Fan Clubs

Do you dye your hair ?

Guest Claire

Guest Claire
Sadly i started doing this many years ago, its now a task that i have to do every 3 or 4 weeks in order to stop my natural roots from showing through. I actually 'hate' the process of dying it although for some strange reason after ive coloured it my hair is always in really good condition ... anyone else dye their hair ?

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sadly i started doing this many years ago, its now a task that i have to do every 3 or 4 weeks in order to stop my natural roots from showing through. I actually 'hate' the process of dying it although for some strange reason after ive coloured it my hair is always in really good condition ... anyone else dye their hair ?

My other half does her hair dark and her hair always looks in great condition afterwards. She's ruined two towels so far and forced me to repaint several tiles in our bathroom...

Guest Jimmy Redman
I dont. Every now and then I entertain the idea, because I'm supposed to be blonde, yet as I get older my hair gets darker and darker, and I dont like that. But I've never seriously considered it. I think I realise that if I do it, I'd have to keep doing it and I really dont want to get into that cycle.

Guest The Beltster
Just lighten it a little bit, Jimmy. Put some highlights or streaks in there. It wouldnt be much work and it would make your hair alot lighter without looking bleach blonde fake. If you decided you didnt like it, let it grow out, it wouldnt look like you have tons of roots as you are blonde in the first place :)

Nah I don't bother. It gets really blonde in the summer and turns more of a strawberry blonde during the winter. I used to put auburn streaks through it a few years ago, don't anymore.

Been dyeing my hair since I was about 12 or 13, have been pretty much every colour going. Never bleached it, don't want to ruin my hair so likely never would. I usually go red or a dark colour - luckily my hair takes colour really well. Thinking of doing it before my birthday next. Bored with it being so 'normal' right now!

Guest Matthew J Stark
My hair's been all kinds of colours over the years, green & turquiose seem to suit very well. I've got naturally strawberry blonde hair which fades to almost blonde in the summer. I spent my entire wrestling career dying my hair black or brown (also dying my sideies & even tinting my eyebrows so it didnt look stupid) go I didnt get the 'ginger' chants. I let the dye grow out a year ago and now its getting more and more blonde looking as it goes grey/white. I get tempted every once in a while to go purple or something again, but I dont want to have to cut it short again if it all goes wrong. I'd go blonde, but apparently I look like my own evil twin!

Guest Dante Spears
I've always wanted to dye my hair purple but I've never gotten around to doing it. Probably because Brown is a hard color to dye. Edited by Dante Spears

Guest Nemesis Enforcer

I have had ginger, blonde and brown hair yet never dyed it :lol

I don't care about my apperance enough to dye my hair any other colour then it naturally is to be honest but if we get some strong prolonged sun then I can streak it just by spending some time outide, my hair bleach's in the sun so easy!

Guest Dante Spears
How purple do you want to go and how brown is your hair?

I'd say the answer to both is "dark" but that doesn't really clear anything up.

Actually the more I look into purple hair the more I realize it is something of a goth color. that and who knows what it'll fade to.