Fan Clubs (beta)

Open Club  ·  55 members  ·  Free

Wrestling

Wrestlemania Rituals

Guest Fiona

Guest Fiona

We did this last year and with lots of new members let's do it again.

The night wrestling fans have been waiting for all year is just around the corner, Wrestlemania. Is there anything you do at home in order to get you hyped up for the show? It could be anything from wearing a lucky garment, to having the same friends over to watch the broadcast. So let's hear what your Wrestlmania Rituals are.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We did this last year and with lots of new members let's do it again.

The night wrestling fans have been waiting for all year is just around the corner, Wrestlemania. Is there anything you do at home in order to get you hyped up for the show? It could be anything from wearing a lucky garment, to having the same friends over to watch the broadcast. So let's hear what your Wrestlmania Rituals are.

AWW crap, I forgot all about the ritual. Now I've got to find a virgin to sacrifice on the altar of the Undertaker at this late date....damn, it's so close now.

And where am I going to get the black silk robes at the last minute, they have to be custom made. And the gems take hours to arrange and stitch on in the rune patterns. I may have left it too late this year....Michaels may have lucked out..

PS : I'm joking. In all seriousness, I'll probably be staring at the black screen of Virgin Media's /fail again this year. I think the lesson has been learned now, so might not see WM25 until 2-3 days after.

Guest deathbedlaura

not rituals but me and the fella with be watching with a pizza and a few beers.

what happened last year with virgin media? i watched online!

Nothing much in the way of ritual although i've always tended to have Pringles and deep pan pizza during the event. I also tend to buy them just before the local shops shut, during the event i've usually been waking my mother up all night long as i make regular toilet trips.

Moved out now so that shall not be much trouble, plus the fact that i'll be in South East Asia and 7 time zones away.

Guest Edgedogg
Generally I would have a big group over with drinks and food and maybe take some bets with anyone thats interested.......This year will be different tho......I will be at Wrestlemania :).....I'm going to try get a TalkWrestlingOnline.com sign up there for all to see. ;)

Guest Y2James

No rituals.

I will probably be on TWO the night before and then record it on SKY+. Then wake up in the morning. I tend to do nothing that I wouldn't do for any other PPV except wake up earlier probably.

Guest Laffy

1. Book long Weekend off
  2. Buy snacks and drinks
  3. Phone Mark, Tony and posibly Becca this year
  4. At 5:30 start last years Wrestlemania
  5. Surf TWO looking at peoples predictions
  6. Just as the shows about to start shout It's Wrestlemania Baby! Woooooo! run my hands through my hair and do the Ric flair Strut
  7. Jump on bed and watch. Occasionally texting Mark or Tony.

I have done that sequence of events apart from number one since wrestlmania 15 the first i saw live. Last 6 years only booked time off work.

Guest HH-Evolution

Gonna see if I can free up some change for a pizza, and some general eats, as I pipe Mania through a stream on the Big TV Via the PS3.

Of course, the hours leading up to it I'll probably play some SDVR09/SF4/RE5.

{heck, if anyone wants a challenge come Mania night for that, Robikku is the PSN you should add. :D}

Guest Fiona

[*]Just as the shows about to start shout It's Wrestlemania Baby! Woooooo! run my hands through my hair and do the Ric flair Strut

I coming over just to see that Laffy.:P

not rituals but me and the fella with be watching with a pizza and a few beers.

what happened last year with virgin media? i watched online!

It's become something of a tradition that every year, when I purchase WM, it dissolves into a jaged hash of pixels followed by the screen turning black. Had to watch it on the repeats 2 years running. Last year, I had to watch 3 sets of repeats to see the whole show. Not bothering this year, I think I'll stick to my "alternative viewing arrangements" ritual that I have with all the other PPV's.

Guest MastersGonads

I work from 6am through till about 1am...and phone Nimf around about 9pm!

Although this is the first year I wont be at Mania...so it feels weird!

Guest FreeSpirit

When I haven't been at the actual event, my WrestleMania normally consists of this:

1: Put beers In fridge during the day

2: Watch WrestleMania while consuming beers

3: Go To Sleep after the show

4: Wake up next day with an almighty hangover

5: Do it all again the next night for RAW

Guest Evil Monkey
Don't normally have a ritual, but this year I have the day after off work, so I will go to bed for a few hours and get up about 10 minutes before it starts, get some snacks together, and me and a mate (maybe 2) will chill, watch it and talk sh1t!

Guest aceytrixx
Well since I wont be able to watch it live this year(damn work) I'll probably just have some folks round on monday night get some beers in and watch it then. Not really got any rituals though perhaps this might be the year to start

Guest Da Showstoppa
It's become something of a tradition that every year, when I purchase WM, it dissolves into a jaged hash of pixels followed by the screen turning black. Had to watch it on the repeats 2 years running. Last year, I had to watch 3 sets of repeats to see the whole show. Not bothering this year, I think I'll stick to my "alternative viewing arrangements" ritual that I have with all the other PPV's.

I demanded a refund, and still got a free rerun too! Virgin Media redeemed themselves, but boy was I pi$$ed!

Guest jim vs shark

I tend to turn my phone off, and don't go on the internet at all between Smackdown and Wrestlemania. I'll probably keep the habit going until after RAW.

I'm curious to see how i'll react to Wrestlemania this year seeing as this will be the first Wrestlemania i've seen without alcohol being part of the equation.

Guest Shane O Mac
Usually I'll have either the Sunday off work or just the evening, get some snacks ready(subway...yum), have a nap in the evening so I'm awake for it...and be texting Nat during it :)

• Join the Club!

Become a member to participate in the forums and our Fan Clubs.

• Latest Club Activity