Fan Clubs

RAW Discussion Thread - July 13, 2009 from Orlando, FL (#842)

TPIB

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Tommate2k9

Raw should be a good laugh.. I'm excited about this. It's competently fresh and out of the blue, but somehow seems like it's going to work.

Seth Green is a legend!

Guest The GS
It should be good.. As long as he doesn't win a World title like David Arquette did during his short appearance in WCW.

Seth Green is just pure awesomeness in my book. I think the guy is hilarious and oh so talented. I am really looking forward to him not only being on RAW, but actually talking and making matches and everything. Should be interesting.

When WWE started the idea of having a Guest Host every week and saying that a celebrity could be a Guest Host, I thought what a lot of others probably thought; that it was just a way to hype the concept and we would see wrestlers and wrestling-related people show up like Ric Flair or Eric Bischoff (especially after the first two Guest Hosts were Batista and Ted DiBiase). I think this is a great move and announcing it ahead of time should do wonders for ratings and any tickets that are still available for RAW. This really makes me believe that we could see anybody show up as Guest Host. It's really something to look forward to every week. Who knows who could be Host next week? It could be Jay Leno or even Sarah Palin. So many exciting names come to mind that could do the show.

There is little chance of it happening, I'm sure, but wouldn't it be something to see RAW arrive in Washington, D.C. and have the President of the United States as the Guest Host?

I'm not saying that having a wrestler or wrestling-related person serve as Guest Host would not be exciting. I would love to see Paul Heyman run RAW for a night. They could have a WWE talent run RAW that no one would really expect, like Jim Ross or Jerry Lawler.

It could be Jay Leno or even Sarah Palin. So many exciting names come to mind that could do the show.
You talk about exciting names and use Sarah Palin? Really?

Guest JamesMXPX

I would laugh if they put Michael Cole as the General Manager of Raw for one night.

"Ladies and Gentlemen, please welcome tonight's Guest Host of Monday Night Raw.... MICHAEL COLE!" :lol

You talk about exciting names and use Jay Leno and Sarah Palin? Really?

Edited because let's not forget how unexciting a name Jay Leno is. If Conan did it, it'd be the greatest Raw of all time short of Stephen Colbert, but Leno? Leno's done wrestlnig before and it was awful. And Leno himself is awful.

Guest John Hancock
Colbert couldn't do RAW, he'd just subvert it and intentionally, and hilariously, completely ruin the show to amuse himself.

And that's why he'd be the greatest host of all time. WWE, being pro-republican, wouldn't be any the wiser because many republicans are stupid enough to believe that Colbert is really the character he portrays. And then Vince and Joey Styles could have a meltdown together when they finally get it (admittedly, Joey would know ahead of time, but Vince probably wouldn't).

I'm failing to see how Colbert would be a bad thing for Raw.

Guest John Hancock

It would be amazing T.V., but it would be bad for Raw, because he'd just make everything look as stupid as it is. He'll end up making literally everyone look like an idiot (not a challenge in WWE really) and make wrestling as a concept look even more ridiculous than it is. Plus, as you said, Vinnie Mac ain't employing no pinkos.

It would the best Raw ever, but it'll never happen.

C-Lister? Are you kidding?

The man's been in tons of films, is one of the voices on one of the most successful animated programs ever AND is a genuinely funny guy.

Guest Cathal
Being genuinely funny does not make one an A-Lister so there goes that excuse. I've never heard of him and he's nowhere near being an A-Lister, I'm certain of that. What's his biggest claim to fame, being in Austin Powers?

Well that's a pretty huge claim to fame, to be honest; Austin Powers was no flop of a movie. And he has been in Family Guy, Buffy The Vampire Slayer, That '70s Show, Heroes, and has been Emmy-nominated. That's not the portfolio (and that's about a 5th of what he has actually done) of a C-lister. Just because you've never heard of him, doesn't mean the rest of the world hasn't. And since half of the world has seen an Austin Powers movie, I'd hazard that a hell of a lot of people know who Seth Green is, far more than those know who Ted Dibiase and Batista are.

PLUS: you're all forgetting that this is PR because HHH is appearing on an upcoming episode of Seth's Robot Chicken.

Edited by DraVen

Alright, fair enough, he's not that famous... however, just because you haven't heard of him, doesn't mean other people haven't. To call him a C-Lister is too harsh.

EDIT: What TMJ said :lol

Guest Cathal

OK, I'll upgrade him to B-list. Still, if they're gonna do a celebrity I'd rather have them do a name instantly recognizable by most of the world and I'm 99% sure tha Seth Green is not that name. Seriously, I've seen Austin Powers and still didn't know who this guy was and I'm sure most people who've seen it wouldn't either.

Looked at his Wiki, he hosts some show called Robot Chicken, no idea what that is and have never come across it on TV or heard anyone talk about. This seems like a TNA level celebrity.

• Join the early access

Members are able to join clubs and participate in the forums.

• Latest Club Activity