Guest FreeSpirit

Preview:

Venue:

Soundstage 21 of Universal Studios - Orlando, Florida

TV Schedule:

USA: Sunday 15th November on PPV at 8e/5p - LIVE

UK: Wednesday 18th November on Bravo 2 at 9pm

[YOUTUBE]<object width="560" height="340"><param name="movie" value="

name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340"></embed></object>[/YOUTUBE]

Official TNA Turning Point Website HERE

TNA Presents "Turning Point" LIVE on PPV

15th November 2009

On Sunday 15th November, Total Nonstop Action Wrestling presents the three hour LIVE "Turning Point" epic event. The Pay-Per-View will take place from The iMPACT Zone at Universal Studios in Orlando, Florida.

"Turning Point" will air in The UK on Wednesday 18th November at 9pm exclusively on Bravo 2. The Promotional Poster features TNA World Heavyweight Champion AJ Styles.

The Pay-Per-View will feature all of your favourite TNA Wrestling superstars, including AJ Styles, Kurt Angle, Matt Morgan, Bobby Lashley, Samoa Joe, Mick Foley, Abyss, Team 3D, Beer Money, the sexy TNA Knockouts, the high-flying X Division stars and many more.

Tune into TNA iMPACT every Friday night at 9pm on Virgin 1 for more news on the "Turning Point" Pay-Per-View!

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Jimmy Redman

Apparently AJ Styles defends the Heavyweight Championship of the World against...

Chris Daniels and Samoa Joe.

NO SH*T.

I mean, as much as they could potentially have a great match...lolwhat? How the hell does that make ANY sense whatsoever? I mean...Jesus.

Daniels is an X-D jobber. A jobber. There is literally no reason he's in this match other than "they had a good three-way in 2005". Joe is stuck in the midcard and just lost clean on PPV to Lashley. Kurt Angle PINNED AJ LAST WEEK and won clean on PPV in the semi-main. Lashley beat Samoa Joe on PPV. Hell, Amazing Red just beat Daniels on the PPV. Even God damn Abyss won a "big" match over Mick Foley on PPV.

But the title contenders are Daniels and Tonga Jim.

Holy smokes.

Since Raw seems to copy all of the worst of TNA lately, I expect Cena to defend against Evan Bourne and MVP after Bragging Rights.

Complete LOLs here. At least the match will be worth YouTubing down the track.

I like lower/mid-card guys getting title shots occasionally. Yes, it would make more sense if it was on tv instead, but I'm not that bothered.

No booking is bad booking if it results in great matches :P

And with the possibility of Angle-McGuinness, Turning Point could be the best TNA PPV ever.

Actually, if they give those two matches an hour each and have Awesome Kong destroy Lauren for no reason, then end the show with Russo being fired on air by Dixie, it would be the greatest televisual spectacle since Bullseye's triumphant return a couple of years ago.

Guest Jimmy Redman

I have absolutely no problem with midcard guys getting title shots every now and then. I was thinking a lot the other day about single-brand PPVs, and how I liked the random title shots for B PPVs sometimes, just to break things up from the same old-same old, which is a huge problem now.

But...I mean, if you're going to give a midcarder a title shot...dont job him out beforehand?! Seriously, they need all the credibility he can get, and if you want to have someone as low on the totem pole as Chris freaking Daniels as a title contender, at least give him some wins beforehand to make him look like less of a jobber.

For example, Jeff Hardy the midcarder had a throwaway title shot against Orton at the Rumble. But on the way they put him over TRIPLE H clean, they put him over Umaga in a cage. They tried to make midcard Jeff look like a threat to the world champion. And funnily enough, it worked.

The guy who was one of the jobbers in the X Title match...not much of a threat, no matter how many stars it will be.

I have absolutely no problem with midcard guys getting title shots every now and then. I was thinking a lot the other day about single-brand PPVs, and how I liked the random title shots for B PPVs sometimes, just to break things up from the same old-same old, which is a huge problem now.

But...I mean, if you're going to give a midcarder a title shot...dont job him out beforehand?! Seriously, they need all the credibility he can get, and if you want to have someone as low on the totem pole as Chris freaking Daniels as a title contender, at least give him some wins beforehand to make him look like less of a jobber.

For example, Jeff Hardy the midcarder had a throwaway title shot against Orton at the Rumble. But on the way they put him over TRIPLE H clean, they put him over Umaga in a cage. They tried to make midcard Jeff look like a threat to the world champion. And funnily enough, it worked.

The guy who was one of the jobbers in the X Title match...not much of a threat, no matter how many stars it will be.

:eek

Please tell me you didn't just call Christopher Daniels a jobber!?!? :eek

Guest Jayfunk
With all due respect, what a load of f*cking crap.

however if you have the greatest booking ever if the match is crap in the end it means nothing. A decent match can save a poor booked angle while a crap match as ruin the booking

Guest Jimmy Redman

How about just...book well enough that you dont have to have a 4+ star match to salvage the entire thing?

Oh, right, TNA.

You shouldn't really care that much about "booking". The two main matches should deliver wrestling wise. It doesn't really matter "why" they are happening if they are good matches. Plus they are obviously going to have a reason why Daniels and Joe are in the match by doing a storyline about it, they have a month.

You shouldn't really care that much about "booking". The two main matches should deliver wrestling wise. It doesn't really matter "why" they are happening if they are good matches. Plus they are obviously going to have a reason why Daniels and Joe are in the match by doing a storyline about it, they have a month.

No offence, but if WWE had done that you'd have probably said the complete opposite.

I mean how often have you and all of us critiqued WWE for everything you said shouldn't or doesn't matter?!

I mean sure the match was good but there is utterly no rhyme of reason for it to be happening. They shouldn't be having to, after they've announced the match, finding a reason for them to fit a storyline into it. It makes no sense.

It does matter why they are happening, because why else would you watch it? I mean come on how many times have people had a go at WWE for doing Cena/Orton repeatedly? Yet apparantly now, it shouldn't matter if the storyline is crap as long because it will be a good match?

The majority of people who buy wrestling buy it because of the storylines not because it's going to be a great match.

While AJ/Joe/Daniels will probably be good, will it sell any more PPV's? It won't sell sh!t. Because it has utterly no reason to match, no reason as to why they are contenders, no reason as to why everyone who won on the PPV isn't, no reason except it will be a good match.

They could have an excellent match but will it interest any new fans? Course not, because why would they want to see it? There needs to be a reason that's not stuck on at the end, or else it's just a TV match. It's what wrestling's history has been built on.

Edited by Jung

With all due respect, what a load of f*cking crap.

Indeed.

I was being facetious, hence the little emoticon.

Sorry if I didn't make that clear.

Obviously, the main event on a pay-per-view, moreso than any other match, should answer the questions of booking 101, i.e. Why is A fighting B? What part does C have to play? Is there past history to draw upon? What are the potential ramifications for each man? etc.

This could still happen before Turning Point, we'll have to see how it pans out on television. Joe (despite the various failures surrounding him) can still be a believable main-eventer, if only for a month or two. Daniels is a slightly different proposition, but I'll wait until I've seen the way they go about booking him in this match before passing judgement. If they have any sense, they'll hype the Unbreakable 3-way and how evenly-matched the combatants were that night, ad infinitum. It might be a good idea to have Daniels lay out both men on the iMPACT before the PPV, to build him as a genuine contender.

While AJ/Joe/Daniels will probably be good, will it sell any more PPV's? It won't sell sh!t. Because it has utterly no reason to match, no reason as to why they are contenders, no reason as to why everyone who won on the PPV isn't, no reason except it will be a good match.

It hasn't been announced by TNA, it has a MONTH to build up an angle. What's wrong with that? Would you rather watch AJ vs Sting for the next 6 months? New matches have a way better chance of drawing than having the same matches every month. It gets boring as hell.

It hasn't been announced by TNA, it has a MONTH to build up an angle. What's wrong with that? Would you rather watch AJ vs Sting for the next 6 months? New matches have a way better chance of drawing than having the same matches every month. It gets boring as hell.

Nobody's disputing that but the fact is why is it happening?

You can't say "oh they'll explain all that" cause then the obvious thing is "well why don't they explain all that, set the wheels in motion and then announce it?"

You've completely missed the point. New matches are fine, but they have to logic and reason to happen. As already mentioned up to this point Daniels was barely a lower midcarder and Joe's been jobbing to anyone they want to push. So why are they getting title shots? Why not Lashley, Abyss, Eric Young or anyone who's actually been getting pushed and winning lately?

Oh they might explain that over the next 3 weeks? So we work in reverse now where the match is announced and then they try and think of a reason for why we should care about it. I mean come on, it's as* backward.

Why not have Styles say after the best win of my career I want to share it with my best friend and a guy who's been with me all the way, Christopher Daniels. They have a match that Styles narrowly wins. On the same show you could have Joe give a promo ala Kev Nash the night after Survivor Series 1995 saying he's lost his way and needs to rediscover who he really is.

So after Daniels/Styles match Joe interferes and destroys them both. Next episode he says he did this because this is what he did in 2005, when everybody feared him and when he sees them he's angry because he's paranoid they don't fear him any longer. Thus there you have reason for it to happen.

I'm all for new matches but they need justification to happen. You can't just say right it's AJ Styles v Marty Jannety to headline the next PPV, because everyone's first question will be "well how's that happened?"

Guest Jayfunk

Joe and Daniels have been fueding over the last couple of months AJ has been mentioned in that several times, so its not massively out of the blue, TNA will build a fued over the month.

I can't see what the big deal is we are going to enjoy an awesome world title match potentially one of the best of the year in any promotion as Joe and Daniels will be up for this and AJ is always great.

No offence, but if WWE had done that you'd have probably said the complete opposite.

right back at you! :lol

Joe and Daniels have been fueding over the last couple of months AJ has been mentioned in that several times, so its not massively out of the blue, TNA will build a fued over the month.

I can't see what the big deal is we are going to enjoy an awesome world title match potentially one of the best of the year in any promotion as Joe and Daniels will be up for this and AJ is always great

Because the match makes no sense!

Joe and Daniels have been feuding over a title which is a midcard title and Daniels has been jobbing a lot and so has Joe.

The big deal is, it's happening for no reason. Nobody is disputing it won't be a good match, but think of the reason why most people buy PPV's. It would be like announcing Cena v Swagger v Bourne. You can't just keep jobbing people out most of the time, then stick them in a main event and expect nobody to go "what the hell?"

They have the history of the match of the year 2005, as well as Daniels being responsible for AJ's return in the first place, so it's bound to be a "thank you, have a title match". It's not as random as you think it is.

They have the history of the match of the year 2005, as well as Daniels being responsible for AJ's return in the first place, so it's bound to be a "thank you, have a title match". It's not as random as you think it is.

It is, when they announce it and give no explaination as to why it's happening.

As I said, if they do what you've said, then why don't they do it the logical way, mention the 2005 match, do some stuff on that and then announce it?

It's just retarded booking.