Fan Clubs (beta)

Open Club  ·  55 members  ·  Free

Wrestling

5 WWE facts you didn't know

The Icon

Post five facts you think WWE fans wouldn't know.

HHH was to go over Taker at WM 17, but ticked managment off (Can't remember why off hand) and thus Taker's streak was saved

Wrestlemania 2000 was originally booked with an Austin/Big Show main event in mind.... That was the thinking from the moment Wight signed

Vince wanted to wrestle a Panda on a UK PPV just to mess with the other WWF during the lawsuit between the two companies

The WWE signed the wrong one legged wrestler when they originally courted Zach Gowen

Mr. Perfect was booked to win the 1990 Royal Rumble, but Hogan audibled that call and put himself over

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

HHH was to go over Taker at WM 17, but ticked managment off (Can't remember why off hand) and thus Taker's streak was saved

From what I heard/read from a few sources - it was HBK's fault - he was meant to get involved in the angle, at HHH's request - and he turned up "unable to perform" in the build up - so HHH copped the heat for it.

From what I heard/read from a few sources - it was HBK's fault - he was meant to get involved in the angle, at HHH's request - and he turned up "unable to perform" in the build up - so HHH copped the heat for it.

Yes this "unable to perform" is true. Actually at one point HBK was to even have a match at the PPV. I am not sure if he was ever to be involved with Taker and HHH though.

Guest SuperKick Kid
I always took "unable to perform" as coked/drunk off his skull.

Allegedly.

Yeah, he was pretty much still into drugs and alcohol then. It wasn't until around early 2002, I think, that he finally got clean.

Guest Y2James

I have no real sources, but here goes:

1. John Cena used to be a limo driver.

2. Ric Flair is adopted. Due to a scandal at the hospital he was born in, he does not know his true birthplace or birth name.

3. Jake Roberts never won a championship belt in the WWE.

4. The first Wrestlemania is the only one not to feature a WWE Championship match.

5. Kurt Angle vs Brock Lesnar is the only Wrestlemania main event to have its participants using thier real names.

I wouldn't exactly say most of these were 'facts.'

Rumours at the time were that Show/Austin was a certainty for Wrestlemania 2000 but they were just that - 'rumours' - and that's without even going into the fact that they did a Show/Austin match anyway about 14 minutes after Big Show debuted.

Mr. Perfect/Hogan thing I've always heard was a bullshit Scott Keith story that he pulled out of his ample ass like another story which was attributed to him, that being the story of Luger getting drunk and telling people the night before Wrestlemania 10 he was going to win the belt so Vince changed the plans last minute and went with Bret. Meltzer has rubbished it and said that Bret had always been scheduled to win the belt.

Michaels one, by all accounts, is probably true. Plans had been Triple H vs. Michaels from what I heard but Michaels was off his tits after Triple H went to bat for him so they went with Taker/Triple H instead and Trips did the J-O-B.

Random ass ones pulled from the air are that The Undertaker has a deathly phobia of cucumbers and the wrestlers used to rib him by putting bits of cucumber in the gloves he used to wear. The WWF also had no idea Paul Bearer used to be a real life pallbearer when they brought him in to be Paul Bearer.

Hornswoggle has a 14 inch mickey.

Maybe I made that last one up but, then again, maybe I didn't.

Edited by Naitch

Yes I did, and it confused me. Does that mean that they signed Zach Gowen by accident, or someone else? :?

Someone else. Steve Chamberland to be exact. They offered him a 3 year contract thinking he was Zach Gowen. Not sure if Steve ever got to actually sign it.

It was Paul Heyman off all people who noticed the mistake.

Wasn't there a rumour Great Sasuke was going to be the relaunched Light Hvt champion in 1997 but told loads of reporters in Japan, so they gave it to Taka instead?

Other interesting ones:

Triple H was supposed to win the KOTR in 1996 before the infamous curtain call incident.

Virgin was supposedly hired after slapping his apparent enormous wang onto the table of Pat Patterson.

Guest Nemesis Enforcer

Can't think of 5 off the top of my head but I do remember reading the following in various mags and news sites:

Smackdown was originally planned to be an all Diva brand, the plan was dropped before the show hit TV

Virgil was named that to mock Dusty Rhodes, who's middle name is Virgil

Mark Calloway was originally going to be inside the giant egg which hatched at Survivor Series in 1990, was going to be called 'The Egg Man' and feud with Hogan, shortly before the event they thought better and brought him in as The Undertaker instead and stuck Hector Guerrero in there as The Gobbledy Gooker

Mark Calloway was originally going to be inside the giant egg which hatched at Survivor Series in 1990, was going to be called 'The Egg Man' and feud with Hogan, shortly before the event they thought better and brought him in as The Undertaker instead and stuck Hector Guerrero in there as The Gobbledy Gooker

Really?? That would have been awful! The only way that could be any more awful would be if they teamed him up with some fat guy and called him "The Walrus":doh32:

Guest Nemesis Enforcer
Yep really, I have read that story time and again over the years all saying the same thing about who was originally going to be in the egg

Guest Da Showstoppa

Virgil was named that to mock Dusty Rhodes, who's middle name is Virgil

Yep, and WCW turned it around and called him "Vincent" to mock (Guess)

1: The Undertaker's original name was supposed to be "Cain The Undertaker"

2: Stone Cold's nickname was given to him by his ex wife who came from England. Austin was sitting at home thinking of names when his wife made him a cup of tea and told him to "drink it before it goes stone cold" WWE creative was coming up with brilliant names like "Ice Dagger" and "Fang McFrost"

3: Mankind's original name was to be "Mason the Mutilator" Foley nixed the idea.

4: The main event at WMVIII was supposed to end in DQ when Papa Shango interfered - Shango was late getting to the ring, and Sid had to kick out of the Legdrop. Wippleman quickly entered the ring to cause the DQ.

5: Davey Boy Smith was supposed to be the fourth member of the nWo - but resigned a five year deal with WWE. Apparently the original plan was to entice Bret Hart over to be the 3rd (Which obviously ended up being Hogan)

• Join the Club!

Become a member to participate in the forums and our Fan Clubs.

• Latest Club Activity