Fan Clubs

Open Club  ·  55 members  ·  Free

Wrestling

TNA is about to get a whole lot more shittier.

Guest ScottyB

Guest ScottyB

From GawdAlmighty.

The change backstage in TNA has began as creative team member Dutch Mantel and agent Savio Vega have been let go. The move to let Mantel and Vega go was reportedly from TNA President Dixie Carter.

Word from within TNA is that more cuts backstage are to be expected. Vince Russo has been telling people of his concern regarding his job security, but the general belief amongst those in TNA is that his job is safe.

This may be a move by Dixie Carter to remove Jeff Jarrett from power within the company, as Mantel and Vega were signings of Jarrett.

This pretty much leaves Russo with sole booking power :doh32:

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest John Hancock

Sometimes I honestly think TNA are TRYING to be so awful.

I've totally given up on TNA as a viable company to bring about a second Monday Night War. Hopefully all this stupid politics will kill the company stone cold dead, so that a new potential rival for WWE can take their place.

Pretty much. At this point, the only interesting thing about TNA is the backstage politics and as far as I'm concerned with the TV product, they might as well just pack up and quit. It's a lost cause. The people in the company don't have a clue, the wrestlers hate the place, the television is awful, RUSSO UNFILTERED, no one will break out as a star, and WWE are too far ahead to even consider competition.

Just kill it. I'm done with TNA. I lived through WCW 98-01 and I just can't relive that sh*t again.

Guest Jayfunk
your be missed. Honestly some people talk crap, russo wasn't head booker in TNA so some of the so called bad ideas may not have even came from them, who knows who carter will hire to replace them, it may be bad but it also maybe good as well to freshen up the booking

Guest MojoPogo
Actually, given TNA's recent storylines, thats relatively sensible......seriously, are these people on crack or something?

Guest The Beltster
To be honest, what difference will it make? TNA WITH Dutch Mantell was shite, and it will be shite without him. Him being there made zero positive impact so good riddance. At least this is the start of change, with Russo being a Jarrett guy, he might get the boot soon too.

Guest Fiona

It looks like to get something good out of TNA the overhaul should start from the top on down.

Maybe if the fans would start speaking up instead of defending everything they do there might be changes made that are positive. As long as the fans stay quiet nothing will change for the better.

To be honest, what difference will it make? TNA WITH Dutch Mantell was shite, and it will be shite without him. Him being there made zero positive impact so good riddance. At least this is the start of change, with Russo being a Jarrett guy, he might get the boot soon too.

Russo isn't a Jarrett guy - they haven't seen eye to eye on a lot of stuff in TNA (from what I gather, anyway. Could be wrong). Mantell was much more a Jarrett guy, hence he's gone, and if Jarrett and Mantell are gone then Cornette probably isn't far behind (and I can't wait for the interviews when that happens). Plus, as bad as TNA was/is, Jarrett filtered a lot of the bad stuff like Vince used to filter Russo too. Unfiltered, and without a co-writer, we get WCW 99/00 which was the worst television. And to TNA's credit, it's not as bad as WCW 99/00 yet.

Guest The Beltster

Although TNA is pretty much proving this opinion wrong on a weekly basis, I dont think Carter will allow it to get to the point where Russo is just throwing out his awful brand of nonsense. I think surely she MUST be smarter than that, its her Dad's money afterall, I hope that alone is enough to force her to make changes and ditch Russo.

TNA has a good roster, they should be growing year in and year out. Although he isnt interested and may have lost his touch and be out of touch, Heyman given 100% creative would be a massive plus.

Guest Jimmy Redman
Although TNA is pretty much proving this opinion wrong on a weekly basis, I dont think Carter will allow it to get to the point where Russo is just throwing out his awful brand of nonsense. I think surely she MUST be smarter than that, its her Dad's money afterall, I hope that alone is enough to force her to make changes and ditch Russo.

She pretty much has done so for the whole time though. TNA have never made a profit in seven years, remember. And that by all accounts she thinks that the product and TNA's progress and everything are doing just peachy, and loves Russo. So I dont think Dixie's loyalty will be a problem for them, at least for a while yet.

Not exactly true - TNA are now in the black and starting to pay off the debts of the previous 7 years, but that's not lasting for long since buyrates are dead and house show business is dying, not to mention no more video game after the failure of the TNA one (Midway all but disowned it because it sold horribly).

All TNA cares about is the TV ratings and distribution, and since ratings are increasing on average by a tiny amount every year, Dixie's not going to axe Russo just yet. I wouldn't think, anyway. If she does, good. If she doesn't, it wouldn't shock me.

Do you reckon they might ever get to the stage where they abandon PPV's then, seeing as they don't generate sod all and are just an expense? Especially when half the time they use PPV's to build TV.

Guest Jimmy Redman

A few months ago Meltzer and Alvarez had a big discussion about, if their worst PPVs are actually LOSING MONEY, they should seriously start to consider cutting some. Obviously hasnt happened.

I'd love for it to happen though, if only to see how a less-than-12 PPV schedule plays out in 2009.

It would probably be in their best interest to run PPV every four months like ECW used to do, if at all. It would be a better build for their 'storylines.'

TNA is snowballing fast. I don't envy anyone who gets in the way of that pile of ugly.

Guest Dante Spears

WWE should already start taking pre-orders for a Triumph and Tragedy of TNA 3 Disc DVD set.

But seriously, What Belty said was true - it was shite then and it'll be shite now. Unless Russo gets fired it will continue being shite.