Fan Clubs

Open Club  ·  55 members  ·  Free

Wrestling

WWE Rehire Nick Dinsmore

Guest Jimmy Redman

Guest Jimmy Redman

Following from the other thread...

--WWE has signed Nick Dinsmore. They want him to help groom young talent.
Edited by Jimmy Redman

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Jayfunk
WWE has signed Nick Dinsmore. They want him to help groom young talent.

Why not hire someone decent then with a proen track record Finley would be perfect, just look what he did with the likes of Trish who at first couldn't wrestle or even sell at all then she turned out to be ok in the end

Guest Jayfunk
How much do you know about Dinsmore? Anything beyond the fact that he played Eugene?

Well has he was trained by Dean Malenko and William Regal who are both on in WWE, wouldn't the former who has done sooo much more in the business be amore logical choice? i don't think a glorified Job guy is up for it personally but going back to my point there better people they could hire for that role

Edited by Jayfunk

Well has he was trained by Dean Malenko and William Regal who are both on in WWE, wouldn't the former who has done sooo much more in the business be amore logical choice? i don't think a glorified Job guy is up for it personally but going back to my point there better people they could hire for that role

So thats a no then.

And why should it matter how he was pushed in the WWE as to if he should train or not? Malenko was hardly WHC, Finlay wasnt even put on TV when he started training the women.

Guest Jayfunk
So thats a no then.

And why should it matter how he was pushed in the WWE as to if he should train or not? Malenko was hardly WHC, Finlay wasnt even put on TV when he started training the women.

It is important and what is the main problem these days, people start up schools who bascially have done nothing in the industry sure Dinsmore might have won the OVW world title like 9 times but its OVW it means nothing, Surely the best company in the world should have the best person for the job, this is WWE problem they do settle for people who are not good enough to be in there company.

Finlay had years of experience Dinsmore has wrestled since 1997, 12 years that is average these days.

His push is not important its what he did with it that was, eg nothing.

I just think that the WWE could have done better.

Guest Jayfunk
Another case of Jay being ignorant.....

if ignorant is wanting the WWE to hire the very best people in the right position so they can build a decent future for the business then yes i am, otherwise nice contribution to the debate as normal scotty, not.

Guest ScottyB
No, it's ignorant because both DS and Mitch have told you he has more than passable credentials for the job, but you're just ignoring that and saying he shouldn't get the job because he isn't Finlay or Malenko or some other guy who has 20+ years experience.

Guest Jayfunk
No, it's ignorant because both DS and Mitch have told you he has more than passable credentials for the job, but you're just ignoring that and saying he shouldn't get the job because he isn't Finlay or Malenko or some other guy who has 20+ years experience.

i am not ignoring it, i am disagreeing with it there is a different.

I think Dean Malenko would be a far better choice because:

• He has a proven track record as an agent, which is helping talent build matches and promos
  • He has a proven track record as a wrestler being the PWI number one in 1997. He has had great matches in his past and is very technical
  • He has a proven track record with training wrestler especiallty as Dinsmore was trained by him

All these quality make him pass Dinsmore in all most every way in my opinion

so if you where the WWE whio would you hire?

I dont think he is being ignorant, DS and Mitch think he has passable credentials for the job, Jay isnt ignoring that, infact he's acknoledged their credentials, but has said that he thinks there are people BETTER suited for the job.

I'm fully aware of things that Dinsmore achieved particularly in OVW, but personally agree with him that Malenko, Regal or Finlay would be more qualified. They have worked for countless large companies, all over the world, and have worked over a longer period of time, with a larger selection of world class superstars.

They havent got the jobs for a reason, wehter they dont want it, WWE high ups dont want them to have it, they have enough already on their plates, whatever..

But it dosent mean that you are ignorant if you are of the opinion that someone else is better qualified

i am not ignoring it, i am disagreeing with it there is a different.

I think Dean Malenko would be a far better choice because:

• He has a proven track record as an agent, which is helping talent build matches and promos
  • He has a proven track record as a wrestler being the PWI number one in 1997. He has had great matches in his past and is very technical
  • He has a proven track record with training wrestler especiallty as Dinsmore was trained by him

All these quality make him pass Dinsmore in all most every way in my opinion

so if you where the WWE whio would you hire?

Did you ever think that maybe Malenko doesn't want to do it, or that they value him more in his current role, or that he'd rather be a road agent than a trainer?

It's not like they just look through their talent and go "you're gonna do it" or else they could pick guys like Arn Anderson or Steamboat who arguably could do a greater job.

They clearly want someone who knows current WWE style, current WWE conduct, is young and fit enough to show them how to do everything and also someone they can relate to who can work a number of styles. Now can Arn, Malenko, Finlay, Steamboat, etc etc tick all those boxes?

No, so there's your answer.

EDIT: Oh and glorified job guy? I didn't realise that if you aren't trained by a megastar you won't amount to anything. Best tell 3/4 of the biggest stars in wrestling history that.

Edited by Jung

Malenko is out of ring shape and hasnt wrestled for a long time, how can you have a trainer who cant perform and show how to hit a move? Maybe he doenst even want the job, did you think of that?

Dinsmore is an excellent wrestler (dont judge him by the Eugene characters in ring performance) who has shown the ability to connect to the crowd... something Malenko struggled to do, and for the WWE its a more important ability than chain wrestling.

And if you want to go by achievements in wrestling maybe Big Show, Khali, or Batista or Cena should become trainer when they retire. No?

edit: Jung got it spot on.

Malenko is out of ring shape and hasnt wrestled for a long time, how can you have a trainer who cant perform and show how to hit a move? Maybe he doenst even want the job, did you think of that?

Dinsmore is an excellent wrestler (dont judge him by the Eugene characters in ring performance) who has shown the ability to connect to the crowd... something Malenko struggled to do, and for the WWE its a more important ability than chain wrestling.

And if you want to go by achievements in wrestling maybe Big Show, Khali, or Batista or Cena should become trainer when they retire. No?

edit: Jung got it spot on.

Stu Hart trained some of the best wrestlers in the world when he was like 60+ years old.

Come on now, Khali? The guys he mentionned were spoken about because they combined achievements with the ability to wrestle a solid match and that they have experience of mentoring and teaching.

Its unfair to try and make him look stupid and call him ignorant when what he is saying is clearly a valid opinion

Guest Dante Spears
wouldn't the former who has done sooo much more in the business be amore logical choice?

Maybe he didn't want to be a trainer at the moment.

i don't think a glorified Job guy is up for it personally but going back to my point there better people they could hire for that role

Look at Chris Jericho, arguably one of the best wrestlers in the WWE today and he was trained by a 60 year, overweight, far sighted ex-referee. And did it hurt Jericho that he was trained by this man? no.

Stu Hart trained some of the best wrestlers in the world when he was like 60+ years old.

Yes he did, to a different style than the WWE use now. So point nullified.

Come on now, Khali? The guys he mentionned were spoken about because they combined achievements with the ability to wrestle a solid match and that they have experience of mentoring and teaching.

He said it shouldnt be people who have done nothing in the industry, whats bigger in the industry than winning the WWE belt? A few years in Japan? If anyone believes that they are tools.

But seriously, who has done more for the industry, Malenko or Cena? Or Malenko or Big Show? Or Malenko or Batista?

heres a hint, its not Malenko any time. WWE dont give a toss about anythign other than what they need, and thats someone who can wrestle a WWE style and Malenko struggled to do that.

Its unfair to try and make him look stupid and call him ignorant when what he is saying is clearly a valid opinion

But its a wrong one. Dinsmore is more than qualified for the job and Jay doesnt know if anyone else turned it down first, so his opinion is based on incomplete facts and ignorance of what people can bring to the table.

Guest Fiona

I say give Dinsmore or Eugene or whatever his name is a chance. Just because you feel someone may be better doesn't mean that's it's so.

The person you want may not be available or want to do it. The WWE has enough sense (I hope) to know what they want and who is qualified to do the job.

Yes he did, to a different style than the WWE use now. So point nullified.

But Finlay and Regal wrestle for WWE now, so not really.

He said it shouldnt be people who have done nothing in the industry, whats bigger in the industry than winning the WWE belt? A few years in Japan? If anyone believes that they are tools.

But seriously, who has done more for the industry, Malenko or Cena? Or Malenko or Big Show? Or Malenko or Batista?

heres a hint, its not Malenko any time. WWE dont give a toss about anythign other than what they need, and thats someone who can wrestle a WWE style and Malenko struggled to do that.

He was making sensible selections of people who achieved more than Dinsmore both in WWE and otherwise and have a history of training and working with younger talent. He wasn't listing whose won the most world titles and saying they should get the job.

Just because WWE want people to work WWE style dosent mean that Jay should want them too, and if he thinks that by someone else tutoring them they get better and work a less rigid style then thats his opinion. (not wanting to put words in his mouth by the way.)

But its a wrong one. Dinsmore is more than qualified for the job and Jay doesnt know if anyone else turned it down first, so his opinion is based on incomplete facts and ignorance of what people can bring to the table.

Whether anyone else turned it down is irrelevant because he never mentionned that.

He is'nt being ignorant, as i mentionned earlier he is aware of Dinsmores achievements

And how can his opinion be wrong? If everyone has to have the same opinion then there is really no point in a forum.