Fan Clubs

The Game O Help Thread

Guest MojoPogo

Guest MojoPogo

Simple, if you have any questions about games, whether you are stuck, looking for tips, pointers or any other advice, ask away here, so we can keep em all here. I'll start.....

Any long term Oblivion players know if its possible to do the Dark Brotherhood missions, and THEN the Knights of the Nine missions (they build up your infamy level, you see)?:xyx

Guest Fiona

Okay don't know if this helps or not but it's all I could find.

If you have the Knights of the Nine add-on installed, you may want to do this quest before you gain any Infamy points, so that the KotN and the Pilgrimage don't interfere with one another (for example, if you gain infamy while doing the Pilgrimage but after doing the KotN quest). While there's no reason you can't do it later, it's probably easiest to do it early on, before joining the Thieves Guild or the Dark Brotherhood.

Seeking Your Roots

Dark Brotherhood quests

Besides the fact that most of the rewards you receive for doing these quests are leveled (you won't receive the "best" item until you're level 30!), doing the Dark Brotherhood quests will net you quite a number of Infamy points, which can be somewhat inconvenient early on if you haven't earned a comparable number of Fame points as well. This applies in a lesser extent to the Thieves Guild questline as well, though most of those rewards are not leveled, and the net reward for completing them all is an item which makes your Infamy more or less irrelevant. For this reason, it might be best advised to finish the Thieves Guild questline before starting the Dark Brotherhood quests.

On the other hand, there are definite benefits to doing the Dark Brotherhood quests early such as obtaining the Shrouded Armor and Shadowmere. Completing the Pilgrimage quest for the Knights of the Nine add-on will reset your infamy points to zero.

Credit - Gamefacts

Guest MojoPogo
Why thank you Fiona! I have 31 infamy points........Im a fairly bad boy.......however i also have 100 fame points, hence i can still get blessings at the chapels, i will continue with the pilgrimage, and see what happens.

Guest MojoPogo
Sheesh, i never even got that far......I get as far as looking in the tower at all the other paintings, i even checked to see if it had been hidden underneath one of the other ones....

Guest Fiona

Here this might help. It's a detailed walkthrough on how to get the painting.

To begin the quest, speak with Countess Arriana Valga, and she'll mention being in the middle of an investigation. You have to raise her disposition to 50 or better in order for her to speak to you about it.

After she gives you the details, speak to the witnesses and suspects who can all be found in the Great Hall or the Private Living Quarters. You may have to raise several dispositions to get information from all of them.

Bittneld the Curse-Bringer, the Captain of the Guard

Chanel, the court mage

Laythe Wavrick, the herald

Orgnolf Hairy-Legs, the castle porter

Orok gro-Ghoth, the steward

If you listen to everyone's story carefully you should have enough information to decide who's guilty, but you still have to prove it. All five suspects must be interviewed before the physical evidence is gathered. This is the final evidence you need to incriminate the culprit:

A suspicious painting - at the bottom of the West Tower (through the Private Quarters doors or directly through the Arch Tower), look for a trapdoor behind the crates to the left.

Suspicious paint footprints - on a rug in the dining area.

Concealed painting tools - in the lectern in Chanel's room.

The quest is glitched if you pick up the painting tools before finding the concealed painting in the west tower. You can fix this by talking to Chanel once you have all of the evidence.

When you have enough proof, confront and accuse Chanel to extract a confession. Report to the Countess to complete the quest. At this point, she asks you who is responsible and you are given three choices; your reward (see chart below) differs depending upon your choice:

Turn in the correct culprit (Chanel). You'll receive a reward of eight gems and a level-dependent amount of gold. You will also receive one fame point and Chanel will disappear from Chorrol.

Accuse Orgnolf. You will receive a smaller amount of level-dependent gold, and no fame points.

Claim that neither was responsible. The countess will give you an even smaller amount of level-dependent gold. In addition, Chanel will give you a special painting (base value 500 gold) after three weeks (note that this reward painting is a new picture, not the portrait that was originally stolen). You do not receive any fame points.

Credit - Gamefacts

Guest Jaycey Baby
This should be called 'The Can Someone Look On GameFAQs For Me, I Can't Be Arsed, Even Though Starting A New Thread On The TWO Forums Is Probably Actually Slightly More Effort Thread'.

Guest Fiona
This should be called 'The Can Someone Look On GameFAQs For Me, I Can't Be Arsed, Even Though Starting A New Thread On The TWO Forums Is Probably Actually Slightly More Effort Thread'.

Well I could have typed the whole thing out myself from memory, but I may have missed something. Besides since I've played the game I know where to look for the answers as I needed help too.

This is what you get for trying to help people around here, a smart ass response.

Guest ScottyB
Well I could have typed the whole thing out myself from memory, but I may have missed something. Besides since I've played the game I know where to look for the answers as I needed help too.

This is what you get for trying to help people around here, a smart ass response.

Yet everything he said was said rightfully.

People do seem to make threads for things a simple google search could of solved.

Guest Anime Otaku
Does anyone know what conditions you need to meet to open the official tournaments in Virtua Fighter 5's Quest mode? Also are the arcade tournaments random? I did look on gamefaqs but I didn't find anything.

Guest Dr. ZERO

Otaku, I think the Official tourney's just open up as you play through Quest mode (I've finished all of 'em and didn't do anything special other than rank up and win prizes). I'm pretty sure that Arcade tournaments are random as well.

Quick question for any Fallout3 fans - I've only bought one of the DLC packs (Operation Ankora... Ancor... the first one) and it was rather disappointing. Was just wondering, are any of the other donwload packs worth the money? Thank ye'!

Guest Anime Otaku
From what I hear the later fallout DLC is better and more like the main game rather than a straight shooter. Broken Steel actually adds onto the end of the game and adds ten more levels for the character, plus more perks.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Dave7g
In Smackdown 2009 can you copy the DLC wrestlers into CAW spots, as templates and then export them into Legends of Wrestlemania? No DLC for legends is spastic.