Fan Clubs

Open Club  ·  55 members  ·  Free

Wrestling

Booker T and Umaga headed to WWE?

Guest The GS

Guest The GS
ProWrestling.net is reporting that TNA star Booker T will likely be finished with TNA after his contract expires which is reportedly sometime in November. The belief right now is that Booker is unhappy with the company, and he also has a lot of backstage heat on him within TNA management because of recent behavior.

Most recently, Booker refused to put over Matt Morgan at the last set of Impact tapings, and he had a meeting just the day before with TNA President Dixie Carter where the two reportedly worked out some of the issues both sides were having with each other. Apparently that meeting did little to no good as Booker went ahead and refused to job to Morgan.

Additionally, Booker's behavior on the last TNA overseas tour was described as "disruptive," and he even refused to work a tag team match with Scott Steiner, as we reported, when the fans began to throw chairs into the ring. Booker was reportedly telling those backstage in TNA that he has plans to return to WWE, and always has that option available which he claims he most likely will exercise.

Concerning the Matt Morgan issue, there is apparently no heat between him and Booker T, it was more a matter of Booker feeling that it was a creative mistake for him to lose to Morgan on TV rather than on a PPV. Additionally, Booker did not inform TNA management about his decision not to job to Morgan until 45 minutes before the Impact taping, which made it very difficult for the creative team to re-write the segment.

The Wrestling Observer is reporting that Umaga has claimed that he will be returning to WWE. He was scheduled to participate in a shoot interview in the near future, however he has since backed out claiming that he is returning to WWE and therefore cannot do the interview. It should be noted, however, that he may have just used the WWE return excuse as a way of getting out of the interview if he simply changed his mind and didn't want to do it. We will have more on this developing story as it becomes available.

source: wrestlezone.com

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Boo for Booker T. I can't stand the guy and wish he would never return. Didn't he leave because he was about to get his third strike anyway? I hope the first part of the story is a work and he doesn't.

I would love to see Umaga back. I've missed him since he left.

Guest The Beltster
Umaga is working the Hogan tour in November so he wont be back in WWE until December at the earliest I shouldnt think.

It's funny hearing Booker T wanting to return to WWE when in like 2004 he was all about retiring soon. Yet now at the age of what 44? he's looking to return to WWE. Can't really see what he can add to be honest (except fresh opponents for a bit) but ultimately it would be another old guy in WWE.

The return of Umaga would be great, especially if they stuck him with either Cena, HBK or Undertaker. The last 2 haven't been done and have the potential to be great, while a return feud with Cena is something I'm sure most of us would like to see.

Muh I am neither over the moon, nor underwhelmed at the thought of either of these coming back. If they do it would freshen up the ME scene, well I am assuming Booker would get a ME spot, Umaga maybe not. If they don't I wont notice their abcense.

Guest The Beltster
Unless he just doesnt show the bookings. Or if Hulky decides to keep in WWEs good books.
Umaga is a friend of Hogan, Hogan is pretty good friends with most of the Samoans. He might back out but I'd assume he would have let Hogan know by now and it would have already been announced he wasnt going to be there like they announced Vicera and Godfather were no longer on the tour.

As for Hogan wanting to be in WWE's good graces, I dont really think he gives two sh*ts about that :lol

Guest Dante Spears
I just don't want to see the King Booker gimmick ever again. Then again Booker was yesterdays news years ago so I'm not sure I'd be ecstatic about him coming back at all.

Guest Jimmy Redman

Umaga coming back would be AWESOME.

Booker T, on the other hand...not so much. I'd much rather Sharmell came by herself, to be honest.

Guest The GS

Maybe if Booker T were to return and create a Nation of Domination kinda group with Mark Henry, MVP and Sharmel....

Maybe even Kofi and Alicia Fox too. WWE could do with another few stables.

Please not a rehash, it generally never works.

I like Booker, I just don't see the attraction now. He's mid 40's, a whiner and he ain't gonna draw. I mean yes they are light up top, but he's hardly the answer since they pretty much maximised his potential anyway.

Whilst Umaga still has plenty of options as I mentioned, HBK, rematch with Cena, Edge (if he returns as a face), Matt Hardy, Mysterio, Taker, Kingston, Morrison, list is endless really.

He'd fill a position that currently isn't being filled effectively, the monster heel. And he does it very well and is fresh. So yeah can't see any reason why not really.

Guest Y2James
Booker T in 2009 is absolutly useless, I would be very suprised if WWE decided to take him back. The last time Booker was relevant was in 2002, the King Booker stuff was fun for a little while but got really tiresome in the end. I also get the impression that the guy is totally deluded about his standing in wrestling history, he acts like hes Hulk Hogan or something.

Guest Jimmy Redman

Bryan Alvarez just said that Booker is pretty much a lock for leaving the company and expects him to be back in WWE within months.

F*CK OFF.

I can only accept this if he brings Sharmell.

Guest The Beltster
I dont mind Booker, but on the opposing side to Jimmy I hope he leaves his horseface annoying bitch of a wife at home. Sharmell has ZERO redeeming qualities as a wrestling personality, plus she is pig ugly.

Guest Tommate2k9
I really hope Umaga comes back! Not botherd about Booker. Although if he doesn't do the whole 'King Booker' thing again. then it might be bareable and could be okay.

Guest Shblea

I think WWE needs someone like Umaga at the moment. He's a believable, legitimate monster heel that doesn't look out of place main eventing (can't see them putting the title on him, but he's a believable challenger.) Would make Raw a bit more interesting.

But you know, if he came back, he'd probably lose a #1 contenders match or some other thing that is 'almost' pushing main event opportunities, drop into the upper mid card, grab the US title for a few months, then fade away in the same way most do on Raw these days...