voodoo Queen", she had a unique character that stood out from the rest of the roster and gave TNA plenty of options where to take her, but now, she is simply classed as a hardcore wrestler in a promotion that has half the roster using weapons (seriously, if you watch the title sequence to Explosion, you'd think every match and wrestler had a weapon of some kind).

The only way this hardcore thing could work is if she was paired with Abyss... and even then, it would be passé.

• Join the Club!

Become a member to participate in the forums and our Fan Clubs.

• Latest Club Activity