Fan Clubs

Open Club  ·  55 members  ·  Free

Wrestling

WWE is PG / When YOU were a kid?

Guest MastersGonads

Guest MastersGonads
I hope they get rid of the PG shit soon. Well ****s me off sometimes. I doubt they ever will if McMahon is making money from the kiddys wanting rey rey masks and all that bollocks

Its not so much about merchandiding, but more more mainstream sponsors, backing the product, if it is cleaner and more acceptable to a mainstram network..

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Tommate2k9
Its not so much about merchandiding, but more more mainstream sponsors, backing the product, if it is cleaner and more acceptable to a mainstram network..

Well i know that, i was just giving one quick example.

Guest Tommate2k9
Yeah, but Rey selling masks to kids has nothing to do with the PG rating. He's always done that.

But surly you can understand that more kids are more likly to buy masks. And if more kids are watching it then more masks are likely to be sold.

Guest Jimmy Redman
But surly you can understand that more kids are more likly to buy masks. And if more kids are watching it then more masks are likely to be sold.

But going PG doesnt make more kids watch. Quite the opposite. The whole PG deal is, as MG said, for corporate (and political) reasons, not to actually get more children viewers. Thus its still irrelevant.

Guest Tommate2k9
there is a magazine call wwe kids. What your saying is true except that they ARE trying to market to kids. You cant argue that there not really.

Guest Jimmy Redman
there is a magazine call wwe kids. What your saying is true except that they ARE trying to market to kids. You cant argue that there not really.

They have ALWAYS marketed to kids though, never said they havent. I'm saying that specifically the PG move isnt targeting kids any more than they did the day before they were PG, since its a corporate thing.

The kids magazine has been around for a while, I think.

Almost everyone on this forum got into wrestling as a kid, no matter the era. What does that tell ya, so called Tommate2k9?

Except for me. :lol

Allow me to explain, if you haven't heard the story before. When I was a kid, I used to collect WCW figures (I've still got them all). I hadn't actually seen any wrestling, but at primary school me and my friends used to bring our figures and Powerbomb and Piledriver the hell out of them. Anyway, I soon got hold of WCW Halloween Havoc 1998 on VHS, and it was the only wrestling I'd ever seen, so I kept watching it and watching it. And yes, back then we all knew it was fake. As a kid I really enjoyed when Hogan set fire to his own face. Anyway, a few years later I lost the tape, and I had no interest in wrestling at this stage, and I didn't watch any wrestling until 2006. One day, I suddenly got the urge to buy SmackDown: Shut Your Mouth! on the PS2, as I was looking for a different game to play. From there, I became interested again, so I purchased a few cheap WWE DVD's, and after watching them I've been a fan ever since.

So yeah. :lol

Edited by ShaolinHandLock

Guest Jimmy Redman

I missed wrestling when I was a little kid. Well I mean, I was a girl. I remember one night at football training when I was like 10, I heard the boys saying my name and I asked them what was up and I got a derisory "No, not you! We're talking about Stacy Keibler."

How rude.

Anywho, at some point in late 2003 my brother started wanting to watch wrestling on TV. Saw a few segments when I was in the room, then Shawn Michaels made that huge comeback on Team Bischoff at Survivor Series, John Cena came out and rapped at Vince McMahon, and the rest is history.

I've always considered 13 as being a fairly late bloomer, wrestling wise.

Guest Dante Spears
Except for me. :lol

Do you know what the word "Almost" means, right?

I've always considered 13 as being a fairly late bloomer, wrestling wise.

Not really, I was 17 when I got into wrestling, minus one or two brief looks when I was younger.

Guest Nemesis Enforcer
I got into wrestling when I was 5 and remember Hogan doing his eat your vitamins, say your prayers, buy my merch stuff which was all aimed at kids more so then Cena is today by a long way.

I've said this before. My dad and I used to go to the old Maple Leaf Gardens once a month to watch wrestling. The only reason I went was because no-one else would go with him. I was about 9 at the time so I had no choice. I guess you could call me a part time fan since then.

I would stop for awhile and then get back into it again. My son started watching about 6 years ago and I started watching full time pretty much full time. I view it mostly as entertainment and doesn't fuss me if I don't remember much about the matches.

Guest LadyHotrod

Anyone who complains about wrestling sucking because of being PG is an idiot (sorry).

Granted, some of you are either too young or started watching wrestling during the attitude era but in the 80's and early to mid 90's, wrestling was geared towards KIDS, just like it is now. There weren't a zillion chair shots or people getting thrown through tables or wrestlers being cut open all the time. No middle fingers, beating up the boss, skanky women or beer. There were a ton of kid friendly wrestlers like Hogan, JYD and Koko B. Ware. Hogan and Beefcake always talked about their friendship and how important it was to stick by your best friend. Koko showed off Frankie to the delight of kids.

The problem is NOT the rating, it's the storylines and matches. They suck. This is like the 80's all over again except the 80's didn't suck. Blame the creative team for not being creative, not the rating. That's the problem with people who grew up during the attitude era. You think that is what wrestling was always like and it wasn't. The kid friendly approach is not new at all.