Open Club  ·  37 members  ·  Free

Wrestling

The end of the Ross Report

Guest Pabster

Guest Pabster

Hey,

This is from wrestlingobserver.com :

-Jim Ross announced today he was ceasing doing the Ross Report, claiming time constraints. It had been clear in recent reports that Ross was getting more and more frustrated with the reaction to the reports, both from talent that felt slighted they weren't mentioned positively when others were, and from criticism from people looking at supposed hidden meanings

That's a shame as the Ross Report is always a decent read. What do you think?

Cheers.

Guest Pabster

Here is more on the story from the actual Ross Report over at wwe.com :

The primary reason for my ceasing writing this column is twofold. First, my lack of time to properly devote to the Ross Report due to my many other responsibilities for WWE is the major reason. Being on the road 50 weeks a year doing our TV shows and my responsibilities as Senior Vice President in charge of talent, including evaluating our talent roster and managing our developmental program in OVW, is virtually a seven-day-a-week job. Plus, I will be spending a great deal of time in a few months promoting our upcoming cookbook and rollout of our BBQ sauce project, which has long been a labor of love for yours truly. On a personal note, I have found it to be very challenging to continue to write about the talent roster I manage. I compare it to declaring which of your children you like the best, which is unfair to the talents not mentioned in any given Report. Kinda like my late dad used to say, "Damned if you do, damned if you don't." I have never intended to slight any talent, but the mere omission of a particular talent from a Ross Report can be perceived as a negative for that individual. That was never my goal, but it seemed like the column oftentimes took on a life of its own, with many often writing about what "J.R. really was saying.

" My goal was always to be honest and up front and to provide a unique perspective of WWE, especially our talent roster of Superstars, which I have the utmost respect and appreciation for. 2003 is going to be a great year for WWE, led by the greatest array of talent, from top to bottom, on both the RAW and SmackDown! rosters, that I have ever been associated with in my 25-plus years in our wonderful business. My sincere thanks to all of you worldwide who have supported the Ross Report over the years and for your continued support of WWE.

Cheers.

I"m also dissapointed, i would always look forwards to it on a weekend.It was a very good read,as it was always straight from the horses mouth,and as JR is such a highly valid WWE figure you knew his thoughts would usually represent the same thoughts as the company.I will miss it!

Guest Jerichoholic

I always go and read the Ross Report, its always a good read. Its a great shame its being cancelled. Perhaps they can replace it with a column by someone else.

Maybe they can hire Pab to do the P Report?! :D

Guest Tajiri
The new issue of Raw magazine in the US has huge one page advert for the Ross Report proving the decision to cut it was made suddenly and Dave Scherer of 1Wrestling.com is reporting that the decision to cut the report was made by Vince McMahon not Jim Ross.

We'll probably get the HHH report soon, of him blaming different things, on why business is down.

Week 1: Tough Enough

Week 2: Chris Jericho

Week 3: Rob Van Dam

..... Week 84: The Ultimate Warrior

You get the picture

Guest Godfather
I can honestly say I have never read an actual Ross Report as that would involve actually going to wwe.com, instead I sometimes read the edited versions that other sites post.