Fan Clubs

WWE Survivor Series Discussion Thread - Nov. 22, 2009 from Washington, D.C.

TPIB

WWE Presents: The 23rd Annual WWE Survivor Series will come to you, live on pay-per-view, on November 22, 2009 from the Verizon Center in Washington, D.C.

"Get Thru This" by Art of Dying, off of their self-titled debut album, is the official for WWE Survivor Series.

http://www.talkwrestlingonline.com/images/posters/surs2009.jpg

Confirmed Matches/Events

WWE Championship: Triple Threat:

John Cena © Vs. Triple H Vs. Shawn Michaels

World Heavyweight Championship: Triple Threat:

The Undertaker © Vs. Big Show Vs. Chris Jericho

Batista Vs. Rey Mysterio

5-on-5 Traditional Survivor Series Elimination Match:

Randy Orton, Legacy, CM Punk, & William Regal (Team Orton) Vs. Kofi Kingston, MVP, Mark Henry, R-Truth, & ECW Champion Christian (Team Kingston)

5-on-5 Traditional Survivor Series Elimination Match:

Intercontinental Champion John Morrison, Matt Hardy, Evan Bourne, Finlay, & Shelton Benjamin (Team Morrison) Vs. United States Champion The Miz, Dolph Ziggler, Sheamus, Drew McIntyre, & Jack Swagger (Team Miz)

Divas 5-on-5 Traditional Survivor Series Elimination Match:

Mickie James, Divas Champion Melina, Gail Kim, Eve Torres, & Kelly (Team Mickie) Vs. Women's Champion Michelle McCool, Alicia Fox, Beth Phoenix, Layla, & Jillian (Team Michelle)

Edited by Kam

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just realised they have the same storyline for both main events. Champion versus tag team who will inevitably fight. Little bit lazy there.

To me, it would not really be Survivor Series without the 5-on-5 Elimination Matches.

While both WWE & World Heavyweight Title Matches are the same idea with both being Triple Threat Matches featuring tag teams that will fight and argue in the match, at least it is something we have not seen in a while (at least to my knowledge).

I fully expect at least one of the matches to end with the tag team fighting each other and the champion taking advantage to keep the title.

With that said, I do see both John Cena & The Undertaker retaining their titles. Though it would be interesting to see Big Show or Chris Jericho carrying around three title belts.

It will be interesting to see if Jeri-Show loses the tag titles before Survivor Series. It would be even more interesting if they lost them to DX, which is very much a possibility.

I just thought of a good build up match they could have for the two Triple Threat Matches. Have a big 6-Man Tag Match with John Cena & DX taking on The Undertaker & Jeri-Show.

Guest Dante Spears
To me, it would not really be Survivor Series without the 5-on-5 Elimination Matches.

That's never stopped the WWE before. It could easily be a 4 on 4 elimination match, a 5 on 4 elimination match, or they could try something else and do an Uber 10 on 10 Survivor series match.

The point is, it isn't confirmed until it's confirmed.

Any chance Christian can get a match?
You say that like Christian hasn't had any PPV matches since his return. Apart from No Way Out (which took place less than a week after he came back), he was on eight pay-per-views in a row, every one of them, excluding WrestleMania, having him either challenge for or defend the ECW Championship.

Only the last two PPVs have not had Christian on them, so having been in eight out of ten (or, if you want to include NWO, eleven) is a pretty good percentage of appearances, particulalry when they've pretty much all been title matches.

I would expect there to be a Team Orton Vs. Team Kofi Survivor Series Elimination Match as they now have six wrestlers involved in that feud and that seems to be the direction they are heading. I can see the last four wrestlers being put in there without a lot of thought behind it. Maybe have Miz on Team Orton and Evan Bourne on Team Kofi. That would make sense for that short-lived rivalry. They could probably throw Sheamus on Team Orton and, in a bit of a long shot, throw Jamie Noble on Team Kofi.

Guest FreeSpirit
I won't be ordering this unless they book at least 2 good traditional SS match up's.

Get ready to part with your cash perhaps then Icon, because one has been announced...

Team Mickie Vs Team McCool!

Get ready to part with your cash perhaps then Icon, because one has been announced...

What a load of shite.

Guest Y2James

Well it wont be any worse than the womens 5 vs 5 match from Survivor Series 99.

What a load of shite.
Hmmm... I could have sworn this was you in another thread.
Wait and see before you condemn what might be something totally different.
I may be mistaken... or I may have forgotten that your rules only apply to TNA.

After Raw I can see Kofi/MVP/Mark vs Legacy. Maybe with 2 more men, or maybe just a 6 man traditional match. I hope so.

I can see this happening, perhaps with

Cryme Tyme and Hart Dynasty joining to make it a traditional 5 man.

Unless anyone can think of anyone more suitable to join it?

• Join the early access

Members are able to join clubs and participate in the forums.

• Latest Club Activity