Chris' Reviews

Guest ChrisfromBirtley

Guest ChrisfromBirtley

Reviewed Ratchet + Clank

Hi there! R+C was 1 of the games I got 4 xmas!! Thought you might want to see my views on it.

The reviews I do from now will be set out in a comment, and then the 3 good points of the game, and 3 bad points.

Ratchet + Clank...

For years now, we have been conducted in the direction of such platformers. First we had Sonic, on Nintendo, them, as this series went on, such platformers came out on Nintendo.

On the Playstation, we had the Crash Bandicoot series. We instantly knew that it was better than any of Nintendo`s games. (That is if you are a playstation gamer) Then came along Spyro The Dragon, which developed into 4 games, the new one being a recent release. Crash was always known as the better guy, so we had 6 Crash games!!!

We then got a bit picky with our 40 `odd notes, and looked for better platformers. Jak + Daxter was the "next big thing" everyone said, but, was it?....

Finally Ratchet + Clank has stood up and said "this is how it should be done"

It is a gr8 game. In my view, the best platformer to date, ther`s hardly any pop up`s graphic wise, and the characters are comical. Clearly following in Jak and Daxter`s footsteps, but bettering perhaps.

GOOD STUFF:

1. No pop ups

2. Not Crash or Spyro

3. A decent idea

BAD STUFF:

1. Lack of competition

2. hardly any enemies

3. the fear of being too short

Please let me know what you think of my review, look out for more reviews soon.

thanks for reading ChrisfromBirtley

Guest ChrisfromBirtley

MGS: Substance Preview

Taking in views of Playstation magazines, I have came across my own prediction into Substance.

Now, we all know the Metal Gear series by now, (and if u don`t, then I`m not gonna go into detail because it will take me well into the night!!)

When Konami first dropped the bombshell on MGS: SUbstance into the industry, everyone yelled across the rooftops "Metal Gear 3 is upon us!!!" But, unfortunantley, they were wrong..

MGS: Substance is nothing more than a "side- game" if u will.

I, however was so excited, as I love the Metal Gear series, there was the promise of the original MGS2: Sons Of Liberty cut-seen free disc, which was gr8 news straight away! U could imagine it, straight into the action, no, long, tiresome bore, that should have came on a separate optional disc in the first place.

Then there was the substance disc, which promised the following features: "snake tales" "skateboarding" "virtual" and many more.

There was more playable characters, including Meryl, Ninja, Pliskin, tuxedo` snake!!

Playstation Max gave it a buzz factor of 5/5, but, after seeing that its NOT MGS 3, and no essential need 4 a purchase, I give it a total

3/5 what do u think?

Guest ChrisfromBirtley

GTA: VC short term review

The reason I`m going into no detail at all is because everyone`s probably played it to death!!

it`s reviewed everywhere in the gaming forum.

GOOD STUFF:

1. It`s GTA!

2. new missions, better cities

3. freedom

BAD STUFF:

1. it hasn`t had much of a move on

2. u don`t seem to have as much control

3. samey cars

I'm not entirely sure whether I will buy it or not. There is a lot of extra stuff, but deep down all it is really is a modified version of Metal Gear 2 with a few extra missions and the Snake Tales. The skateboarding part looks good though, and I like it how you can play as different characters, but I doubt I will buy it, I will probably pick it up when it goes Platinum.

As for the buzz factor, I would also give it 3/5.

Vice City is excellent, I have been playing it non stop for the past few days. The graphics are excellent, the music is fantastic, and thet missions are well structured. The game also has a big lifespan, and will take me ages to complete all the missions, find all the packages, rob all the shops etc.

Overall, I'd say its the best game I have got on PS2 at the minute.

Guest ChrisfromBirtley

007 Night Fire review

This certainly needs no introduction. Based on the new Bond film "Die Another Day" the games doesn`t have a lot to do with it. But, that`s not a bad thing at all, it`s still a top shoot-em-up!!

The weaponry is very impressive compared to previous efforts on the PS One, and the AI is improved massivley, they actually look like they are looking 4 u!! Not just standing there like zoons from planet of the apes!!

The gadgetry is actually worth having with you! Can u believe it, u can use them in missions!!! Unlike all the other efforts, which, in my mind, are still good fun.

Possibly the best feature is the new multiplayer mode, which is a right laugh! The bots are very intelligent.

GOOD STUFF:

1. Improved AI

2. Gadgetry

3. weaponry

BAD STUFF:

1. Bit edgey in some places

2. a lot of cutseens

3. a bit out of the ordinary

Playstation Max gave it 69%

I give it 87%

Guest ChrisfromBirtley

more 2 come

huge game reviews and previews to come for games such as:

Tomb Raider: Angel Of Darkness

Time Splitters 2

Crash 6

Spyro 4

Rayman 3

Tony Hawks 4

indiana jones

devil may cry 2

silent hill 3

LOTR 1+2

resi online

hitman 2

harry potter 2

syphon filter 3

MGS 1+2

and many, many, many more...

please check `em out...ChrisfromBirtley

• 2 weeks later...
Guest ChrisfromBirtley

Reviewed Crash:The Wrath Of Cortex

You all know the series by now surley. There`s been 5 Crash games in total for the Playstation 1, and this is Crash`s first PS2 appearence.

Most people may have chosen to by pass this title, and go 4 something like Ratchet + Clank, and, not wishing to put u off, R+C is the better of the 2.

I bought Crash 6, plainly because I`m a fan of the series. And, if u like Crash games, most of u will be pleased. Not very pleased, but, pleased. It`s arguably the best Crash outing, with a much improved AI, more dangerous worlds, more realistic atmosphere, much improved graphics, but, as in any Crash game, little replay value. And that is the only real fear with the game.

So, it`s really up to u.

GOOD STUFF:

1. Improved in many ways

2. Gr8 4 fans

3. longer?

BAD STUFF:

1. Little replay value

2. Still only 2 playable characters

3. Only die hard Crash fans need apply

Please let me know what u think of my reviews. How can I make `em better? How can I improve?

Thanks/ ChrisfromBirtley

Guest ChrisfromBirtley

Coming Soon...

My next reviews/previews will be:

GTA: Sin City (Red Hot!)

SD! 5 (Red Hot!)

MGS3 (Red Hot!)

GTA4 (Red Hot)

Indiana Jones And The Emperor`s Tomb

Tomb Raider: Angel Of Darkness

Spyro 4

MGS:Substance

And many, many more. Plus!! All the hottest PS news 4 both consoles!!

Thanks/ ChrisfromBirtley

• 2 weeks later...
Guest ChrisfromBirtley

TOMB RAIDER: ANGEL OF DARKNESS

Now, everybodies played at least 1 Tomb Raider before, I`m sure. With the popularity of all 5 games in the current series, but, if you haven`t, (which u must have been living in a cave 4 the last 12 years!):

The story is about a woman in her early twenties, who, sets off on different escapades to solve puzzles, and discover certain artifactes.

That`s basically it. Very basic, but effective. You solve puzzles, discover rooms, find stuff, and that`s it.

The first game constructed this very well. The second, even better. The third, a bit out. The forth, not essential. The fith, trying to be a game that Lara Croft (the game star) isn`t fit for.

But, this one is going to be different. we`ve all seen screen shots I`m sure, and videos some of us, and, I`ve been very impressed.. but will you?

With promised 2 playable characters, and "Metal Gear" gameplay, it can`t be bad. Can it?

You play as Lara, and, the second character, Kurt, accompanies you, as you play AGAINST the law.

More enemies, guards, bosses, sounds a bit too much Metal Gear to me, but, that could turn out gr8. `Cause any game following in that series footstep`s has to be gr8.

What do u lot think?

Thanks/ ChrisfromBirtley

Tome Raider Angel of Darkness is looking pretty good actually, the graphics look a lot smoother and the gameplay should be good, especially if there are some elements of Metal Gear Solid in it. I will probably buy it, unless it gets horrendous reviews.

Guest Seabass

Re: TOMB RAIDER: ANGEL OF DARKNESS

Originally posted by ChrisfromBirtley

You play as Lara, and, the second character, Kurt, accompanies you, as you play AGAINST the law.

Thanks/ ChrisfromBirtley

(info taken but not (entierly) copied word for word from Gamesmaster Magazine)

*Might as well clas this as a Semi-Plot spoiler*

*****SEMI-PLOT SPOLIER******

Actually Lara isn't really against the Law as there is a new bad guy in town. First off i'll tell you abt the plot at the end of Tomb Raider: The Last Revalation we saw are heroine seemingly get killed by the rubble of the temple (or whatever) but she manage to emearge from the rubble with the help of the Bedouin Tribe.

returning to Europe she gets a phone call from Von Croy who needs help (the nerve of him!) wanting answers she goes off to see him- when she meets up he tells Lara he fears for his life do to getting too involved with a task (fecthing a set of paintings for a guy called Eckhardt). Just then- Eckhardt comes in and during a shuffle Lara gets knocked out. She awkes with blood on he hands and the police on the way, so rather then try and explain she gets the hell out and goes after Eckhardt.

Eckhardt is the new Bad guy, but he ain't no normal guy- Eckhadt comes from around the 1300's and is a alchamist. he manage to track down a race of beings called "The Nephilim" (a mx of humans and angels that were nearly wiped out in near-biblical times). He made a blood sign that could kill these beings (they were only a few left so he knew he could take them on). so he made a bargain that if he was made immortal, he would resserect The Nephilm. in 1445- he was improsioned by the Knights of the Lux Veritltis untill 1945 when the Cabal freed him. To make sure he never went back- he stole a shard killing Kurtis's father in the process which is where are second playable character comes in...

*****END OF SEMI-PLOT SPOILER*****

...His full name is Kurtis Trent. He's out for one thing and that's revenge!. His father was killed by Eckhardt and seeking vengence his mission becomes collecting the three shards and destory Eckhardt for good. eventually Lara and Kurtis will cross each other and may join forces but untill that happens- kurtis is fine with whooping evil's ass on his own and he has the ablities to do so.

Kurtis's main weapon is a spiked frisbee,which he can select numerous enemies and then let loose, he can also use guns and is more likely to get more of his share then Lara since while Lara'a levels involve more exploring and sneaking then action- it's vice versa for Kurtis

Nothing new on Lara except she now has a power amulet given by a Bedouin Shaman- this means that she can increase her ablities though Character Evoloution. in a nutshell the more Harder and obscure gthe path is, the more she will become stronger and faster. this also means that are now various path for eatch level- so if you can't quite complete one, you'll have to find another one that you can complete withy your ablities (i slightly digress that this could result in tedious back tracking)

one last thing- you can now save at any time but you only have limited uses of the save function per level (this is likely to cause some outcry)

Edited by Seabass

Guest ChrisfromBirtley

I stand corrected. But, this is the honest truth!!

I swear on my life, I did not get that from Game Master, is it a website? A mag? Lokk, I swear!!

My reviews and previews are done entlirley by me. Word 4 word.

Please belive me guys, I swear!!